DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered the Icon coilovers and looking into rear links while I wait for shipping. I am going after articulation for low speed off-roading. Not many places to get speed here in the GA mtns.

Anyone have any experience with the rock jock rear links vs other companies? I know Icon makes some as well but they are almost double the cost. I wouldn't think there would be any issues mixing the rock jocks with Icon coils but maybe I'm wrong.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a mix of ICON and Camburg. The biggest difference is some have adjustable lengths and some don’t, so factor in your needs based on your lift. I doubt it’s an issue mixing brands as long as you keep the axle centered and the correct pinion angle. As far as being different brands than the coilovers, it won’t matter at all as long as it’s designed for that amount of lift.

It’s certainly subjective, but it seems getting rid of the factory hard rubber bushings has kept my rear axle planted more often. With factory setup I was always lifting a tire. Now it rarely happens on the same trails.

mrnoodley

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2018 JL, 2020 Gladiator, 2021 2dr Badland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're working on some billet aluminum control arms. We're making them in-house (in the good ol' USA) using FK heim joints.

I've had the first set of test arms in my 2dr Badlands for a few months for durability testing and will be going into production soon. These are bare aluminum, production arms will be hard anodized and will have a replaceable delrin slider on the lowers to help protect from rock damage.

These are still a month or so away from shipping, and we don't have final pricing yet, but feel free to reach out if they seem like what you're looking for.

IMG_8451.JPG
IMG_8144.JPG
IMG_7860.JPG

OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a mix of ICON and Camburg. The biggest difference is some have adjustable lengths and some don’t, so factor in your needs based on your lift. I doubt it’s an issue mixing brands as long as you keep the axle centered and the correct pinion angle. As far as being different brands than the coilovers, it won’t matter at all as long as it’s designed for that amount of lift.

It’s certainly subjective, but it seems getting rid of the factory hard rubber bushings has kept my rear axle planted more often. With factory setup I was always lifting a tire. Now it rarely happens on the same trails.
good to hear, Im leaning to the rock jock upper and lowers. looking to get the most articulation I can.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

good to hear, Im leaning to the rock jock upper and lowers. looking to get the most articulation I can.
I’d do the rear track bar at the same time.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to show you a good reason to replace the rear components, this was only a few months old. Already hard and cracked.

Ford Bronco Rear Link options B930A794-E61A-4C45-B953-8A2FEA1BEF63

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We're working on some billet aluminum control arms. We're making them in-house (in the good ol' USA) using FK heim joints.

I've had the first set of test arms in my 2dr Badlands for a few months for durability testing and will be going into production soon. These are bare aluminum, production arms will be hard anodized and will have a replaceable delrin slider on the lowers to help protect from rock damage.

These are still a month or so away from shipping, and we don't have final pricing yet, but feel free to reach out if they seem like what you're looking for.

Who's making these?

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter