First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be building some kind of rear seat delete with storage system when I finally get mine. Would like to somehow incorporate the slide out tailgate from the 4 door. Sure something could be figured out once the seats are out.

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it will be several months before we really start seeing people ripping into their Broncos. Personally, my rear seats are coming out the first weekend I have it.

We know what the rear of the tub looks like, and know the studs are there. There’s really one way to level the rear (plywood, or starboard if you’re feeling spendy). And a few ways to deal with the studs.

1). Use them as mount points after you drop in your plywood if you’re building any kind of organization system in the back. This is my plan and I think they’re actually an unintended gift from Ford that we already have pre placed mounting points.

2). Drop in your plywood and then cover the studs with some sort of sloping, rubberized polymer piece. I’m envisioning either something cylindrical that sits on the studs or something that takes the shape of a field cone with sloping edges. This would be the solution if you’re looking to haul larger items in the back that you’ll be taking in and out.
Taking my rear seats out as well , hopefully can bolt an L bracket on the existing studs and mount a nicely cut and carpeted piece of plywood .Then put a nice rubber mat or larger liner that fits good .

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be building some kind of rear seat delete with storage system when I finally get mine. Would like to somehow incorporate the slide out tailgate from the 4 door. Sure something could be figured out once the seats are out.
Yeh , I was thinking the same thing . I have a hanyman business , just another day at the office . Maybe extra below deck storage, slide out bed etc... just will have to see about door storage when they are off . If you make deck to high with drawer , doors won't fit , unless you do not plan on ever taking doors off .

Sponsored

audipwr1

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford and others
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have airbag warning from unplugging the seatbelt in rear - anyone have a parts list to plug that connector back in ans make warning go away?

justinbmcbride

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have airbag warning from unplugging the seatbelt in rear - anyone have a parts list to plug that connector back in ans make warning go away?
Same here. I’m looking for answers on this too. Hopefully soon.

audipwr1

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford and others
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plugged in the seat belt bracket and put it under the floor covering

works fine, not elegant though

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For The Win - Try a rubber HORSE STALL MAT for the seat delete floor covering.

Horse Stall Mat

$49 - (3/4" x 6' x 4') in stock at most Tractor Supply stores

I have used these thick rubber horse stall mats for a lot of projects like work stations, truck and trailer beds. Just cut it down with a razor knife, maybe some recessed holes to lie flat on the seat bolts. No wet plywood, maybe remove all of the stupid stock carpet and not worry about the rain with the top down?

Super heavy duty (its made for horse stalls), water-proof recycled rubber, easily installed and removed, lift it up for access to rear storage space, smooth side or anti skid bumpy side, could be used for a tent base / camping mat. Only drawback is these things weigh around 90lbs so maybe 50lbs once its cut down. Maybe a thinner anti-fatigue mat if weight is an issue.

Somebody give this idea a try and post some pictures. I would but...Dirt Mountain.
And utility knife‘s gonna cut that heavy stuff?
What about a jigsaw?

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone have 2D roast leather seats they’ve deleted? I would gladly buy, if the price is right
Sponsored