SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone turned off just their rear parking aid sensors, leaving the front ones on? This is an option in SYNC under Features > Driver Assistance, but it seems like mine don’t persistently stay off. I have them turned off because my bike rack blocks a few of them, and I don’t want the annoying blare of the alert whenever I go into reverse. It seems to work as expected right when you disable the rear sensors, but some time later they re-enable even though SYNC says they’re still off — maybe after you restart the car, or the front sensors alert to something?
Sponsored

NorthernSoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone turned off just their rear parking aid sensors, leaving the front ones on? This is an option in SYNC under Features > Driver Assistance, but it seems like mine don’t persistently stay off. I have them turned off because my bike rack blocks a few of them, and I don’t want the annoying blare of the alert whenever I go into reverse. It seems to work as expected right when you disable the rear sensors, but some time later they re-enable even though SYNC says they’re still off — maybe after you restart the car, or the front sensors alert to something?
Yep.. Happens to me too. Also seems totally random on whether this toggle works or not.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if there's a way to report SYNC bugs to Ford? OTA updates are great, but only if we can actually report issues to be fixed.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealer? I'll check into this concern you're having!

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealer? I'll check into this concern you're having!
Sent! A more general bug reporting form for SYNC specifically would go a long way, however. OTA updates are awesome and all, but without a way for us to report bugs on our own, the headache of reporting issues to the dealer and bringing the vehicle in for a day to be inspected is too much of a burden. It's obvious this isn't a broken part or anything of the sort that my dealer would be able to help with, and I doubt reinstalling or resetting SYNC will help here.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sent! A more general bug reporting form for SYNC specifically would go a long way, however. OTA updates are awesome and all, but without a way for us to report bugs on our own, the headache of reporting issues to the dealer and bringing the vehicle in for a day to be inspected is too much of a burden. It's obvious this isn't a broken part or anything of the sort that my dealer would be able to help with, and I doubt reinstalling or resetting SYNC will help here.
I was watching a YouTube review recently on the new EV Hummer - It has a physical button to push, which displays an email address to send issues to. That's overkill for sure, but something built into SYNC would be great (similar to what cell phone apps have).

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was watching a YouTube review recently on the new EV Hummer - It has a physical button to push, which displays an email address to send issues to. That's overkill for sure, but something built into SYNC would be great (similar to what cell phone apps have).
Yeah, an email address isn't great but if it's automated on the other end to general a bug report of some sort then I could see it being a cheap and easy way of getting feedback. Something like a web form where you can submit a bug would be ideal, though.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is odd. Just wondering, have you noticed that it happens after you've turned the engine off then restart. Or, is it just random? I'm old, and don't really understand many of the new fangled electronics. But, the ones on my Jeep stay off until I reset them.

I use a bike rack also, and them things will drive me nuts if I don't turn 'em off.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is odd. Just wondering, have you noticed that it happens after you've turned the engine off then restart. Or, is it just random? I'm old, and don't really understand many of the new fangled electronics. But, the ones on my Jeep stay off until I reset them.

I use a bike rack also, and them things will drive me nuts if I don't turn 'em off.
When you toggle the rear parking sensor setting on then off, they seem to stay off -- but in my case, they did not remain off even without restarting the car. I think they turned themselves back on as soon as I got home and used the front parking sensors. I then shifted into reverse and got the blaring tone of the alert system. I double checked my settings to make sure the rear sensors were still off, and they were. So it seems like the system has an issue with how it's caching or reading the setting from SYNC's preferences

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you press the physical button for backup alerts? It’s by the HVAC settings.

I am wondering if there’s an either an error in software or a separate system all together that dictates when the rear sensors react.
The button itself works as expected, but disables all of the sensors. There's almost certainly a SYNC bug that does not persist the settings you choose when disabling just the front or rear sensors. I've DM'd @Ford Motor Company as they requested, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Sponsored

LA Pick

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Mustang, Explorer, S2000, Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have set the rear parking sensors off in Sync4 as shown. But my bike rack makes it howl as soon as I move in reverse... I hope @Ford Motor Company corrects this.

Ford Bronco Rear Parking Sensors still alerting when turned off through SYNC4 Sensor 1
Ford Bronco Rear Parking Sensors still alerting when turned off through SYNC4 Sensor 2

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have set the rear parking sensors off in Sync4 as shown. But my bike rack makes it howl as soon as I move in reverse... I hope @Ford Motor Company corrects this.

Ford Bronco Rear Parking Sensors still alerting when turned off through SYNC4 Sensor 2
I don’t have high hopes… @Ford Motor Company dm’d me and set me up with a case number saying I’d be contacted by someone soon, haven’t heard anything since. Who even knows if they have an issue tracking this bug yet.

Reactions: Cat

Pensfan

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, Ram 2500, Ducati 1260S, FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you tried to turn off Cross Traffic Alert, it uses same sensors.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried to turn off Cross Traffic Alert, it uses same sensors.
Why would you need to turn off a separate function entirely to get Parking Aid to turn off? The issue here isn’t that the sensors are still on, it’s that SYNC still shows you the parking aid graphic and plays the loud parking sensor tone even after disabling the parking aid in Features. Turning off parking aid with the physical button in the center console works just fine, and leaves cross traffic alert on as far as I know.

LA Pick

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Mustang, Explorer, S2000, Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have high hopes… @Ford Motor Company dm’d me and set me up with a case number saying I’d be contacted by someone soon, haven’t heard anything since. Who even knows if they have an issue tracking this bug yet.
Precisely why I posted (and DM'ed). They need to know it's not just you.
Sponsored