Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I actually did feel multiple detents in the lever when reclining the seats through the massive 1 1/2" arc of adjustment LOL.

I know this comes off as bashing, but I really do want to understand the design reasoning for limiting recline. I don't completely buy "so the doors will fit behind the seats." I can manage not crushing my cargo with my own seat without a mechanical stop there to limit my stupidity. There has to be some other explanation. From my armchair quarterback perspective, Increasing amount of recline seems like a no cost, no engineering needed way to instantly increase passenger comfort. Would love to know what I'm missing here. Maybe reclining further puts the seatback into a crossmember or something I didn't notice. I will definitely look at this closer at tomorrow's event in Baton Rouge.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was only able to adjust through two positions today, even after applying a bit of force.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't find the "button" to do this on a Base Big Ben..... then again.... it might not even be available on anything but the Leather Seats.....

So if someone is going to look at the Bronco today, please take a photo of this (to me) mystery button and ask if it's on All or just the Leather Seats.

Thanks!

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I actually did feel multiple detents in the lever when reclining the seats through the massive 1 1/2" arc of adjustment LOL.

I know this comes off as bashing, but I really do want to understand the design reasoning for limiting recline. I don't completely buy "so the doors will fit behind the seats." I can manage not crushing my cargo with my own seat without a mechanical stop there to limit my stupidity. There has to be some other explanation. From my armchair quarterback perspective, Increasing amount of recline seems like a no cost, no engineering needed way to instantly increase passenger comfort. Would love to know what I'm missing here. Maybe reclining further puts the seatback into a crossmember or something I didn't notice. I will definitely look at this closer at tomorrow's event in Baton Rouge.
It probably has to do with the soft top. Seats won't recline to a point where it would interfere or crush the top in a full down position.

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't find the "button" to do this on a Base Big Ben..... then again.... it might not even be available on anything but the Leather Seats.....

So if someone is going to look at the Bronco today, please take a photo of this (to me) mystery button and ask if it's on All or just the Leather Seats.

Thanks!
Its the lever up on the seat back. Same lever you pull to fold the seat down/forward allows it to recline.....a smidge.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a perception vs reality element to this. A little bit of recline can feel like a lot.

Either way, I don't really care as the average rider in the back seat will be under the age of 10, so who gives a F. They're just lucky I don't make them walk. <Insert loving father comment here>

zcadman

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Rubicon 2-dr. & 2010 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Where in Baton Rouge is a Bronco event? I would like to go. Is pre-registration required?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The back seats are a huge fail. They have a very upright position to begin with, and the “recline” is comical. Airplane seats recline more than these. Then add on the strange stadium seating thing going on, very awkward cramped second row.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats some airplane seating right there... ok leg room if youre short, tons of head room if youre tall, almost non-existent recline.
Sponsored