Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I didn't see the response but can you ballpark the cost?
The carpet was from Lowes for 27 bucks and the wood around $60. I had some 1" square aluminum tubing I used to reenforce the front and 1/2 seal square solid stock to strengthen the middle. The hinge for the trapdoor $14. All said and done less than $120. I am waiting for the summer to cut the carpet around the trap door since we will have rain for the next 6 months.

This is just a resting in platform that is supported in the front on the foot wells with another two pieces of wood covered with the carpet and using the bolts that stick up, back of the lip by the door along with the two side seatbelt brackets on the sides. No wobble and almost press fit it.

Cheers,

HD

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you think it will fit my stretched kustom bike? With front wheel on it's a touch over 7' long . Don't want to have to use a roof-mounted rack and it barely fits on the Ranger super cab.

Stretched cruiser.jpg
They might if you cut them in half. :) If not, they probably would not fit unless sticking out the back.

Cheers,

HD

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is great set, exactly what I'm looking for if/when I ever get my 2dr. If possible post more pics from the underneath set up, would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored

BaseBroncoMike

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The carpet was from Lowes for 27 bucks and the wood around $60. I had some 1" square aluminum tubing I used to reenforce the front and 1/2 seal square solid stock to strengthen the middle. The hinge for the trapdoor $14. All said and done less than $120. I am waiting for the summer to cut the carpet around the trap door since we will have rain for the next 6 months.

This is just a resting in platform that is supported in the front on the foot wells with another two pieces of wood covered with the carpet and using the bolts that stick up, back of the lip by the door along with the two side seatbelt brackets on the sides. No wobble and almost press fit it.

Cheers,

HD
Looks great and thanks for sharing, again. :)

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great...would be awesome if somebody could make a detailed sketch of exact dimsions for all the plywood cuts and attach to this thread. It would get a lot of usage I bet!

Deleted member 21681

Looks like the only thing you wouldn’t be able to fit in there would be a second friend! Dunno if that’s typically an issue with you 2dr folks tho!

(I kid, I kid. Looks really great. Very nice work!)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Nice job! Looks great. I might have to copy. No plans for permanent riders in the back for me either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For me the tie downs are not needed, but you could add them any where on the deck.

Cheers,

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great...would be awesome if somebody could make a detailed sketch of exact dimsions for all the plywood cuts and attach to this thread. It would get a lot of usage I bet!
The challenge was the very front curves that go over the back seat foot wells needed to be sculpted or shaved on the bottom side of the boards as the side molding of the truck angles down and in. I did this with a sander by trial and error as I would remove some and place back in the truck, mark and shave again. I used cardboard to make a templet of the curves, then cut out the boards first, also by trial and error.

Cheers,

HD

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with your set up… Can you fit two mountain bikes in the back with the front wheels off?
I really don’t like the idea of having a 3 foot bike rack sticking out past the spare?
not if it’s a modern 29” mtn. Bike you would need around 60” to fit comfortably and possibly a dropper post.