Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

security camera from my work, I wasn’t believing it either until I saw the footage 😂
You’re lucky about being able to watch it I guess - better than finding it and never knowing what happened? Good luck on ford helping out for the warranty. Hope you have a speedy resolution! :)
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wow....just shattered the glass. feels like something had to have hit it and weakened it, but damn. That's crazy dude. I don't see Ford doing warranty on this, but the video will surely help your cause with insurance, minus deductible.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’d still say something hit it being propelled by the wind. Doesn’t mean it ends up inside. The glass is always under stress because it is tempered.

“ Tempered glass is both physically and thermally stronger than conventional glass. As previously mentioned, tempered glass is treated to create exterior and interior stress in the material. The compressive surface stress of tempered glass is balanced by the tensile stress in the body.”

A high force in a small area can easily break it.

OP
OP
7spdbadlands

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something else going on here, otherwise windows would be blowing out every time someone drove on the highway.
You can literally see the glass flexing, and the initial failure point at the top right corner by the hinge 🤦‍♂️ Going 70+ on the highway doesn’t create forward pressure on a rear facing window…

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously, there is an envious employee at your place of work who wishes they had a Bronco, and they posses mind powers that can move objects. Find out who this bastard is and deal with them as you see fit. Be warned, you first need to understand the ways of telepathy before you proceed.

OP
OP
7spdbadlands

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously, there is an envious employee at your place of work who wishes they had a Bronco, and they posses mind powers that can move objects. Find out who this bastard is and deal with them as you see fit. Be warned, you first need to understand the ways of telepathy before you proceed.
Maybe that gladiator in the back of the parking lot had something to do with it 😂

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its in the opening comment
My bad, it wasn't loading for me but I finally saw it. Those trees in the background were MOVING!

They made the rear window as thin as possible to keep the weight down. But a design flaw? No. Weather related insurance claim. Not sure why anyone would think any differently.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like it even scared the shit out of the horse! Then he turned the other direction.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not one to jeopardize your insurance claim, but as I look in the grass in the foreground it looks like pieces of hail landing in the grass...

On second thought, it really is grainy video. Those trees whipping around probably are an indication of what is going on more...

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My bad, it wasn't loading for me but I finally saw it. Those trees in the background were MOVING!

They made the rear window as thin as possible to keep the weight down. But a design flaw? No. Weather related insurance claim. Not sure why anyone would think any differently.
we have some crazy winds and storms here in ohio and where I’ve lived in Florida and Oklahoma yet I’ve never seen a rear windshield blow out like that from wind and not projectiles. Is it because glass is becoming more thin now than a few years ago? Just seems really weird

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we have some crazy winds and storms here in ohio and where I’ve lived in Florida and Oklahoma yet I’ve never seen a rear windshield blow out like that from wind and not projectiles. Is it because glass is becoming more thin now than a few years ago? Just seems really weird
Compare this to the rear glass on other removable hardtops. You can't compare this to fixed roofs.

Now if the rear glass starts shattering in normal use then there's an issue but we really haven't seen that.

Is Ford suppose to put it in a wind tunnel backwards and see how much wind the rear window can take?
Sponsored