Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the 2 Door, the 50/50 rear seats; are they separate seats to where one could be totally removed or are they connected to each other??? Also, if one or both of these rear seats are removed; is the entire area (cargo area - now expanded) now flat, at the same level??? I want to remove one rear seat so as to place a dog crate in the rear lengthways. Thank you. Photo for reference only:
Ford Bronco Rear Seats 2 Door:  Are the Separate or Connected 1613336722700
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a 50/50 split, and you can likely remove one while leaving the other alone. I know people do something like this on four door Wranglers quite a bit.

The floor is not flat on the two door. There will be a dip into the backseat footwells compared to the cargo floor. You might be better off (height permitting) building a platform in the cargo area to level things out and put the dog crate on top of that. Then you can remove it and still use your back seats with less work.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have an answer for you about removing one half of the rear seat, but I believe it was confirmed from pictures that the rear seats are mounted on studs that come out of the floor.

This could cause some issues with placing a crate back there.

I'm definitely hoping that we can remove half of the seats for similar reasons. The 4 door is a 60/40 split. I was hoping to remove the 60% to make room for the dogs and leave the 40% for a child car seat.

Hopefully someone can dig up the picture I'm talking about. If I find it I will edit this post and add it.

EDIT:

Here is the picture showing the studs from this thread:

Ford Bronco Rear Seats 2 Door:  Are the Separate or Connected 2021 Bronco parts wiring 1
Sponsored

Last edited: