First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not one to jeopardize your insurance claim, but as I look in the grass in the foreground it looks like pieces of hail landing in the grass...

On second thought, it really is grainy video. Those trees whipping around probably are an indication of what is going on more...
Hail was my first thought when I first saw it was gone, but I looked at both the hood and the roof and neither have any hail damage. Sounds like ford/the dealership will be completely covering it. At $1,300 for the rear window, y’all better take extra good care of your windows 😂
Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hail was my first thought when I first saw it was gone, but I looked at both the hood and the roof and neither have any hail damage. Sounds like ford/the dealership will be completely covering it. At $1,300 for the rear window, y’all better take extra good care of your windows 😂
Your dealer sounds like one of the good ones, I would have guessed you'd need to run it through insurance. Did they mention how long till they can get the glass?

Any word on whether Ford will replace the sticker? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Ford suppose to put it in a wind tunnel backwards and see how much wind the rear window can take?
My first thought was, yeah, Ford should quality test their vehicle under the assumption it'll be parked outdoors and might see some wind pressure from behind. We had 70mph wind gusts in southeast Michigan yesterday and whether or not it should be able to stand up to that seems like it's up for debate. But Ford should have tested it imo and should at least know what that number is.

OP
OP
7spdbadlands

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer sounds like one of the good ones, I would have guessed you'd need to run it through insurance. Did they mention how long till they can get the glass?

Any word on whether Ford will replace the sticker? :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like it will probably be 7-10 days, good thing there’s no more storms in the forecast so it shouldn’t get rained in more than it already has 😂😂 and that sticker was only $15, so it’s no big deal, thankfully I was able to save the $36 ORV stickers though lmao

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
How fast can the Bronco drive in reverse? Asking for a friend!

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first thought was, yeah, Ford should quality test their vehicle under the assumption it'll be parked outdoors and might see some wind pressure from behind. We had 70mph wind gusts in southeast Michigan yesterday and whether or not it should be able to stand up to that seems like it's up for debate. But Ford should have tested it imo and should at least know what that number is.
So what angles do you test it at? All of them?

Maybe they should also test in hurricane winds too?

I guess some people think that Ford has unlimited funds to test every possible scenario and every possible situation. The real world doesn't work like that.

You test scenarios with the highest risk. A random windstorm isn't that.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is true, and more or less what I meant when I said Ford needs to determine what that number is and how much engineering they should do to keep the Bronco in tact in most outdoor parking scenarios. Yesterday's storm might have exceeded that. But when every other vehicle parked nearby survives unscathed, perhaps there is room for improvement. I was glad to see that Ford is authorizing OP's repair, tells me they might even agree.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is true, and more or less what I meant when I said Ford needs to determine what that number is and how much engineering they should do to keep the Bronco in tact in most outdoor parking scenarios. Yesterday's storm might have exceeded that. But when every other vehicle parked nearby survives unscathed, perhaps there is room for improvement. I was glad to see that Ford is authorizing OP's repair, tells me they might even agree.
No other vehicle in the lot has a removable top. You cannot expect a removable top to have the same capabilities as a fixed top. You just can't. You'd get a removable top that would get too heavy and then how many threads on this poor forum would be complaining about the weight of the top?

OP
OP
7spdbadlands

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No other vehicle in the lot has a removable top. You cannot expect a removable top to have the same capabilities as a fixed top. You just can't. You'd get a removable top that would get too heavy and then how many threads on this poor forum would be complaining about the weight of the top?
That you can see…. The parking lot where this happened can handle well over 1000 cars, and there’s a good handful of wranglers, both hard tops and soft tops parked in these lots, completely unscathed 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
7spdbadlands

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be interesting to see if ford does anything about it in the future, or if they just determine that my 2.0 rear window was an anomaly

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That you can see…. The parking lot where this happened can handle well over 1000 cars, and there’s a good handful of wranglers, both hard tops and soft tops parked in these lots, completely unscathed 🤷‍♂️
Obviously Fords fault then. Carry on.

musicman

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That band of storm rolling through Michigan on Monday was intense. It sounded like a freight train outside! Glad that was the only damage and no one was hurt.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on the first several months of top production they didn't bother to test it under ANY outdoor conditions -- the excuse for hard tops falling apart was exposure to the sun and moisture

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ooof those that know about the Santa Ana winds in Southern CA know we can see sustained winds averaging 40mph and gusts exceeding 80 mph. Hopefully this is an isolated incident with that tempered glass just being extra temperamental. I don't want to have to check wind direction when I park.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish I knew lol, I know the storm was moving along at 60mph, but I didn’t pay attention to what the actual winds were
I saw that some winds were in excess of 70mph
Sponsored