Sponsored

Rear size question on 4 door - with seats folded down - and headrests tipped back < 6 feet

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi everyone,

I did not notice this before - until @Toccoa put up a picture today for another reference. The picture is below.

Here is my issue, regarding the 4 door - what is the length of the cargo compartment when the seats are folded down like in the picture below?
What is the distance between the flipped back headrest to the tailgate? I regularly carry a long farmers market tent and need to make sure it will fit straight from the tailgate to the flipped back headrest. I was thinking at the worst case I can move the passenger seat forward and have more room - but it appears by this photo I am still limited with the headrest being flipped back. I recall seeing the distance from the tailgate to the back of the front seat was 6 feet. Does this mean it is 6 feet minus the seat bottom and minus the headrest?

(I know this is a 2 door - but using the picture as a reference, I imagine the seats fold the same way and rob a similar amount of space.)

Ford Bronco Rear size question on 4 door - with seats folded down - and headrests tipped back < 6 feet 1621025952919
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can remove the headrests for those few inches more. Yes, then you can move the seat forward for more room.

Ford Bronco Rear size question on 4 door - with seats folded down - and headrests tipped back < 6 feet EdzeGlAUcAA5zj_

I've read it's approx six and a half feet from inside of tailgate to front seatbacks.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a precise measurement, but I’m 6’ tall and felt pretty comfy back there. The driver seat was pretty far back too. I likely could have adjusted stuff more to stretch out more completely, but I accomplished what I set out to in this busy setting by determining that I’d be able to sleep comfortably in the back of a 4 door. I look forward to seeing exactly how fetal I’ll need to go in order to sleep in my 2 door lol (If I can manage in a Challenger I’m sure I’ll be ok in any Bronco and also I own a tent).

0F4D161E-98A2-4AC2-ABE4-CC3ECB952AF7.jpeg

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model