John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everything in new vehicles and commercial airliners is lighter, thinner, narrower in order to both lighten the vehicle but also to get all the other good stuff in there while meeting ever-stringent mileage/emissions laws. I think the design is clever and maximizes the available space in this size of vehicle.

I have owned F150 Sā€™crews since they first came out in 2000 which I bought for the cabin size and haulage area in the box. I hauled twin girls and a quiver of race skis across western Canada for years. I also hauled 5 grown men, our road race bikes (2 in the box, three in the trailer 1400kms from Calgary to Miller Motorsport Park (near Salt Lake City) for over a decade in total comfort. Point is, Iā€˜m not expecting that kind of functionality in the Bronco and Iā€™m surprised people seem to think a Wrangler-sized Bronco is going to do so.

It sounds like a good roof rack setup will handle most of your storage needs, and I hope you can make it work.

Otherwise, for many on this forum who are not happy with the Bronco interior, something like a Raptor may be the better choice for you.

my .02
Yup, its called "downsizing!" My goal was to compare the two eras of Bronco, and the design choices the engineers made. I agree that the new Bronco is very well done, and the complaints overdone. And i have gone through the comparative process re. the F150. For me, when i traded out of my second bronco in 1999, it was into a full size E150 Van! Now, there's less people to haul. The roofless Bronco will be a whole new experience!
Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While out of town recently, I rode around in the back of a buddyā€™s 90ā€™s Cherokee. He had forgotten to bring his rear seats. It was not luxuriously comfortable, but I made it.

Extreme example of course, but for people whining that a retro-syled off road beast has ONLY 1 inch of recline in the rear seats, or that the rear seat design is a #fail, this is all soooooo relative. šŸ˜…

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have some insight on this? Hope the 2Door backseats also reclineā€¦
Same here. It's not a huge deal, but if it's available, I'll take it...

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried this out at our local dealer event this week. As the tape measure showed, the change in angle is so negligible I donā€™t know why they bothered with the feature. Wonder if thereā€™s any way to mod it or change the stops?

That said, I found the seat more comfortable than I expected considering how upright it is. It had a softer cushion than my wifeā€™s Outback and at least in a quick 5 minute parked sit I wouldnā€™t groan much about riding back there.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice comparison with the far seat.

Additionally, my understanding is there are actually 3 positions possible...

Rear seat recline 4 door.png
Yes:
1. back hurt
2. back hurter
3. back hurtest

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a perception vs reality element to this. A little bit of recline can feel like a lot.

Either way, I don't really care as the average rider in the back seat will be under the age of 10, so who gives a F. They're just lucky I don't make them walk. <Insert loving father comment here>
The Escape is like this. Between upright and reclined is probably the same 2". I always leave the seats in the most reclined position (ours has only two locations). I've never needed to maximize cargo space by making the seats more upright. If something isn't going to fit with the seats back, I likely need to fold them completely forward.

But you are right, that little bit of recline is the difference between feeling forced to sit completely straight and feeling more relaxed.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so they recline on the Bronco is comparable to the Escape? and the Wrangler? Is that the consensus?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No cupholders, no recline, no rear AC.

Good job, good effort.
To be fair, it would have to be a longer car to have roomier seats, and i think Ford has done a good job on the rear given the size of the vehicle. The FRONT seats are great, and thats all i want. Back seat is for occasional use. If that's not enough for me, I should keep my F150 Crew.

Cupholders: my OBX Leather has them, because i got the power seats, for better adjustment as a tall 6'5".

Rear AC: there is rear AC, its just in the floor. A design compromise I'll live with since back not used much. Also, its a small car, and the Front AC should cool the groceries on the rear seat just fine.

We're all having a good time obsessing over details of a car I've only seen once, for one hour, and never driven! You could say we're all a bit crazy for ordering a car we've never driven and barely owned! Im sure it will be fun to have once it arrives, for all of us. I expect, the car will hold its value well if i end up wanting to replace it in time. Maybe, a battery or Hybrid model . . . A Bronco XL?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you think that's a huge fail, have you seen the 3rd row seats?! Ford really screwed the pooch on that. Not sure how they expect me to travel with 7 people in comfort in the Bronco. Complete fail. Considering how important 3rd rows are to people, its incredible they basically just phoned it in on the Bronco.... it's like they had their priorities all wrong.
Ha, I thought you were a little less fanboi than most around here. I will always call it how I see it. Once people actually spend some real world time in these things without the excitement of seeing one for the first time, there will be more complaints on various things. Noting is perfect, including this Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The back seats are a huge fail. They have a very upright position to begin with, and the ā€œreclineā€ is comical. Airplane seats recline more than these. Then add on the strange stadium seating thing going on, very awkward cramped second row.
My 10 yo daughter who is 5'5" and 14 yo son 5'2" (dont laugh) said that the back seat isn bad at all. My wife has a Yukon xl.,I had a 15 F150 sc till last November and they said it was as comfortable. My 25 yo who is 6' fit and wasn't to bad for a day trip not a vacation.
You are not buying luxury you are buying capable,topless and door less

MasonPaul

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander and BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well guys looks like someone needs to figure out a work around for the rear seat reclineā€¦ā€¦.please. šŸ˜‚

I have a couple of big people I need to squeeze back there.

QUOTE="Badlands_nola, post: 583801, member: 20953"]
Here is a picture with and without recline of the rear seats.

2021 Bronco rear seat recline angle.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a perception vs reality element to this. A little bit of recline can feel like a lot.

Either way, I don't really care as the average rider in the back seat will be under the age of 10, so who gives a F. They're just lucky I don't make them walk. <Insert loving father comment here>
Kids dont walk anymore they will just pull out their 800.00 phone you bought them and call uber.
Sponsored