drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an official TSB for those still having issues.

TSB 22-2038
Sponsored

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Starting to wonder if the chips many of us are waiting on, are buggy.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting to wonder if the chips many of us are waiting on, are buggy.
How would a chip be buggy, exactly? New software is always buggy — as a software engineer I can attest to that 😅 this issue is certainly just a software bug, and the dealer update that many say resolves it all but proves that

rllw

Badlands
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know if it was or not. Service department did the update. The Service manager did say they had some issues getting the update to either download or install completely and had to get Ford involved. When I got it back some of my dash and radio settings went back to factory.

I looked on paperwork and it just states "software update for park aid sensors nopt coming on"

performed ipc update per ssm 50169
Thanks again for your help on this, knowing the SSM number really helped with my dealer!

LA Pick

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Mustang, Explorer, S2000, Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SSM 50169 just states to use the Features menu to disable the front/rear parking sensors -- using the very options described in this thread as not working
Just picked up my Badlands from the dealer. Because of this post, he was able to find the software update and get this problem fixed. Thanks! Took five hours to update, but I was 2000 miles away, so I didn't care. Thanks, forum!

Last edited:

Sponsored

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone turned off just their rear parking aid sensors, leaving the front ones on? This is an option in SYNC under Features > Driver Assistance, but it seems like mine don’t persistently stay off. I have them turned off because my bike rack blocks a few of them, and I don’t want the annoying blare of the alert whenever I go into reverse. It seems to work as expected right when you disable the rear sensors, but some time later they re-enable even though SYNC says they’re still off — maybe after you restart the car, or the front sensors alert to something?
Has anyone turned off just their rear parking aid sensors, leaving the front ones on? This is an option in SYNC under Features > Driver Assistance, but it seems like mine don’t persistently stay off. I have them turned off because my bike rack blocks a few of them, and I don’t want the annoying blare of the alert whenever I go into reverse. It seems to work as expected right when you disable the rear sensors, but some time later they re-enable even though SYNC says they’re still off — maybe after you restart the car, or the front sensors alert to something?

This happens to me too. I even have all parking aids off. The sensor seems to stay off until I restart the car. Then the alarm sounds again despite the setting reading that they’re off. Then I have to go in and turn the sensor back on and then off again for the alarm to stop.

BroncoCMH

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carless
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This happens to me too. I even have all parking aids off. The sensor seems to stay off until I restart the car. Then the alarm sounds again despite the setting reading that they’re off. Then I have to go in and turn the sensor back on and then off again for the alarm to stop.
Same issue here. It seems like it stays OK until I turn the car off.

Startup procedure becomes like running through a pilot's checklist. Or I look for places to park where I can pull forward.

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ha! I like that - start up procedure. It’s true though. Ok. Ok. Ok. Ok. Ok. Clear for driving😎
Sponsored