First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First TAKADA airbags sending metal fragments into the cabin when deployed. Now we have installers that can't FOLD an airbag ?

Assemblyline workers.gif

Last edited:

tehjukebox

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, 20210830. I guess I dodged that little bullet. Mine's also a Canadian build. It's possible we're not as picky about things like defective airbags.
There is literally no chance we are less picky about a safety item than the States

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DATE: October 4, 2021

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:
NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice -
Compliance Recall 21C23
Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) Assemblyline workers

Affected Build Dates: July 18, 2021 through August 17, 2021

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL
Some of the affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 Occupant Protection. The front passenger air bag may have been incorrectly folded during manufacturing. Incorrect folding may cause improper deployment of the airbag, increasing the risk of occupant injury during a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.
Been on Dirt Mountain since built on 22 July. Received email last week new top to be installed in October and now this. Really?

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there anyone still waiting on a built status update who has the recall showing on their Ford account?

Sponsored

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is literally no chance we are less picky about a safety item than the States
I wasn't being serious. I was sort of pondering that a US recall does not automatically mean a Canadian recall too.........or does it?

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as demos go, at least it will give dealer technicians a couple test runs on disassembling and reassembling the dash. They haven’t really gotten any face time on broncos. And what better use on a demo.

As for those that have been delivered, or slightly delayed, obviously it’s a bit annoying.

On the bright side, maybe I’ll get more honest quotes down the road when I look to swap out the roast dash surround with that of a black FE. It won’t have an unknown labor premium tacked onto it.
I've been wondering if swapping out the roast dash was doable. It looks a 1000X's better in person than in pictures but I still don't love the idea of a bronze dash. Black would look so sharp.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For my DM family in this new recall fiasco(my Bronco scheduled to ship Oct 6), it is OK to give up. I for one, am happy with my alternate choice! My FE was meant for someone else at this point, and I'll come back around when(sorry, if) I can trust Ford suppliers(don't want to blame MAP employees when there's nothing they can control here). I've dealt enough with dirt and mountains to last me a couple years without off-roading!

image0.jpeg
Sweet just in time for the Pittsburg winter :cool:
Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) .net%2Fshutterstock%2Fvideos%2F9017023%2Fthumb%2F1

Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP
Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) 10-7_cTC%2F20180207rldWinterWeather03-3-1569232348

Last edited:

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a 7/21 blend - Logged into my Ford account, saw the bulletin for the recall but my VIN is NOT affected. Currently at DM waiting for a MIC replacement, which is scheduled for this month...

tehjukebox

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn't being serious. I was sort of pondering that a US recall does not automatically mean a Canadian recall too.........or does it?
i mean it doesn't "automatically" mean we get one too because as i understand it the government is who actually issues the recalls, Canada is usually a couple weeks behind the States in info like this so we will probably get the same recall info to our dealers in a couple weeks

Sponsored

Bronco Hink

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man I got pretty worried about this when I saw this post as mine is currently en route to my dealership (roughly 2 weeks) but with a 7/12 blend I'm safe! I'm sad and sorry for those on DM...Hopefully Ford gets these replacement airbags ASAP and those vehicles out of DM.
Don’t kid yourself that you’re def safe. You may well be good and I hope you are but I’m a June build and apparently hung up in this latest circlejerk. These issues can get us all at some point and it at least eases the blow as I’ve expected mine to be from the beginning haha

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With it being a delivery hold recall. The ones in transit to dealers that are affected are not legally aloud to be sold until resolved so those will sit on the dealer lots until parts are available which I suspect will be late this year or early next year since Ford said ordering info will be available in Q4. We’re already in Q4, so I would expect the full recall either the end of this month or early next month. The ones that haven’t shipped yet will go back to holding until the parts are available and in all likelihood they will get the first get the first batch of parts.
"....in all liklihood . . ." Is not too likely, Eh!?
there is nothing certain or likely or common or expected or reliable anymore with this vehicle!

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why are people checking for recalls. This was an ADVANCE NOTICE TO DEALERS OF AN UPCOMING RECALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.