First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two first gen Broncos and a second gen, 21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And to thank, I literally just got a built email this morning at 3:30 am. Expected delivery date 10/23-10/29. I guess we will see if it goes back to Dirt mountain or not :cautious:
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as demos go, at least it will give dealer technicians a couple test runs on disassembling and reassembling the dash. They haven’t really gotten any face time on broncos. And what better use on a demo.

As for those that have been delivered, or slightly delayed, obviously it’s a bit annoying.

On the bright side, maybe I’ll get more honest quotes down the road when I look to swap out the roast dash surround with that of a black FE. It won’t have an unknown labor premium tacked onto it.
Are you also considering swapping the tan door rests ?
Always pondered if I'd touch the doors if I modified anything in the interior

As time goes on I've come to really appreciate the navy pier so I may not make any changes

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess every vehicle will have recalls for something or another, although this latest issue just adds to the pile of woes. Part of me thinks that Ford should have waited another 6 months to "launch" the Bronco and could have spent the time with a core group of customer beta testers refining it. If they randomly picked 5 people from this forum (who don't seem to miss anything), they could have likely avoided oversights like not having a manual sasquatch, only offering navy seats in the FE, the MIC top fiasco, horrible front license plate placement, etc.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, thats fun. My vehicle, was built July 22 in a July 18-Aug 17 recall. Its in MIC Purgatory. When it gets its new MIC roof this month, will it
A) be delivered to me right away
B) be delivered to the dealer, who will hold it until replacing the air bag
C) will it be held in Dirt Mountain Purgatory II, awaiting airbag replacement at the factory.

And by the way is the airbag replaced is it repair or is it just to be folded?
i'm fairly certain a vehicle cannot be shipped to a dealer if it has an unfixed recall. It wont be released from Ford's plant until the recall is fixed.

Similar situation happened with my JL - it was built and waiting to be shipped, then a recall related to the clutch came out, so i had to wait until the recall was addressed before it was shipped to my dealer

Sponsored

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
DATE: October 4, 2021

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:
NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice -
Compliance Recall 21C23
Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.43.54 AM.jpg

Affected Build Dates: July 18, 2021 through August 17, 2021

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL
Some of the affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 Occupant Protection. The front passenger air bag may have been incorrectly folded during manufacturing. Incorrect folding may cause improper deployment of the airbag, increasing the risk of occupant injury during a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.

Thanks for posting this! I took delivery two weeks ago and this error already showed up for me. I took it back to the dealership and they said they have parts on order for me?

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
DATE: October 4, 2021

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:
NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice -
Compliance Recall 21C23
Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.43.54 AM.jpg

Affected Build Dates: July 18, 2021 through August 17, 2021

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL
Some of the affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 Occupant Protection. The front passenger air bag may have been incorrectly folded during manufacturing. Incorrect folding may cause improper deployment of the airbag, increasing the risk of occupant injury during a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full de
aler bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️another delay?

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And to thank, I literally just got a built email this morning at 3:30 am. Expected delivery date 10/23-10/29. I guess we will see if it goes back to Dirt mountain or not :cautious:
When was yours built? If it was after Aug 17, you should be fine.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tadertodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two first gen Broncos and a second gen, 21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When was yours built? If it was after Aug 17, you should be fine.
Depends, it went down assembly line week of 7-12-21. Just got an email today saying it’s built as it’s a 2 door hard top badlands that’s been at dirt mountain ever since

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There're going to send you another hammock. Feel better?
Mine was already confiscated by my 4 year old, so my 3 year old would be ecstatic if another one showed up. I'm sad I don't already have the Bronco, but I drive probably 60 miles a week right now so I don't mind pushing out the payments. As long as I have it before Dec 20th because we want to take it to Florida at the In-Laws for xmas.

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know the significance of this number? I'm hoping that's my build date. After learning my Wildtrak wouldn't be built I bought off the lot so I never got any comms about build date, etc. It was supposed to be delivered 9/28 but it's still in MI.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's funny, I could have sworn that I posted in this thread a few minutes ago. I guess whatever I wrote didn't appease the censors.

Well, none the less, I am not amused that my dirt mountain bronco is going to have to sit longer while @Ford Motor Company pulls their heads out and figures this whole new mess out. I am betting that I am able to order and have delivered a 2022 before my 2021 arrives at this rate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.