Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like this idea, I cut the bumper on my Raptor to install backup lights but with all the sensors in the Bronco bumper there really isn't any room. I don't like the look of them hanging off the bumper, looks ghetto. OP you got any measurements on the material?
Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get a few more pictures and will get some measurements shortly.

Ford Bronco Rear Work Light/Fog Light PXL_20220116_185335739

So how much for a pair? Lol - jk… kinda

tbruz

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can find OEM headlight switches for the Bronco that have front AND rear fog lights. I have one on order, but the supply has dried up. Back ordered with no ETA.
Not all Bronco trims have the front harness, however. (if your Bronco came with mod bumper, for example)
So for clarity, you are saying that vehicles with the mod bumper(Badlands for instance) DO NOT have the fog light harness as part of the front harness?
Thanks
Tbruz

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So for clarity, you are saying that vehicles with the mod bumper(Badlands for instance) DO NOT have the fog light harness as part of the front harness?
Thanks
Tbruz
I don't believe that, ford wires all of them the same I believe. Take even longer to build one if they had to wire them separately. But I could be wrong.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks
Tbruz
Nope, they do as far as I can tell...
2022's may all have the harness due to the Capable bumper option. Well, at least all trims that can get that bumper in B&P

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@hollapm what’s the advantage of mounting the pod lights at the spare tire vs. under the bumper? Does it just light the area better being positioned higher?
Thanks
Tbruz
My First Edition with Modular Bumper has the wiring harness in the front. It's tucked up by the front tow points. I don't know if all packages with Modular Bumpers have them, but have heard a number of people find them on their rig.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's absolutely perfect, exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the daylight photos!

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've had a number of people ask if I'm making these and in all honesty I'm a backyard mechanic with limited skills - Lol. I do wish I had the tools to do this, but I'm fortunate enough to have a good friend with the skills tools and knowledge necessary to fab something up based on an initial concept. This was more of a one-off but I don't mind sharing what I did and walk thru the install best I can - note I didn't record or take pictures of the build or install but don't mind helping anyone out!

At this time I don't know of a fabricator but imagine it would be an easy item for them to make given that I think it's a simplistic design. I could ask around and see how many they would need to produce and how much it would cost if there's enough interest?

Material cost was quite low - it was more of the initial time of set up (mocking it out) and grinding but with the right jig and with the measurements known I don't think it wouldn't cost much (but then a piece of bent metal to hold lights cost more than I can think it should - Lol...)

For the time being I'm going to share some pictures and measurements to hopefully help someone out whom knows this world better than I...

PXL_20220116_184718327.jpg

PXL_20220116_184729834.MP.jpg

PXL_20220116_184740237.jpg

PXL_20220116_184809054.jpg

PXL_20220116_184821760.jpg

PXL_20220116_184821417.jpg

PXL_20220116_184830356.jpg

PXL_20220116_184902659.jpg

PXL_20220116_185208109.jpg

PXL_20220116_185318779.jpg

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One question regarding the use of this as a fog light - This may vary by state, but assuming the placement is illegal to be used as a fog light? Also, wouldn't they be a lot less effective being so high up? Fog lights are typically low to the ground.

Not crapping on your idea by any stretch - I still am looking at doing this, as it's perfect for extra light while backing up or if you need some area lighting. But I don't think I'll add them as a rear fog light option. Just my 2 cents. Curious if you've tried them in fog?

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One question regarding the use of this as a fog light - This may vary by state, but assuming the placement is illegal to be used as a fog light? Also, wouldn't they be a lot less effective being so high up? Fog lights are typically low to the ground.

Not crapping on your idea by any stretch - I still am looking at doing this, as it's perfect for extra light while backing up or if you need some area lighting. But I don't think I'll add them as a rear fog light option. Just my 2 cents. Curious if you've tried them in fog?
A very valid point and no criticism considered.
I actually did a very quick look as your comment on being low is valid, although it appears to apply more to front driving lights. For the rear they need to be min height off the ground (didn't see a max but could depend on country) and provides a means for other motorist to see you easily. So I believe this fits into that category. Original placement appeared to be on the left side of the vehicle with higher end vehicles having them on both. They are now also being placed in the center - which is where the factory Ford Bronco is located.
Regarding being able to be seen better in fog from the rear I can't comment yet - we haven't had any since installed. I do believe they will help but will also say for true rear fog the light output should be brighter.
I'm using Diode Dynamics SSC1 lights with red backlighting. The light output is a smidgen brighter than the rear running lights, not as bright as brake lights. Most rear fogs I've seen are closer to the brake light output so these would definitely need more lumens to get there. Since Diode Dynamics came with a backlight I didn't want that to go to waste - primary use though is for the work light - I thought why not use the backlight for a purpose. Now if Diode made a brighter backlight then I believe it would act as a rear fog light and placement would allow other vehicles to see me from the rear quite easily. I do need to test your question in real world thought and see how much further if any these lights add.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Nice job. Really!
Gives me ideas!
Not concerned about fog, but as a back up/ work area / camp set up light, what a great place to start!!! This is why I opted for the overhead switches.

Thanks for sharing!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Nice job. Really!
Gives me ideas!
Not concerned about fog, but as a back up/ work area / camp set up light, what a great place to start!!! This is why I opted for the overhead switches.

Thanks for sharing!
Stupid question alert...Why would there be a need for a fog light on the rear of the Bronco? Other than backing out of the driveway and using them as you said for camp light, working in the rear of the vehicle etc.???? EDIT: Do people back down foggy roads??? EDIT #2: Maybe for visibility in heavy fog?
Sponsored

Last edited: