Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone tried using the rear quarter panel pre wired connection to the 15amp or 30amp aux switch to install a subwoofer Amplifier?
I'm a bit lost on what I wire together in the glovebox, then again under the hood to connect to say aux 2 which is 15amp and should work for the amp.
Sponsored

Ross

Big Bend
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
Synchros

Synchros

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As A Flfollowup, I decided to run some 10 gauge to the battery with a separate fuse. On the bright side that was easier than expected. The foot rest/drivers kick plate panel is a horror show. Had to "remove" it to install a new speaker.

Ross

Big Bend
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you attach it to the fuse panel or straight to the battery? Does amp turn/off by itself? I’ve never wired an amp before…

OP
OP
Synchros

Synchros

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you attach it to the fuse panel or straight to the battery? Does amp turn/off by itself? I’ve never wired an amp before…
Straight to battery with an inline fuse (made for amps). I grabbed a JBL bass pro go, which you can wire direct to your front kick plate speakers, and the sub/amp combination has an option to turn power on/off based on audio input.
This was the cleanest install I could find, and doubles as a removable Bluetooth speaker!

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can also run a signal line to the pre-run 12v wires behind the glovebox if you want to use a low amperage aux switch to turn on/off the amp signal. I did this for redundancy (never want to find my battery dead because the amp failed to shut off).

Ross

Big Bend
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was also wondering about connecting to my overhead aux switches.

OP
OP
Synchros

Synchros

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can also run a signal line to the pre-run 12v wires behind the glovebox if you want to use a low amperage aux switch to turn on/off the amp signal. I did this for redundancy (never want to find my battery dead because the amp failed to shut off).
Interesting, so that would be the typical signal line wire if I was hooking to amp shutoff to ignition?

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, so that would be the typical signal line wire if I was hooking to amp shutoff to ignition?
Its an option, for sure, I did it in mine solely as a redundancy. Im using an Infinity BassLink Mini that uses an auto signal from the kick panel speakers which will turn it on and off, but the switch is just for peace of mind when I'm out in the woods or something and parked.

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what did you use for the 12v source to switch the amp? What do you tap to get power when car is on?

OP
OP
Synchros

Synchros

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ended up just running 12v to the battery, audio signal from high level in spliced to front kick panel speakers. Amp is sub/amp combo JBL bass pro go, only draws power when audio signal is detected.
Worked out cleaner then I hoped.
Sponsored