Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All...

First I realize this is about the Sport, not the big boy, but there may be some folks on this side that can appreciate it without hating on it. I know all of you are understandably getting a full size 2 or 4 door. On the Sport Forum side we’ve been pretty excited to watch Shelby Hall, Rod Hall’s grand daughter (as a newb I didn’t realize the family’s importance so maybe someone else doesn’t either) crush it in a Bronco Sport Badlands stock model. Their car 201 has unofficially won X Cross, ceremony officially tomorrow. Watching the Sport go through a 7 day excursion through Some intense terrain has been a lot of fun as I’m brand new to anything off road.

Also note. While their Sport is winning X Cross Class, they accumulated more points than a large number of 4x4 Teams out there. It’s not apples to apples, but the x cross maps share the same or similar check points as the 4x4 class. For example, The Kia Telluride team Exclaimed how stoked they were by showing up first to check points, with 4 x4 teams taking the long way around. Please note the Sport teams pulling up rear were both Rookies. One team were journos and the other were from Ford engineering I believe.

Bronco Sport team 201 . 1089 points
Ford Bronco Rebelle Rally. Bronco Sport Unofficial Win Update 47610D7A-19DA-4F07-9D9F-ABF0F9E353EC

Making them 14th Overall
Ford Bronco Rebelle Rally. Bronco Sport Unofficial Win Update 168A1FB8-6703-4059-AEE9-AAE8C8B2B5CE
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2020?

There must be some earth shaking realignment for good things to happen...
Hold on to something.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
rivian came in 6th i like to see that

I hope ford is ready to throw a v8 in the bronco for gasoline people and get ready to make it fully electric because its almost time.

We could get fully flat folding seats with a fully electric and a front storage compartment lol

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rivian came in 6th i like to see that

I hope ford is ready to throw a v8 in the bronco for gasoline people and get ready to make it fully electric because its almost time.

We could get fully flat folding seats with a fully electric and a front storage compartment lol
Funny you mention that because the Rivian seemed to get a lot of love from the two hosts Throughout the rally.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny you mention that because the Rivian seemed to get a lot of love from the two hosts Throughout the rally.
everyone should support companies that put everything on the line with innovative stuff

the fact the rivan comes with a pull out kitchen is crazy.

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care what anyone says, after seeing the Sport in person, that is a fantastic vehicle. No need to hate on something that was well designed just because it's not the bigger Bronco. It would honestly be perfect for what a lot of people on this forum said they intend on doing with their Bronco.

Rkeally

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve tried to tune in to the livestream to watch during the week but always seemed to get the 6 or 8 min countdown clock to watch and couldn’t wait that long! Ha

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't care what anyone says, after seeing the Sport in person, that is a fantastic vehicle. No need to hate on something that was well designed just because it's not the bigger Bronco. It would honestly be perfect for what a lot of people on this forum said they intend on doing with their Bronco.
The Badlands trim + Badlands option package would be suitable for most drivers here. IMO, it is the only viable alternative package. My big complaint was that it was being built with stale tech on SYNC 3. Of course, it doesn't offer the open air (roof off/doors off experience). For some drivers, it doesn't matter. The pricing was also about $38K for the BL + BL.

I'm going to be watching the Sport over the next few years. If the SportHog becomes a reality for MY2023, I'll be in line to get one. It will be parked right next to my MY2022 Big Bend.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing about the Rebelle is, while you do need very capable vehicles, it's really about the navigator and the driver. They try and limit overblown builds, (i.e. max tire size of 35", limits on modifications, etc). It's all about finding your way to various checkpoints using only maps and compasses. Most of those checkpoints you have to locate on the map yourself, and many of them have no marking out on the course.

The cross-over class checkpoints are a little bit different than the 4x4 class ones, but overall it's just as tough. Last year the Cross-over class was won by a Rolls-Royce Cullinan by the same team that drove the Rivian (Emme Hall, Rod Hall's daughter).

My wife competed last year, loved it. Quite a challenge and would love to do it again. She drove down to the Carson City area a couple of weeks ago with her teammate (who did compete again this year) for training and met one of the Bronco Sport teams there. They didn't have their vehicle yet, think they only got them a few days before the start. These were pretty fresh off the assembly line so that bodes well. Not sure if they were full production vehicles or still test mules like we see coming off the big Bronco line. The Rivian was the very first production truck off the line.

We had 3 teams with very close friends competing, congratulations to them, #184-5th place, #129-11th place, and #123-12th place. Definitely a bunch of awesome ladies!

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually had a Sport Badlands on order as my Adventure vehicle, it checked all of the boxes for what I needed and wanted, then I found out it can't be towed at ALL, not even on a dolly. And as I travel to all of my off road base camps via RV I had to drop it for a BD.

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It would be perfect for me if only it were a little bigger. I need room to sleep in the back. But Badlands trim is as expensive as many of the big broncos, so that pushes me over as well. I'll still check it out when it shows up at dealerships, and could be swayed.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, that’s basically me in a nut shell. Call me shallow... but the whole reason I got interested in the Bronco lineup was the look. All of them are sexy af. Then it just came down to the details in the fabric.

ive never off roaded once. I currently drive a Camry. I need something that can efficiently do everything. And sure, there are 2 big broncos that are priced under BS badlands with badlands... but when you add the upgrades it’s shades of grey. just don’t see myself needing to drive a Big Bend around town, or go on golf camping trips with it either.

when the b and p comes out... plus mpg... on the big broncos I might change my mind... but for all the right practical reasons I’m locked to a Sport Bl with Bl. They look dope.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be perfect for me if only it were a little bigger. I need room to sleep in the back. But Badlands trim is as expensive as many of the big broncos, so that pushes me over as well. I'll still check it out when it shows up at dealerships, and could be swayed.
You and me both... I’ve been begging for help identifying details like back row seat rooom... and, what the room looks like for laying down when front row seats are pushed forward, back row seats folded...

my dealer has a walk through scheduled with their regional rep on the Sport and I’m supposed to get a call to come over. So many unanswered questions and your issue of laying inside is definitely one of them.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You and me both... I’ve been begging for help identifying details like back row seat rooom... and, what the room looks like for laying down when front row seats are pushed forward, back row seats folded...

my dealer has a walk through scheduled with their regional rep on the Sport and I’m supposed to get a call to come over. So many unanswered questions and your issue of laying inside is definitely one of them.
When you get the call, be sure to take measurements and video. Post up your experience on the Sport Forum.
Sponsored