First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I've come to accept the fact that with the soft top all of the way down I'm not going to be able to see out of the back, but I've seen a couple of solutions like this one at Crutchfield... Brandmotion FVMR-1120 FullVUE™ replacement rear-view mirror/monitor with rear-view camera for select 2021-up Ford Bronco vehicles at Crutchfield

I'm not quite sure that I want to swap out my rear view for the relatively limited times when I'll be driving with the top all the way back. My question is, has anyone used one of those wireless rear view camera systems to make this work (maybe on an Aux wire for the camera so it's not on all of the time)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well the bronco does appear to be their poster child there lol
Ford Bronco Rear view with soft top down 1647626529927
Yep it was probably built with the Bronco in mind, but $500 is a tough pill to swallow when they've got those other ones with the screens for only $100 or so.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You could, but if you live in an area that is sunny (causing you to have the top down), the glare could make it not as effective as using the side mirrors.
If you don't want to permanently swap out your rear view camera, just look at other remote camera options for travel trailers. Same thing as this, and most have a separate viewing monitor of various sizes that you just suction cup to your windshield when using.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife’s blazer came with the camera view mirror we thought eh who needs that. Now we use it everyday. They are awesome. Kids in the back doesn’t matter, rear ends stuffed full don’t matter even just not seeing the headrest of the back seat is nice. I wish it could tie into the existing bronco camera tho.

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose that brings about question 2, it seems like there's a camera at the top of the rear view mirror itself (there's a small oval that's a different shade than the rest of the mirror), anyone else know what that is?

Deleted member 32220

I like the full vue option, it can be installed and not look like a Frankenstein setup

Deleted member 32220

I suppose that brings about question 2, it seems like there's a camera at the top of the rear view mirror itself (there's a small oval that's a different shade than the rest of the mirror), anyone else know what that is?
It is the auto dimming sensor, newer mirrors have obscured this opening but it is still there. There is an ambient light sensor on the forward facing part of the mirror, and the light sensor for the headlights coming up behind you to dim it down.

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I've come to accept the fact that with the soft top all of the way down I'm not going to be able to see out of the back, but I've seen a couple of solutions like this one at Crutchfield... Brandmotion FVMR-1120 FullVUE™ replacement rear-view mirror/monitor with rear-view camera for select 2021-up Ford Bronco vehicles at Crutchfield

I'm not quite sure that I want to swap out my rear view for the relatively limited times when I'll be driving with the top all the way back. My question is, has anyone used one of those wireless rear view camera systems to make this work (maybe on an Aux wire for the camera so it's not on all of the time)?
I’ve been looking at getting the Brandmotion as well. I believe it can actually toggle between regular mirror and the rear camera view. That’s what I like about it as rear cameras tend to get dirty in bad weather.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep it was probably built with the Bronco in mind, but $500 is a tough pill to swallow when they've got those other ones with the screens for only $100 or so.
A well used phrase comes to mind : "You get what you pay for."

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or just use your side mirrors?

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of several reasons I’m swapping out the stock soft top for the Bestop Trektop. Works differently. It does have a much better rear view.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just had the Brandmotion FullVUE mirror installed yesterday. It takes a little betting used to. It doesn't seem to get as bright as real life, and turning it off doesn't really yield an actual mirror, that I can tell anyway. Other than that it's great! The field of view is very wide, so no blind spot at all.
Sponsored