Sponsored

Reason why no 2.3L Manual?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10966
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 10966

Has anyone ever heard the reason why FORD "can't" do the 2.3 manual with Sasquatch
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The software element of the Sasquatch package is not compatible with a manual transmission so, presumably, the configurations management team is not willing to allow a new variant that does work with a manual since apparently they feel that it would go beyond the number of variants they feel is manageable at assembly.

TLDR; they don't want to.

Here's a fun paper I found:

CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT IN MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY: CASE STUDY AND ENABLER DEVELOPMENT

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shit you get profits by taking my money. They did so well to identify what jeep fails at and then limit this option. doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah but you'll just buy the automatic anyways and pay ford $1600 more than you planned. Ford wins

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s hard to drink coffee, smoke a cigar and shift. That’s my reason.
Hold on.... you’re not an octopus?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s hard to drink coffee, smoke a cigar and shift. That’s my reason.
I don't know, I see people reading the newspaper and applying makeup sometimes, maybe you just need to try harder ?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The software element of the Sasquatch package is not compatible with a manual transmission so, presumably, the configurations management team is not willing to allow a new variant that does work with a manual since apparently they feel that it would go beyond the number of variants they feel is manageable at assembly.

TLDR; they don't want to.

Here's a fun paper I found:

CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT IN MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY: CASE STUDY AND ENABLER DEVELOPMENT
or tldr; They did what we asked them not to do, made the offroad driveline too tech dependent.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new manual transmission might not be rated to handle the power of the 2.7 engine. And could also require a stronger drivetrain. For example, the Jeep Wrangler JL comes standard with the heavier duty rear axle, when ordering the manual transmission. It's possible Ford didn't want the higher output 2.7 engine coupled to the manual trans, which also has granny gear to further the stress on the drivetrain.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The new manual transmission might not be rated to handle the power of the 2.7 engine. And could also require a stronger drivetrain. For example, the Jeep Wrangler JL comes standard with the heavier duty rear axle, when ordering the manual transmission. It's possible Ford didn't want the higher output 2.7 engine coupled to the manual trans, which also has granny gear to further the stress on the drivetrain.
The OP is talking about the 2.3 liter motor with Sasquatch.... but he forgot to mention 'with Sasquatch' in his thread title.
Sponsored