Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen some Fold Flat seats that have a very liberal definition of Flat. I intend to carry two dogs in my 2 door with the seats down and a hammock/barrier to keep them in the back. So I really want Flat and not almost flat or flat with big holes.

I will also use the Molle on the seat backs to attach my rifle scabbard so it is hidden behind the hammock and out of sight. I might be designing a custom hammock just for this purpose. I want to use the back gate to get them in and out using a stow-able ramp. Thankfully my mom is a master with a sewing machine and likes to take on a challenge.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks pretty good to me. Definitely better than a 2-door Wrangler.
1594742568325.png

Looks like an ARB fridge in the cargo area, which fits with room to spare. Those are about a foot wide.
Looking at this and the side shot from the 4d I'd say the seat bottom flips forward and the seat back folds down with the headrest rotated to the vertical (when folded), hopefully flat. The fabric starp (upper right) releases the seat back to fold. It looks like there is a gap between seat halves, troubling when folded.

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My favorite pic of the two door:
02E5AAC4-A654-4639-ACAE-E8B2FE442D29.jpeg

I used to live among the camping gear back there enroute to one expedition or another.
Is it just me, or does the area I highlighted in green, look kind of like a retractable curtain that mounts to the top side rails - separating the cargo area from the cab?
Ford Bronco Rear seat and cargo area 02E5AAC4-A654-4639-ACAE-E8B2FE442D29

Becker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see what you mean, but just for aesthetics sake I'm sure they photo shopped them out. Weren't most of these images rendered anyway?
That’s what I was thinking too unfortunately

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is it just me, or does the area I highlighted in green, look kind of like a retractable curtain that mounts to the top side rails - separating the cargo area from the cab?
Ford Bronco Rear seat and cargo area 02E5AAC4-A654-4639-ACAE-E8B2FE442D29
Now that I look at it on a PC, that is not the interior of the back, that is gear on top of the roof rack with the rear portion of the roof on. Still looking for an interior rear space shot with seats folded down or removed. I guess this gives us some idea of how much room there could be anyway.

Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that I look at it on a PC, that is not the interior of the back, that is gear on top of the roof rack with the rear portion of the roof on. Still looking for an interior rear space shot with seats folded down or removed. I guess this gives us some idea of how much room there could be anyway.
Agree 100%, which is why I was thinking a partition that hangs from the top rail and extends to the rear seat foot-wells (assuming the seats are removed or laying flat). I'm making huge assumptions based on very little info. :)

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

See attached image from other thread. 4-door seats obviously fold flat and do not look removable. I would guess the same for the 2 door.
Ford Bronco Rear seat and cargo area 92E15C75-8873-490D-9C4A-48E40B70F71F

Becker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
See attached image from other thread. 4-door seats obviously fold flat and do not look removable. I would guess the same for the 2 door.
Ford Bronco Rear seat and cargo area 92E15C75-8873-490D-9C4A-48E40B70F71F
Ford Bronco Rear seat and cargo area 29AD5591-568A-4CDE-AB79-6D63D5327C6C
Picture of the four door with the flaps to fold flat and this description from the Black Diamond about the 2 door rear seats folding flat, I am somewhat optimistic. I still want to see a 2 door with the seats laid flat in a picture, preferably with a tape measure next to it.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree, inquiring minds want to know. :) I've been looking at the JL so I agree, if they are like that, and removable, that's an advantage to get them out of the way and have more room when not having passengers. But if they actually fold flat that would be fine and a bit more versatile.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree, inquiring minds want to know. :) I've been looking at the JL so I agree, if they are like that, and removable, that's an advantage to get them out of the way and have more room when not having passengers. But if they actually fold flat that would be fine and a bit more versatile.
Everything’s removable if you got the right tool. ?

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everything’s removable if you got the right tool. ?
I know, they were talking about being able to remove the roll bar and I was thinking sawzall... :)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I
It looks pretty good to me. Definitely better than a 2-door Wrangler.
Ford Bronco Rear seat and cargo area 29AD5591-568A-4CDE-AB79-6D63D5327C6C

Looks like an ARB fridge in the cargo area, which fits with room to spare. Those are about a foot wide.
Id say 18" at the top of the seatback to the gate.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a current Jeep JK 2-door owner who sold his rear seat on Day 3 of ownership (almost 10 years ago now) = "golf clap" to Ford for the fold flat rear seat!!!!
I was too chicken to sell it. But I did remove day 1. collected dust in garage until vehicle was sold. I've got my fingers crossed for this one too.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The forward legs of the rear seats are weird... And swept back.
I wonder if the back seats "double fold" forward and pack vertically behind the front seats....?
You think that would be something they'd wanna show ya.
I think they just go down to make room for the seatback to fold flat. Also looks like a great place to stash passengers personal junk.
Sponsored