Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sneak peak from the thread linked above!!!
Ford Bronco Rear seat delete on 2 door Bronco 1629926636812
Seems silly, but this picture has me energized about my build. Something so cool about a 2 seat 4x4 with plenty of room and a fairly level surface to store gear in the back

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems silly, but this picture has me energized about my build. Something so cool about a 2 seat 4x4 with plenty of room and a fairly level surface to store gear in the back
Click the link in my post above. He added a floor to level it out.

Reactions: RG7

Sponsored

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For The Win - Try a rubber HORSE STALL MAT for the seat delete floor covering.

Horse Stall Mat

$49 - (3/4" x 6' x 4') in stock at most Tractor Supply stores

I have used these thick rubber horse stall mats for a lot of projects like work stations, truck and trailer beds. Just cut it down with a razor knife, maybe some recessed holes to lie flat on the seat bolts. No wet plywood, maybe remove all of the stupid stock carpet and not worry about the rain with the top down?

Super heavy duty (its made for horse stalls), water-proof recycled rubber, easily installed and removed, lift it up for access to rear storage space, smooth side or anti skid bumpy side, could be used for a tent base / camping mat. Only drawback is these things weigh around 90lbs so maybe 50lbs once its cut down. Maybe a thinner anti-fatigue mat if weight is an issue.

Somebody give this idea a try and post some pictures. I would but...Dirt Mountain.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Horse Stall Mat

I have used these thick rubber horse stall mats for a lot of projects like work stations, truck and trailer beds. Just cut it down with a razor knife, maybe some recessed holes to lie flat on the seat bolts. No wet plywood, maybe remove all of the stupid stock carpet and not worry about the rain with the top down?

Super heavy duty (its made for horse stalls), water-proof recycled rubber, easily installed and removed, lift it up for access to rear storage space, smooth side or anti skid bumpy side, could be used for a tent base / camping mat. Only drawback is these things weigh around 90lbs so maybe 50lbs once its cut down. Maybe a thinner anti-fatigue mat if weight is an issue.

Somebody give this idea a try and post some pictures. I would but...Dirt Mountain.
That's not a bad idea. This or a weightlifting mat for a home gym. I was thinking spraying plywood with linex.

Deleted member 12876

I think it will be several months before we really start seeing people ripping into their Broncos. Personally, my rear seats are coming out the first weekend I have it.

We know what the rear of the tub looks like, and know the studs are there. Thereā€™s really one way to level the rear (plywood, or starboard if youā€™re feeling spendy). And a few ways to deal with the studs.

1). Use them as mount points after you drop in your plywood if youā€™re building any kind of organization system in the back. This is my plan and I think theyā€™re actually an unintended gift from Ford that we already have pre placed mounting points.

2). Drop in your plywood and then cover the studs with some sort of sloping, rubberized polymer piece. Iā€™m envisioning either something cylindrical that sits on the studs or something that takes the shape of a field cone with sloping edges. This would be the solution if youā€™re looking to haul larger items in the back that youā€™ll be taking in and out.
Why donā€™t I just Router out some holes in the plywood to make room for the studs as a plywood lays on the floor

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could always cut them flush, drill, and tap for bolts instead?
Have to see one in person, to evaluate better
That's what I was thinking, maybe drill out for a nutsert. Could even install full thread bolts from underneath, if accessible.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Horse Stall Mat

Great idea my friend! Just like my bed mat in my truck. Really sweet if it's cut and fit snug.
Great short project as well.

klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anybody that's taken delivery looked into or actually done a rear seat delete on a 2 door? Search came up empty.
If keeping the rear seats, what about a removable, full platform set up to be used on TOP of the folded down back seats....it could provide storage ABOVE and BELOW.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Put the after pic in there too! šŸ˜… He fabbed up a level floor and carpeted it. Looks great.

Ford Bronco Rear seat delete on 2 door Bronco 1630007195394
This is pretty much what I would like to do, with some of the storage area underneath being dedicated to having lockable area under the false floor.

This looks really nice.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reached out to Goose Gear asking that exact question and they intend on making a rear seat delete for the 2 door. I canā€™t wait!

Below is the response I got:

Ford Bronco Rear seat delete on 2 door Bronco 1630007195394
Will someone just lone their 2 door to this guy to get it rolling?!!!!