Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Challenger (on a 12yr+ platform) has vents for the rear seats ... it’s pretty unacceptable that a modern vehicle - especially with a cabin space as large as the Bronco - has no such provisions.

Under seat venting means that the heat will work ok but to get cool air to the back you’ll have to put the cold air to the floor vents.

LOL - this - is dumb.

JK
I always run my a/c on floor and face setting ??. Like that in all my vehicles.
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, I know this has been discussed because I remember seeing it but I wasn't having luck finding threads about it using the search function.

What will the air conditioning be like for the rear seats?

My current build will be Black Diamond with the Mid Package. Ford's website didn't specify and with there being no official pictures of the interior released, I'm scratching my head. It's not a deal breaker obviously, but I have young ones that will ride back there and it gets hot/humid where I live.

Cheers

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Better than nothing.

Thanks!
Wish it was in the center console like my F-150, but most of the time those get closed by the kids...can always point the middle front vents straight back for more airflow

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the rear seat air conditioning falls under either a 2-70 or 4-70 system. Could be a TO-70 tho for extreme situations.

(2 or 4 windows down, 70 mph. Top off at the same speed for max cooling.)

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Under the seat on the 4 door. Nothing on the two door.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ran across this article about the rear A/C vents, not much here, but at least wanted to share. Courtesy of fordauthority.

Here’s Why The 2021 Ford Bronco Doesn’t Have Rear Seat Console A/C Vents

Shortly after the 2021 Ford Bronco was revealed in July, we noticed something in particular that was missing – air conditioning vents in the rear seat console. While this is where most vehicles house A/C vents for rear seat passengers, Ford engineers instead chose to place those vents underneath the front seats in four-door Ford Bronco models, while the two-door Bronco has no rear passenger area vents at all.

Now, we finally know why Ford chose to go with this unorthodox rear A/C vent placement. “It gets down to package constraints,” Bronco Chief Engineer, Eric Loeffler explained to Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in an interview. “Can we fit all that in the second row and can we fit it in a way that we also have the space we need in the front? Though there are no A/C vents in the center console – but there are vents underneath the seats.”

he decision to place the rear seat A/C vents in the floor has drawn some criticism from those who are worried that they won’t be sufficient to keep passengers cool. There are also no rear HVAC controls in the Bronco, so back seat passengers aren’t able to control the temperature or fan speed. However, the Bronco Sport does have rear A/C vents located in the rear of the center console, though it also lacks controls for the HVAC in the rear.

Another problem that could arise from this vent placement is that when owners go to hose out the floors in their Bronco after hitting the trails sans-doors, the water could get into the floor-mounted vents. But we won’t know if these potential problems are actually problems until 2021 Ford Bronco deliveries begin next June.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look what I found!

explain to me what space is lost? According to the engineers

IMO these cocksuckers are holding off on adding rear ac for a model refresh. They would lose zero room in the center console. It’s already boxed out (to accomodate hinges) but regardless theres a big hollow cavity that could easily fit AC hoses in the future. Not only that but the rear console is already shaped to have AC vents at the top, where it says ‘NO STEP’ so they don’t even need to change the mold of the console. And why does it say no step? Because there’s a hollow cavity in there...for the future ac...

Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats CE400602-ABE2-4900-AAF6-24C38F32F47C

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe that one was reaching. But more importantly what about the boxed out cavity? They have enough space to run ac

JackAndKoke24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife's 2013 Escape even has rear "face" ac vents in the center console. The center storage is deep too. So I don't see how it can be hard to engineer for the bronco. I don't need a super deep center console.
Sponsored