Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done. I wanted to keep the rear seats just in case so I came up with a storage option without removing the back seats. The panels fold back allowing the rear seats to be used. Also included tie down rings and cabinet locks which lock the panels down using the built in tie down rods built into the rear seats

20220813_124626.jpg
Something close to this is what I've had planned.
Sponsored

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The two storage boxes are approximately the same height as the folded down rear seats which allow for the panels to lay flat on top.
There are some mods I'd make to it such as using invisable hinges rather than piano hinges but that's what I had. I might even split the two upper panels allowing you the option of using one rear seat or both.

Good luck with your build. It's was definitely worth the time.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The two storage boxes are approximately the same height as the folded down rear seats which allow for the panels to lay flat on top.
There are some mods I'd make to it such as using invisable hinges rather than piano hinges but that's what I had. I might even split the two upper panels allowing you the option of using one rear seat or both.

Good luck with your build. It's was definitely worth the time.
What storage boxes did you install? You set up looks great!

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nuked my back seats on my 2-Door and made a deck from wood to fit the contour. The deck fit just fine from the front to the back with out bolting down. Between the bolt tops, side seatbelt brackets and the rear tailgate lip it just fit level. Covered in a Lowes outdoor 5x7 rug cut down to fit. I have a working trapdoor that just needs just cut out that the carpet is still covering. Simple KISS design. Had to unbolt the speaker to get it through the back door.

Cheers,

HD
IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg
That's perfect.

NPS880

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What storage boxes did you install? You set up looks great!
I found them on Amazon. Sorry, I don't remember the manufacturer.

Sponsored
First Name
Jodi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 2D 2.3 mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nuked my back seats on my 2-Door and made a deck from wood to fit the contour. The deck fit just fine from the front to the back with out bolting down. Between the bolt tops, side seatbelt brackets and the rear tailgate lip it just fit level. Covered in a Lowes outdoor 5x7 rug cut down to fit. I have a working trapdoor that just needs just cut out that the carpet is still covering. Simple KISS design. Had to unbolt the speaker to get it through the back door.

Cheers,

HD
IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg
I've had your post bookmarked literally for years now...and now I have my Bronco! One more question for you (I didn't see it in any of the comments): what thickness plywood did you use?

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had your post bookmarked literally for years now...and now I have my Bronco! One more question for you (I didn't see it in any of the comments): what thickness plywood did you use?
I used 3/4 in wood.

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did detach the seatbelt from the seats and plug them back in to the wires (tucked back in under the boards) to keep the system from giving me a warning. Not to sure about the airbags. I did not know there were airbags for the rear seats.

Cheers,

HD
Weird, I just asked about this on another thread....
It looks like there is only 2 wires, has anyone tried just completing that circuit and remove the entire seat belt assembly? Wondering if a resistor or something is needed.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It looks like there is only 2 wires, has anyone tried just completing that circuit and remove the entire seat belt assembly? Wondering if a resistor or something is needed.
That question can probably be answered with a multimeter. Check resistance of the seat side connector......

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I messed around a bit and was going to try a resistor but with all the electronics in this car and it being 2 days old at the time I just pulled the female part off the seat and put it under the rubber mat. Works fine with no issues and there's plenty of room for them in there.

Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_8312

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in the middle of working on my seat delete, I checked the resistance of the connector at the plug on the seat itself and got 1420ish ohms. I also checked the resistance with the belt plugged into the buckle and it did not change, so it seems to be just a dumb circuit checking if the belt is there. Seems worth a shot to get a 1400 ohm resistor and see if it works, I would bet it would. I prefer not to remove the buckle and stuff under there also. To bad damn radio shack doesn't exist anymore I would try it out this weekend.

Last edited:

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the middle of working on my seat delete, I checked the resistance of the connector at the plug on the seat itself and got 1420ish ohms. I also checked the resistance with the belt plugged into the buckle and it did not change, so it seems to be just a dumb circuit checking if the belt is there. Seems worth a shot to get a 1400 ohm resistor and see if it works, I would bet it would. I prefer not to remove the buckle and stuff under there also. To bad damn radio shack doesn't exist anymore I would try it out this weekend.
Well now Im laughing. Literally 30 seconds ago I lamented the loss of Radio Shack as well. Not sure I have ever used the word lamented. lol
On this thread Bikeric is using a 2.4 ohm.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-to-2-door-rear-seat-removal.36971/#post-1826614

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well now Im laughing. Literally 30 seconds ago I lamented the loss of Radio Shack as well. Not sure I have ever used the word lamented. lol
On this thread Bikeric is using a 2.4 ohm.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-to-2-door-rear-seat-removal.36971/#post-1826614
Hah! Seriously there is no places locally to buy a damn 10 cent resistor anymore. @Bikeric used a 2.4 ohm resistor on the seat belt pretensioner plug harness since he deleted the belts it looks like. So 1.4kohm resistor to do a belt buckle plug bypass and 2.4ohm resistor to do a seat belt pretensioner bypass.

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hah! Seriously there is no places locally to buy a damn 10 cent resistor anymore. @Bikeric used a 2.4 ohm resistor on the seat belt pretensioner plug harness since he deleted the belts it looks like. So 1.4kohm resistor to do a belt buckle plug bypass and 2.4ohm resistor to do a seat belt pretensioner bypass.
Thanks for noticing that! I havent taken mine apart yet so was thinking that was the buckle. Im away from my Bronco, dreaming of my upcoming adventure to Moab. Trying to order some parts to arrive when I get back home.
Sponsored