Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,

My OBX 2 Dr. has been pretty good for its first 5000 miles. I noticed the other day when the weather was sort of crappy that my rear windshield wiper fluid motor runs but does not produce fluid. The front works fine. I looked in the rear at the connection points and it all looks good. Can't really see much on the front, don't see anything hanging or loose. Obviously it will be going to the dealership for its first oil change soon, so I will have them look at it. I was just wondering if anyone had anything else to try or an opinion.

Thanks,
Cliff
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello,

My OBX 2 Dr. has been pretty good for its first 5000 miles. I noticed the other day when the weather was sort of crappy that my rear windshield wiper fluid motor runs but does not produce fluid. The front works fine. I looked in the rear at the connection points and it all looks good. Can't really see much on the front, don't see anything hanging or loose. Obviously it will be going to the dealership for its first oil change soon, so I will have them look at it. I was just wondering if anyone had anything else to try or an opinion.

Thanks,
Cliff
Hi Cliff! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership information? I can take a look at things with your Bronco on my end.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you turn the control long enough? It takes a good few seconds to start spraying. I thought mine wasn't working also. But then it did.

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you turn the control long enough? It takes a good few seconds to start spraying. I thought mine wasn't working also. But then it did.
held it on until it turned itself off. ~15 seconds

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
held it on until it turned itself off. ~15 seconds
My bet is that it draws from the same bottle under the hood, and the system was not primed from the factory. May want to do it once or twice more to get the fluid to the rear of the vehicle.

Rob W.

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bet is that it draws from the same bottle under the hood, and the system was not primed from the factory. May want to do it once or twice more to get the fluid to the rear of the vehicle.
I had to do it about 4 times but eventually mine started working this way.

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you ever get this resolved my rear wiper worked at first and then quit working all the sudden. Checked the line at the back and it still attached. I was waiting for the oil change to be due to have the dealer look at it.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you ever get this resolved my rear wiper worked at first and then quit working all the sudden. Checked the line at the back and it still attached. I was waiting for the oil change to be due to have the dealer look at it.
Dealer repaired on first oil change. Still having some issues with reservoir leaking windshield wiper fluid. Back to the dealer it will go on second oil change. Not sure why FORD can't get some of these little niggles figured out.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealer repaired on first oil change. Still having some issues with reservoir leaking windshield wiper fluid. Back to the dealer it will go on second oil change. Not sure why FORD can't get some of these little niggles figured out.
Did they ever say why? My rear window wiper and sprayer quit working, too, on my 22 WildTrak.
Sponsored