First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking of installing a rear sway bar for my bronco. Black diamond -non Sasquatch.
has anyone done it and any recommendations

thanks
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only option I have seen for a rear sway bar is the factory one. @flip can help with the part number. I haven't looked closely at one to see how it mounts and if it is easily adaptable to non-squatch Broncos.

Edit. Now that I think some more about it I am not sure the rear sway bar is limited to squatch Broncos but I do think it was new for 22. I know my 21 BL non-squatch doesn't have one.

And if you truly meant a disconnect for the front I think there is only one option and I can't recall the brand right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
assume you mean disconnect. search forum, lots of options.
assume you mean disconnect. search forum, lots of options.
I don’t mean sway bar disconnect. That is a different thing. I mean Rear Sway Bar.

for non sas broncos you have sway bar/anti roll bar in front and none in the rear. I am looking for some input from people who have plans to do it.

OP
OP

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only option I have seen for a rear sway bar is the factory one. @flip can help with the part number. I haven't looked closely at one to see how it mounts and if it is easily adaptable to non-squatch Broncos.

Edit. Now that I think some more about it I am not sure the rear sway bar is limited to squatch Broncos but I do think it was new for 22. I know my 21 BL non-squatch doesn't have one.

And if you truly meant a disconnect for the front I think there is only one option and I can't recall the brand right now.
Rear sway bars are limited to Sasquatch packages for 2022. Non sas badlands don’t have. . 2021 model year- none had it. One thing I know is rear axle is prepped for putting the sway bar. I am wondering, if rear sway bar found in Sasquatch package can fit in and not affect the overall suspension

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't really need it unless you are trying to control body roll. Since the Sasquatch package has a higher center a gravity I can understand why they added it with the Sasquatch package... but, honestly, it's not really required.

But if you want to add it... parts list:
  • (1) NB3Z-5A772-A - Sway bar itself
  • (2) NB3Z-5C486-A - Sway bar Links
  • (2) NB3Z-5486-A - Retainers
  • (4) W712045-S439 - M10 x 32mm bolts
  • (4) W712334-S440 - M10 nut
  • (4) W721710-S450 - M10 nut cap
  • (4) W712503-S440 - M12 x 1.25mm nuts
Comes out to be roughly $550 last I checked.

EDIT— Corrected quantities... basic arithmetic is hard sometimes. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't really need it unless you are trying to control body roll. Since the Sasquatch package has a higher center a gravity I can understand why they added it with the Sasquatch package... but, honestly, it's not really required.

But if you want to add it... parts list:
  • (1) NB3Z-5A772-A - Sway bar itself
  • (2) NB3Z-5C486-A - Sway bar Links
  • (2) NB3Z-5486-A - Retainers
  • (4) W712045-S439 - M10 x 32mm bolts
  • (4) W712334-S440 - M10 nut
  • (4) W721710-S450 - M10 nut cap
  • (4) W712503-S440 - M12 x 1.25mm nuts
Comes out to be roughly $550 last I checked.

EDIT— Corrected quantities... basic arithmetic is hard sometimes. :cool:
Thank you. I get body roll when I am driving around corners. I don’t like that unsettling feeling. Half of that is also in the mind. Seems like problem from driving vehicles with low clearance. 😊
so you think that same Sasquatch parts can go in a non Sasquatch one too. Do you foresee any issues?Are those parts available at dealerships ?

OP
OP

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also any torque specs that I need to pay attention?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. I get body roll when I am driving around corners. I don’t like that unsettling feeling. Half of that is also in the mind. Seems like problem from driving vehicles with low clearance. 😊
so you think that same Sasquatch parts can go in a non Sasquatch one too. Do you foresee any issues?Are those parts available at dealerships ?
Also any torque specs that I need to pay attention?
Maaayybbbbeee??

I would need to see the axle and the frame between the axle and the suspension arm mount to say for sure. (My assumption is it would work on all 2022MY 4-door Broncos. Beyond that, not sure.)

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What year do you have? My ‘21 does not have the mounts on the frame for a rear sway bar. My wife’s ‘22 has the mounts on the frame but non sas no bar. I would check before you order parts.

OP
OP

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What year do you have? My ‘21 does not have the mounts on the frame for a rear sway bar. My wife’s ‘22 has the mounts on the frame but non sas no bar. I would check before you order parts.
I have a 2022. It has mounts

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t mean sway bar disconnect. That is a different thing. I mean Rear Sway Bar.

for non sas broncos you have sway bar/anti roll bar in front and none in the rear. I am looking for some input from people who have plans to do it.
I’m pretty sure you’re in the minority trying to install another sway bar. Thing is incredibly stable even without any sway bar, for being a lifted brick.

You can install the OEM one but you might run into an issue of not having the mounting threads, which you can drill out for. If you’re near California, you could also go aftermarket and take your bronco to rock jock’s shop, have them give us a front and rear solution of their anti rock for the Bronco. They’d be more than willing if they’re not too busy.

Brocky

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am thinking of installing a rear sway bar for my bronco. Black diamond -non Sasquatch.
has anyone done it and any recommendations

thanks
Getting ready to add on 22 BB. All mounts are there. Easy to do. Don’t pay attention to people that you don’t need a rear sway bar blah blah. Rear sway bars are a common item especially on the Jeep. I will be towing a camper and I want a rear sway bar period. The guys part list is correct except don’t need
NB3Z-5486-A - Retainers. Retainers come with the bar. The 4 cap nuts required are back ordered, but I found at dealer in New York.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how would I get those mounts retrofitted?
Sponsored