First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well I’m at least July 12 blend so there is that on a brighter note. Maybe they will prioritize all the early ones now.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank god mine is not being built till nov22 even then you got to pray to the bronco gods the assembly workers do a good job and most important it shows up to the dealer not messed up during transit. I never seen such a shit show my whole life. How hard is it for people to do the damn job they are getting paid to do and do it the correct way

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Having stalked the trackers and Ford CS during the process this probably leaves me(and a lot of others) with more questions.

6/30 blend, 7/1 Ford CS confirmed it was built and waiting for..... something

7/18 Built Email

7/28 Took delivery

So is the "built" range listed on the recall based on the blend, the built email or some other internal code? And how do we determine what Ford considers the build date to be?

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Woo-hoo for 7/16 blend!! oh wait, I was a late rotation and didn't get built until the 19th ... and of course have been sitting for 2.5 months. I was expecting a built e-mail sometime next week, but I'm guessing this means I'll see it next year instead of this year?

"patiently" waiting for more info.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DATE: October 4, 2021

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:

NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice -
Compliance Recall 21C23
Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.43.54 AM.jpg

Affected Build Dates: July 18, 2021 through August 17, 2021

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL
Some of the affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 Occupant Protection. The front passenger air bag may have been incorrectly folded during manufacturing. Incorrect folding may cause improper deployment of the airbag, increasing the risk of occupant injury during a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.
Excellent! So any hope of me getting my 8/5 build OBX have now been derailed. Where is Ford with providing an update to order holders that are affected? My roof was supposed to be done in NOV, but I’m guessing based on this information no further broncos will be released pending yet another fix.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as demos go, at least it will give dealer technicians a couple test runs on disassembling and reassembling the dash. They haven’t really gotten any face time on broncos. And what better use on a demo.

As for those that have been delivered, or slightly delayed, obviously it’s a bit annoying.

On the bright side, maybe I’ll get more honest quotes down the road when I look to swap out the roast dash surround with that of a black FE. It won’t have an unknown labor premium tacked onto it.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this is the zinger -

" 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall. "

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So who actually folds the passenger side airbags? Is it the airbag supplier (e.g., Takata)? Or is it the MAP assembly worker?

I need to know who to direct my faux outrage towards over this safety recall of certain vehicles made before my Bronco is built, because I, like everyone else in this thread, am now livid! :mad:
/s

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DATE: October 4, 2021

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:

NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice -
Compliance Recall 21C23
Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) 3BBE438C-9F84-4F83-BF36-3043084EFD6F

Affected Build Dates: July 18, 2021 through August 17, 2021

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL
Some of the affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 Occupant Protection. The front passenger air bag may have been incorrectly folded during manufacturing. Incorrect folding may cause improper deployment of the airbag, increasing the risk of occupant injury during a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.
Well, thats fun. My vehicle, was built July 22 in a July 18-Aug 17 recall. Its in MIC Purgatory. When it gets its new MIC roof this month, will it
A) be delivered to me right away
B) be delivered to the dealer, who will hold it until replacing the air bag
C) will it be held in Dirt Mountain Purgatory II, awaiting airbag replacement at the factory.

And by the way is the airbag itself being replaced, or is it being repaired by being re-folded in place in the car?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rpm

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, thats fun. My vehicle, was built July 22 in a July 18-Aug 17 recall. Its in MIC Purgatory. When it gets its new MIC roof this month, will it
A) be delivered to me right away
B) be delivered to the dealer, who will hold it until replacing the air bag
C) will it be held in Dirt Mountain Purgatory II, awaiting airbag replacement at the factory.

And by the way is the airbag replaced is it repair or is it just to be folded?
My guess is to save money, they will continue to hold all broncos affected at the plant or dirt mountain until such time the fix is done. That way, they don’t risk shipping one that a dealer will just sell or deliver to get some cash.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.