First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, not sure as I don't mbike but the area is 43 inch wide at the back and 53 inches long to the front. The front is 50 plus inches wide. It looks like it would fit two bikes.

cheers,

HD
We ride 29ers so I am also interested in this. I do not have a Bronco yet so I did some rough math. My 29er is 75" long. Less 14.5" for half the front wheel is 60.5". Then I measured my bike without the front wheel on an angle. It was 61". (A 27.5 will be slightly smaller). Quoting Hippydrome, we can add another 10" pushing the passenger seat forward. So 53" + 10" = 63". My conclusion is that we can fit one bike inside (unless you are a extremely short driver). The other conclusion is that "it ain't gonna happen" given my wife and her bike will not be willing to ride on the roof carrier o_O Besides, I am on a different North Shore (different side of the country) so the bike is typically wet and muddy for 8 months a year.

The Bronco Sport advertises the ability to carry two mtb bikes. A quick google search says the rear in the Bronco Sport is 63". So that makes sense.

Bottom line is it will be unlikely to fit two full size bikes but I'm optimistic we can get one in if there is no front passenger. However, and this is a big however, in the summer time with the roof off, two bikes will fit nicely hanging over the tailgate (I'm doing a spare tire delete). Can't wait for this!

I'm hoping Steph @NorthShoreBronco (a different North Shore!) will make a video of all of this including the seat removal! I enjoy his videos. From North Shore to North Shore.

Thanks again to @Hippydrome for your post.

Cheers.
Sponsored

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did detach the seatbelt from the seats and plug them back in to the wires (tucked back in under the boards) to keep the system from giving me a warning. Not to sure about the airbags. I did not know there were airbags for the rear seats.

Cheers,

HD
Are you saying you removed the female seat belt receptacle from the base of the seat back and you tucked that underneath the false floor? The female seat belt part has a torx nut and spring clip attachment to the seat. Is that what you removed? Before I take the plastic housing off of the inside seat back base, I want to be sure that's what needs doing, LOL. Thanks!

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you saying you removed the female seat belt receptacle from the base of the seat back and you tucked that underneath the false floor? The female seat belt part has a torx nut and spring clip attachment to the seat. Is that what you removed? Before I take the plastic housing off of the inside seat back base, I want to be sure that's what needs doing, LOL. Thanks!
Yes, I took the front two snap round holders off and left the rear because you can rotate it up just enough to get to the Torx nut. Unscrewed the Torx and removed the female seatbelt part, put the spring back and reassembled. I guess that might be a pain in the butt if you are taking them in and out all the time. You do need one of those pop tools for removing the round retainers.

Cheers,

HD

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I took the front two snap round holders off and left the rear because you can rotate it up just enough to get to the Torx nut. Unscrewed the Torx and removed the female seatbelt part, put the spring back and reassembled. I guess that might be a pain in the butt if you are taking them in and out all the time. You do need one of those pop tools for removing the round retainers.

Cheers,

HD
Excellent - thanks for being the trailblazer! Just wanted to verify the level of effort, LOL.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, sure looks good, looks like it came from the factory that way. Now I assume you can also fit the doors back there if you take them off?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi, not sure as I don't mbike but the area is 43 inch wide at the back and 53 inches long to the front. The front is 50 plus inches wide. It looks like it would fit two bikes.

cheers,

HD
Do you think it will fit my stretched kustom bike? With front wheel on it's a touch over 7' long . Don't want to have to use a roof-mounted rack and it barely fits on the Ranger super cab.

Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door Stretched cruiser

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, I keep thinking about a rear seat delete on mine.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nuked my back seats on my 2-Door and made a deck from wood to fit the contour. The deck fit just fine from the front to the back with out bolting down. Between the bolt tops, side seatbelt brackets and the rear tailgate lip it just fit level. Covered in a Lowes outdoor 5x7 rug cut down to fit. I have a working trapdoor that just needs just cut out that the carpet is still covering. Simple KISS design. Had to unbolt the speaker to get it through the back door.

Cheers,

HD

I personally dont need or want this, but with that said u did an amazing job. This looks almost factory or at least high end aftermarket. Great job👍🏻👍🏻

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nuked my back seats on my 2-Door and made a deck from wood to fit the contour. The deck fit just fine from the front to the back with out bolting down. Between the bolt tops, side seatbelt brackets and the rear tailgate lip it just fit level. Covered in a Lowes outdoor 5x7 rug cut down to fit. I have a working trapdoor that just needs just cut out that the carpet is still covering. Simple KISS design. Had to unbolt the speaker to get it through the back door.

Cheers,

HD

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excellent work and certainly looks clean. I have to ask though, how much additional room do you get over just folding the rear seats flat? I'm a future 2-door owner but trying to get extra storage space our of a 2-door just seems like trying to get my teenager to say both please and thank you.

Or is this mostly for looks? Like I said, it looks great.

BaseBroncoMike

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Cheers,

HD

I didn't see the response but can you ballpark the cost?

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like it, I think it looks great. But I wonder about tie downs. Are you going to access the ones in the rear cargo area?

I made something somewhat similar so I could sleep in the back of my Subaru when out in the woods.
It folds right up and stows behind the seat.
Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_5038
Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_5033
Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_5034
Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_5037

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Excellent work and certainly looks clean. I have to ask though, how much additional room do you get over just folding the rear seats flat? I'm a future 2-door owner but trying to get extra storage space our of a 2-door just seems like trying to get my teenager to say both please and thank you.

Or is this mostly for looks? Like I said, it looks great.
Since the seats do not fold flat it feels like a ton of more room. I also have the wings in the front out to the side of the door, this makes it feel larger.

Cheers,

HD
Sponsored