Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the limited visibility due to the rear spare and likely things in the cargo hold blocking view, I think adding a rear view mirror with display would be an excellent upgrade. Cadillac and others have offered this feature and you can get these mirrors in the aftermarket.

The mirror linked above comes with some kind of window mount but not sure that would be ideal for removing the top. I suppose you could route the wiring to where the washer tubes connect/disconnect and put a connector there... I think some kind of add-on housing attached to the top of the 3rd brake light housing or a replacement 3rd brake light assembly with camera integrated into the lens would be a great place to put the cam instead.

Obviously, its too early to know if I'll even need something like this but this might be something I'd add if needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just a thought
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you want to see back there so badly? lol

Vans, Semi's, Sprinters....no can do. Unless you have a camera. Look out the windshield, that's where you're going.

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you want to see back there so badly? lol

Vans, Semi's, Sprinters....no can do. Unless you have a camera. Look out the windshield, that's where you're going.

I'm always watching my mirrors. I was always taught to be a defensive driver. With distracted driving running rampant, it's even more important to pay attention to what others are doing around you.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm always watching my mirrors. I was always taught to be a defensive driver. With distracted driving running rampant, it's even more important to pay attention to what others are doing around you.
Yeah, I know....I was kinda kidding. But many vehicles have no rear view at all and they get along just fine. It's much like all the folks freaking out about ordering a soft top but NOT getting gasp, a rear window washer and a 6" wiper. Really.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why not use the 360° camera built into the vehicle

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I know....I was kinda kidding. But many vehicles have no rear view at all and they get along just fine. It's much like all the folks freaking out about ordering a soft top but NOT getting gasp, a rear window washer and a 6" wiper. Really.

Right, I get it. All I'm saying is if rear view is non-existent in my use case, I will likely add something like this so I can see what is happening back there.

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I dont think its an option while driving highway speed is it?
I believe it's depending on which goat mode your in, but I do think you can activate it at any time.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it's depending on which goat mode your in, but I do think you can activate it at any time.
My f150 wont let you use the rear camera unless you're in reverse. The side and front cameras cant be used unless your below like 5mph. I've seen a video of the bronco using its front camera at speeds higher than that but I highly doubt you can use the rear while not in reverse.

Sponsored

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're both looking for the same product but for two different reasons 🤣.

Let me introduce you to this beauty:
Ford Bronco Rear View Mirror with Display 71dc7UmapcL._AC_SL1500_

(Amazon Link)

It gives you the rearview live feed that you are looking for but also adds front and back recorded dashcam footage, and all for a MUCH cheaper price tag.

It also simply clips onto the existing rearview mirror so easier install.

Check out my previous post for some measurements and close up images of the rearview mirror location: Mirror Post

Cheers.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford needs to allow the reverse camera while driving forward.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you can "mod" the vehicle software to allow you to keep the rearview camera on while driving. Same way you can permanently disable the start stop with software adjustments. Don't quote me though, my experience is with Audi/VW software, not the same.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you can "mod" the vehicle software to allow you to keep the rearview camera on while driving. Same way you can permanently disable the start stop with software adjustments. Don't quote me though, my experience is with Audi/VW software, not the same.
You can, I added a mod to my RV that allows the rear camera to operate while driving, lets me watch the towed vehicle or bike rack for problems, also lets me know when I am clear of any car or truck I am passing. In my case it was a simple powered switch to the backup lights sensor wire on the control head. Not sure how the camera in the Bronco works but most just sense power to the backup lights. I do believe I read somewhere or watched a clip where there was an option to turn on the backup camera while driving forward.

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're both looking for the same product but for two different reasons 🤣.

Let me introduce you to this beauty:
Ford Bronco Rear View Mirror with Display 71dc7UmapcL._AC_SL1500_

(Amazon Link)

It gives you the rearview live feed that you are looking for but also adds front and back recorded dashcam footage, and all for a MUCH cheaper price tag.

It also simply clips onto the existing rearview mirror so easier install.

Check out my previous post for some measurements and close up images of the rearview mirror location: Mirror Post

Cheers.

With that sensor on the mirror, I dont know If the option I posted would work. Looks like the OE mirror might need to stay depending on what that sensor is. This one would be a good option~
thanks for sharing
Sponsored