First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My buddy has a GMC Sierra where the rear view mirror also has a video screen in it and can switch back and forth between being a video screen that’s showing what’s behind the camera and a regular rear view mirror.

2 questions on that front,

1 does Ford have a corresponding option on their vehicles, say F150?

2 If so, what are the odds of retrofitting one to a bronco?

seems like it would be the perfect solution to the issue of the soft top blocking the rear view mirror when it’s in the fully retracted position.
Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy has a GMC Sierra where the rear view mirror also has a video screen in it and can switch back and forth between being a video screen that’s showing what’s behind the camera and a regular rear view mirror.

seems like it would be the perfect solution to the issue of the soft top blocking the rear view mirror when it’s in the fully retracted position.
Is the mirror image on all the time on the GMC? If only on when in reverse I would think the backup camera would suffice for rear view that you need.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The C8 Vette and Ram TRX also have them, can be on all the time.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been interested with these rearview mirror cameras for a while now. I've been looking into this 1 from Brandmotion that fits on a Wrangler. I emailed the company several months ago and they responded that they were prototyping a camera mount that will fit the 6 lug bolt pattern on the Bronco and hoped to have it ready by SEMA. If anybody has used 1 of these on a Wrangler I would love to hear your opinions on it. It's currently listed for $385 on Crutchfield.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ypsx7...HN4SzhccWOT1XIUITuB2eBPsz2giz5kBoCgc8QAvD_BwE

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My buddy has a GMC Sierra where the rear view mirror also has a video screen in it and can switch back and forth between being a video screen that’s showing what’s behind the camera and a regular rear view mirror. It just slides over the current rear view mirror and you just have to run the wires which was easy

I have this one. Works great and comes with a rear view camera and the the mirror has a front dashcam built in. I can always see what's behind me since it comes with a rear camera. Even when driving. It's also always recording so it acts as a front and rear dash cam incase anyone hits me from behind. The vid quality is good too. You can 4k front only or split 2k front 2k back. I didn't bother connecting it to the rear light to use as a back up camera since I already have that with the bronco.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08P4564VP/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco Rear view camera mirror A39E4909-C1D2-4F7A-8A41-3EFDB3EADC1A

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have it on my blazer and use it when visibility is impacted. Works well. It would be cool for the Bronco.

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this one. Works great and comes with a rear view camera and the the mirror has a front dashcam built in. I can always see what's behind me since it comes with a rear camera. Even when driving. It's also always recording so it acts as a front and rear dash cam incase anyone hits me from behind. The vid quality is good too. You can 4k front only or split 2k front 2k back. I didn't bother connecting it to the rear light to use as a back up camera since I already have that with the bronco.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08P4564VP/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco Rear view camera mirror A39E4909-C1D2-4F7A-8A41-3EFDB3EADC1A
Do you have a hard top or soft?

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a want for me too. It would be nice if a company would make a camera housing that would fit on the top of the 3rd brake light or mold a new 3rd brake light housing that would hold the camera and the OE brake light.

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been interested with these rearview mirror cameras for a while now. I've been looking into this 1 from Brandmotion that fits on a Wrangler. I emailed the company several months ago and they responded that they were prototyping a camera mount that will fit the 6 lug bolt pattern on the Bronco and hoped to have it ready by SEMA. If anybody has used 1 of these on a Wrangler I would love to hear your opinions on it. It's currently listed for $385 on Crutchfield.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ypsx7...HN4SzhccWOT1XIUITuB2eBPsz2giz5kBoCgc8QAvD_BwE
That looks like an interesting option. I love crutchfield too, been shopping with them for probably 30 years now. The only catch is when their prices are just outrageous compared to other places. I don’t mind paying a 1% premium or something like that to support them, but in some cases it’s a bit ridiculous….
Brandmotion FVMR-8876 FullVUE Rear Camera Mirror for 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0851VXSYN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8PDJPK3NRN30N212WSCX
Same thing looks like it’s only $150 on Amazon.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks like an interesting option. I love crutchfield too, been shopping with them for probably 30 years now. The only catch is when their prices are just outrageous compared to other places. I don’t mind paying a 1% premium or something like that to support them, but in some cases it’s a bit ridiculous….
Brandmotion FVMR-8876 FullVUE Rear Camera Mirror for 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0851VXSYN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8PDJPK3NRN30N212WSCX
Same thing looks like it’s only $150 on Amazon.
Even better. Thanks stm378.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I rented a Suburban with that feature and mostly hated it. It's fantastic when your cargo area is fully loaded, and limits how bright highbeams behind you can be, but had several downsides.

1) When in regular 'mirror' mode, it couldn't articulate enough to function as an actual mirror
2) It's disconcerting when you move your head but the view doesn't change.
3) The camera is on the rear tailgate by the handle. Guaranteed useless during winter unless you wash it every 5 minutes.
4) I'm used to using the mirror to check my hair/eyes/overall appearance.

Attached is the mirror adjusted as high as it will go in 'regular mirror' mode, with my camera at my eyeline in a comfortable seating position. Half the view is the third row seats. Completely useless.
Worse, the lanekeeping/adaptive cruise was broken. I'm guessing somebody else tried adjusting the mirror and tweaked the forward camera in the process, ruining calibration.

If Ford does something like this, hopefully they don't botch it like GM does.

Ford Bronco Rear view camera mirror 202232230_10158480503512169_695959428575021143_n

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why have the rear camera view in your mirror when you have the rear camera view on the 8” or 12” display? Am I missing something?

On my F150, I have the front, side mirror, tailgate rear camera & rear camera on my trailer when Im towing that display on my sync screen and I can switch cameras manually if needed.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was trying to think of a low-tech fix. But It's only valid in my head since I haven't seen a Bronco to better visualize it. Since the view is blocked by the stop top when it is down, that means you could place a mirror where the roof would be. I imagine it would be awkward, but might work in a pinch? I'm not great at explaining how I picture things... 😂

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2010 F150 has the backup camera video in the rear view mirror, thought it's smaller. I added it to my XLT by buying a rear view mirror off ebay and the backup camera and tailgate handle off a superduty. The superduty handle used to fit F150 tailgates.

F150_backup_camera_18.jpg

F150_backup_camera_03.jpg

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rented a Suburban with that feature and mostly hated it. It's fantastic when your cargo area is fully loaded, and limits how bright highbeams behind you can be, but had several downsides.

1) When in regular 'mirror' mode, it couldn't articulate enough to function as an actual mirror
2) It's disconcerting when you move your head but the view doesn't change.
3) The camera is on the rear tailgate by the handle. Guaranteed useless during winter unless you wash it every 5 minutes.
4) I'm used to using the mirror to check my hair/eyes/overall appearance.

Attached is the mirror adjusted as high as it will go in 'regular mirror' mode, with my camera at my eyeline in a comfortable seating position. Half the view is the third row seats. Completely useless.
Worse, the lanekeeping/adaptive cruise was broken. I'm guessing somebody else tried adjusting the mirror and tweaked the forward camera in the process, ruining calibration.

If Ford does something like this, hopefully they don't botch it like GM does.

Ford Bronco Rear view camera mirror F150_backup_camera_03
I don't know, those are definitely good points, I'll always grade on a curve with a rental though. There's always a pretty good chance that some of those things worked fine when they left the factory and were ruined by a renter who didn't know what they were doing somewhere along the line.
Sponsored