Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wifes has been at the dealership for going on a week now. It was hit with the delivery hold while it was sitting in Wentzville waiting on transport. Nobody has any information on when she can pick it up. At some point in the 3 months it set on hold after being produced on 3/22 it got the sliding retainer clips but still has the hold saying its waiting on the sliding retainer clips.
My wife is heartbroken to say the least, she can barely reach over her shoulders from volley ball injuries in college. She is a side reach person which is why she loves our 22 F-150 and 2017 Mustang and why she ordered this platform after being in a demo.
*Timeline posted below

Ford Bronco Recall 23C16 & Delivery Hold : Seat Belt Latch Plate Access For 2021-2023 Bronco w/ Production Build Dates 9/23/20 - 5/9/23 1689615124712

Order Timeline:
• October 13, 2021: Placed the original order for a white 4-door hardtop Wildtrak Ford Bronco with the lux package, leather seats, towing capability, steel bumper, roof and door bags, rubber mats, and WT side graphics.
• October 14, 2021: Received order confirmation.
• March 2022: Added the HOSS 3.0 Fox package and removable hoop steps to the order.
• September 2022: Converted the order to the 2023 model year and re-added the towing capability option.
• January 20, 2023: Modified the order to an eruption green 4-door soft top Badlands with a 2.7L engine, 10-speed automatic transmission, steel bumper, high package, marine-grade vinyl seats, rubber mats, door bags, removable hoop steps, and tube doors. Lost certain features such as adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel, B&O stereo, hardtop, towing capability package, wireless charging pad, sport mode, sasquatch wheels, and 4.7 rear axle. Gained features like electronic disconnecting front stabilizer bar, rock crawl mode, and washout flooring.
• February 1, 2023: Order began previewing at the factory.
• February 2, 2023: Received the VIN number and order was picked up for production for the week of March 20, 2023.
• March 14, 2023: Order sent to the plant for production.
• March 22, 2023: Bronco is in production, showing as number 540/882 on the assembly line with a blend date of March 21, 2023, and an invoice date of March 14, 2023.
• March 23, 2023: Status shows the Bronco has been produced, with the pizza tracker indicating it is still in production and the BCE modules are loaded.
• March 24, 2023: PCM modules are not yet loaded, tear tag received, pizza tracker still shows in production, and vehicle visibility report on the dealership side shows produced.
• March 27, 2023: Pizza tracker still shows in production with no estimated time of arrival (ETA). VinView freight tracking shows the Bronco with an active modem, waiting in the yard. It is anticipated that it will soon be shipped out, possibly waiting for the next available truck.
• April 22, 2023: Dealership shows "delayed pending update" and VinView freight tracking shows "delayed" with the last GPS modem update on April 10, indicating it is sitting in a specific location in the parking lot.
• May 10, 2023: Modem last pinged on April 28, when the Bronco was moved to a gravel lot, potentially a freight truck transport lot. Pizza tracker still shows "in production," dealership shows "delayed pending update," freight tracker shows "delayed," and Ford chat confirms that it is produced and not on hold.
• May 30, 2023: Modem pinged in the same location as the previous update.
• June 7, 2023: Learned from the MAP team that the Bronco is currently at an offsite storage yard and not in shippable status due to certain plant holds. The specific details of the holds and the reason for the Bronco not being in shippable status are unclear.
• June 19, 2023: The Bronco was officially released from holds.
• June 20, 2023: Pizza tracker updated to show the Bronco was scheduled for the week of March 21, went into production on March 22, and was built on June 19. The pizza tracker now shows "produced."
• June 22, 2023: Updated information indicates that the Bronco has been loaded onto railcar #TTGX 986467, and the rail trip has commenced with an ETA of July 3, 2023, to July 16, 2023, as per the pizza tracker. Other sources estimate the delivery to be around July 9, 2023.
• June 23, 2023: Received a notification email stating that the Bronco has been shipped, as confirmed by the pizza tracker. The only remaining updates awaited are the assembly line birth photo and the Bronco's arrival.
• July 1, 2023: The Bronco landed in Wentzville.
• July 2, 2023: The Bronco was unloaded from the railcar.
• July 5, 2023: While awaiting the Bronco's delivery to the dealership, a compliance recall, "Compliance Recall 23C16 – New Vehicle Demonstration/Delivery Hold for Seat Belt Latch Plate Access," was imposed, causing further uncertainty and potential delays in the delivery process.

Order# 2247
Last 8: PLB29312
That’s tough to have it at your fingertips. Mine is still on the train delivering next week but my dealer is out of state so won’t be able to check it out while it sits. Maybe that’s better that I can’t see it in person 😂

MnkyBat

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only problem here is.... It's NOT your vehicle as of yet. Until the vehicle is delivered to a customer, it is the property of the dealership or manufacturer, and if a customer puts the VIN associated with a vehicle they have "ordered" vs "own", then the request or complaint is not valid.

By the NHTSA's own verbiage, "If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for YOUR vehicle in a timely manner..."

Sorry to burst bubbles, and I'm waiting for my vehicle as well, but facts are facts.

