First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OOoo. That is what I plan on doing. Well, probably one seat at least. From what I've read, it's not an overly complicated process, but some bolts do stick up from the frame. I want to see what Goosegear comes up with. A nice flat platform with extra storage and whatnot would be great.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m already planning for this. The key for me is to find a seat delete kit that doesnā€™t prevent me from storing the panels and doors in the back. The back seat and cargo area are going to be for dog and gear. Should lose a decent amount of weight from removing the seats. Hopefully more than the delete kit adds.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really interested in this as well. Pretty sure Iā€™m deleting the rears in my 2-door when it comes.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be studs sticking up from the floor with the seat removed. Someday when I get mine I'm going to make my own "delete" via a pullout platform similar to what goose gear does, but make it way better than they do for way cheaper.

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There will be studs sticking up from the floor with the seat removed. Someday when I get mine I'm going to make my own "delete" via a pullout platform similar to what goose gear does, but make it way better than they do for way cheaper.
Yup. More than likely Goose gear will use the existing bolts to mount their delete kit. Definitely better than trying to remove them.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cut off wheel!

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it will be several months before we really start seeing people ripping into their Broncos. Personally, my rear seats are coming out the first weekend I have it.

We know what the rear of the tub looks like, and know the studs are there. Thereā€™s really one way to level the rear (plywood, or starboard if youā€™re feeling spendy). And a few ways to deal with the studs.

1). Use them as mount points after you drop in your plywood if youā€™re building any kind of organization system in the back. This is my plan and I think theyā€™re actually an unintended gift from Ford that we already have pre placed mounting points.

2). Drop in your plywood and then cover the studs with some sort of sloping, rubberized polymer piece. Iā€™m envisioning either something cylindrical that sits on the studs or something that takes the shape of a field cone with sloping edges. This would be the solution if youā€™re looking to haul larger items in the back that youā€™ll be taking in and out.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached out to Goose Gear asking that exact question and they intend on making a rear seat delete for the 2 door. I canā€™t wait!

Below is the response I got:

1E4A29A7-7EFA-4E46-9596-F18C4FF2272B.jpeg

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is my plan and I think theyā€™re actually an unintended gift from Ford that we already have pre placed mounting points.
I look forward to following your progress, as I want to make my 2-door much more dog-friendly. Those studs look to be ~2" high; I'd hate to remove them and lose the ability to reinstall the seats.

Ford Bronco Rear seat delete on 2 door Bronco 1625757020357

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about a rigid foam board from HD? Could get that in 2ā€ thickness with no weight gain. Carpet one side and voila! Not sure if it would squeak, but itā€™s not expensive to try it out. I may explore it on my 2dr since I really donā€™t need the rear seats.
Sponsored