Clubs

DATE: October 4, 2021

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:

NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice -
Compliance Recall 21C23
Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.43.54 AM

Affected Build Dates: July 18, 2021 through August 17, 2021

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL
Some of the affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 Occupant Protection. The front passenger air bag may have been incorrectly folded during manufacturing. Incorrect folding may cause improper deployment of the airbag, increasing the risk of occupant injury during a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

July 18 to August 17.....man, that covers nearly every Bronco made this year (I know, just a little early morning sarcasm) . Quite sad to see another problem pop up with the Bronco.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
DATE: October 4, 2021

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT:
NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice -
Compliance Recall 21C23
Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.43.54 AM

Affected Build Dates: July 18, 2021 through August 17, 2021

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL
Some of the affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208 Occupant Protection. The front passenger air bag may have been incorrectly folded during manufacturing. Incorrect folding may cause improper deployment of the airbag, increasing the risk of occupant injury during a crash.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should open a Repair Order (RO) only when a full dealer bulletin is published. Opening an RO against an Awareness or Advance Notice will result in warranty rejections against a recall.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.
Thanks for sharing

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for sharing
yes, thank you - my build date was 8/16 - so I just made it (SMH)/what I don't understand, however, is why this is the first time I am hearing this? You would think this warrants some type of communication from Ford to the customers.

jayson1980

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes, thank you - my build date was 8/16 - so I just made it (SMH)/what I don't understand, however, is why this is the first time I am hearing this? You would think this warrants some type of communication from Ford to the customers.
I think 8.16 is an affected build date.

Sponsored

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

jayson1980

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco is in transit. 8.18 blend date. How do I figure out if I am affected?

Would it already be showing up here if it was?

https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

I'm not sure exactly what they mean by "build date" in this instance. Since mine sat at DM for a while, my "built date" in the tracker is 9.17. But 9.17 is not the real built date.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just spitballing here...but normally Ford tells the dealers that something is going to happen.....then tells the customers. Otherwise customer's would complain that the dealers don't know anything if they tell the customers first....

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

does this mean our DM delivery estimates will also be delayed further than planned for the MIC, or will delivery estimates also include the fix for the airbags ?

Sponsored

jmadsen

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350, 2017 Explorer, 1945 Ford GPW, 53 C6
Your Bronco Model
Base
So does this mean ford will replace these airbags on all remaing dirt mountain Broncos before shipping or ship and let dealers do the repair prior to delivering to customers?
Sounds like more waiting to me..

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does this mean ford will replace these airbags on all remaing dirt mountain Broncos before shipping or ship and let dealers do the repair prior to delivering to customers?
Sounds like more waiting to me..

Considering it is a safety device - they will probably be fixed before shipping. Meaning you won't see a Bronco for a while. I am a July 22nd build. @Ford Motor Company , maybe it is time to come here and write something to the masses of the loyal.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considering it is a safety device - they will probably be fixed before shipping. Meaning you won't see a Bronco for a while. I am a July 22nd build. @Ford Motor Company , maybe it is time to come here and write something to the masses of the loyal.
why would @Ford Motor Company start communicating now? They’ve made it a year and a half without it 😂
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.