Yes, plenty of blame to go around, but the NHTSA can only act on owner or manufacturer complaints.
I'd argue in my case, I have a valid claim on ownership - I've paid in full, its titled, registered, and insured in my name. The remedy was completed at the factory. Other than due to a delay by Ford and/or NHTSA in providing dealer guidance on closing out the recall, I would have the keys now. Everyone in a remotely similar situation should complain to any party that will listen in the hopes of getting their Bronco released. I've already contacted everyone Jim Farley to NHTSA, and my congressman to try to force action wherever the holdup might be (i.e. Ford or NHTSA).

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd argue in my case, I have a valid claim on ownership - I've paid in full, its titled, registered, and insured in my name. The remedy was completed at the factory. Other than due to a delay by Ford and/or NHTSA in providing dealer guidance on closing out the recall, I would have the keys now. Everyone in a remotely similar situation should complain to any party that will listen in the hopes of getting their Bronco released. I've already contacted everyone Jim Farley to NHTSA, and my congressman to try to force action wherever the holdup might be (i.e. Ford or NHTSA).
What? You already paid for it and you registered it but the dealer still has it? How can they hold it if it’s in your name now? Maybe the dealer screwed up and now doesn’t want to pay the fine?

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yours is a unique situation, very unique and shady (on the dealer's part) but my comments cover every other person who doesn't already own their vehicle.

Getting back to yours, if it's in fact titled and registered in your name, that would show completion of delivery AND ownership, and you could almost go down the avenue of filing a report that the dealer stole (or at the very least is "withholding property you legally own") your vehicle, and, the dealer should be paying your monthly payments (assuming you have a loan for the vehicle.

Sponsored

Gazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only problem here is.... It's NOT your vehicle as of yet. Until the vehicle is delivered to a customer, it is the property of the dealership or manufacturer, and if a customer puts the VIN associated with a vehicle they have "ordered" vs "own", then the request or complaint is not valid.

By the NHTSA's own verbiage, "If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for YOUR vehicle in a timely manner..."

Sorry to burst bubbles, and I'm waiting for my vehicle as well, but facts are facts.

Yes, plenty of blame to go around, but the NHTSA can only act on owner or manufacturer complaints.
I know it's not my vehicle until I take delivery. This is the entire problem. I would argue that there isn't plenty of blame to go around, all blame is on the Ford Manufacturer.

Deleted member 52761

I've been in contact with my dealer about alternatives here and he just called me to say his manager got word this afternoon that they might have a fix/update within a couple weeks. I have no idea how to verify that but fwiw

abisen

Badlands
First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is my first Ford experience, started with so much excitement.. and since then and 30 months later it's been nothing but one irritation after another. Finally my car arrives in a week only to sit in my dealers lot for another 3-4 months. horrible...

rkelley3

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been in contact with my dealer about alternatives here and he just called me to say his manager got word this afternoon that they might have a fix/update within a couple weeks. I have no idea how to verify that but fwiw
Would be amazing if true!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hold my beer.......

So we just had a bronco come in with the clips and recall so I tried an experiment. I opened a contact with SSSC told them what I had and asked if the vehicle could be removed from recall. A few pics and voila. Recall removed. I have another vehicle sitting here with the same thing I'm getting ready to run through but it looks like this might be an avenue for those sitting with clips and open recall.

Your dealer will need to open a contact with your VIN with SSSC under program 23C16. They will ask for pics of the VIN tag, both seat belts showing clips installed AND picture of the seat belt supplement paperwork in the glove box. This last thing is critical, if it doesn't have this in the glove box, it won't close.

Y'all can thank my ass later.😘

supplement.jpg

Sponsored

MnkyBat

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got a call from the GM at my dealer, and it appears the recall has been cleared from OASIS on their side. I just confirmed via the NHTSA website as well. Looks like at least for those of use not waiting on parts, this issue might be coming to a resolution. I can't imagine my emails to half the executive team at Ford had an impact that quickly, but at least they were cathartic.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got the second one to go through and close. This agent didn't know the process and initially closed the contact, I asked them to reopen and get with a supervisor. A couple minutes ago I got the second approval.

abisen

Badlands
First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got the second one to go through and close. This agent didn't know the process and initially closed the contact, I asked them to reopen and get with a supervisor. A couple minutes ago I got the second approval.
What were the build and ship dates on these vehicles?

td12

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SS, Bronco, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hold my beer.......

So we just had a bronco come in with the clips and recall so I tried an experiment. I opened a contact with SSSC told them what I had and asked if the vehicle could be removed from recall. A few pics and voila. Recall removed. I have another vehicle sitting here with the same thing I'm getting ready to run through but it looks like this might be an avenue for those sitting with clips and open recall.

Your dealer will need to open a contact with your VIN with SSSC under program 23C16. They will ask for pics of the VIN tag, both seat belts showing clips installed AND picture of the seat belt supplement paperwork in the glove box. This last thing is critical, if it doesn't have this in the glove box, it won't close.

Y'all can thank my ass later.😘

Ford Bronco Recall 23C16 & Delivery Hold : Seat Belt Latch Plate Access For 2021-2023 Bronco w/ Production Build Dates 9/23/20 - 5/9/23 supplement
Mine doesn't have the clips or paperwork, but I have acquired both. Let's see if that can get my bronco out of purgatory!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What were the build and ship dates on these vehicles?
Build 4/12/23 Release 6/22/23 this actually arrived a couple of weeks ago.
" 4/21/23 " 6/19/23 this was delivered 2 days ago.
Sponsored