Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If an airbag is folded wrong, can it stay pumped?
If it is folded wrong it can tear upon deployment, so it won’t hold air as designed.
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So who actually folds the passenger side airbags? Is it the airbag supplier (e.g., Takata)? Or is it the MAP assembly worker?

I need to know who to direct my faux outrage towards over this safety recall of certain vehicles made before my Bronco is built, because I, like everyone else in this thread, am now livid! :mad:
/s
Takata is defunct. The airbags are folded at a tier 1 supplier (TRW, Autoliv and whatever keysaftey+gst ended up being called are the big ones for ford). They come in a module to MAP. Airbag suppliers are held to an extremely high standard for any quality issue. I imagine the issue was found at the supplier, not MAP.

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@mcalpal, some hope could be on the horizon. @VGK_Fan reported he got his “built” email yesterday. His rotation number is 180 in front of mine, and I’m a mere 2 in front of yours. So, fingers crossed.
@brettf22 Just checked on the B6G tracker and my end date updated sometime this evening. It was 8/6 this afternoon and is now 10/21. I’ll check my modules in the morning but I think that’s usually a precursor to the built e-mail.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@brettf22 Just checked on the B6G tracker and my end date updated sometime this evening. It was 8/6 this afternoon and is now 10/21. I’ll check my modules in the morning but I think that’s usually a precursor to the built e-mail.
my tracker updated to remove everything that was on there... and its all null now. but I can still get to the window sticker...
Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) 1633524877206

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my tracker updated to remove everything that was on there... and its all null now. but I can still get to the window sticker...
Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) 1633524877206
That's usually a typo or an uncapitalized letter in the order number. Sometimes happens if the tracker goes down, but that's rare.

Sponsored

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's usually a typo or an uncapitalized letter in the order number. Sometimes happens if the tracker goes down, but that's rare.
I dont even have to type in the numbers... they are saved as defaults as soon as I click on the box... the curious part is that it still goes to my same window sticker...
Ford Bronco Recall Advanced Notice: 2021 Bronco Front Passenger Air Bag Replacement (Demo / Delivery Hold) 1633525713503

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The FSA VIN list is not populated yet. I ran a couple VINs, mine included, that are in the window and nothing shows up in OASIS or my FP account. The list is the recalls assigned to each specific dealership based on registrations and some division of them within in a certain zip code area around the dealer. This doesn't mean you have to go to that specific dealer to have it done once parts and repair instructions are released.

This was posted so there wouldn't be a surprise when a vehicle hits the dealer's lot and can't be sold until the recall is completed.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. My modules populate on 8/13, but my build date shows 9/11. I with aunt I am still affected by this. May be why Ford has moved my delivery date back, and now the Ford tracker says to try again later. With they have shipped it back to the plant if it was in transit?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dont even have to type in the numbers... they are saved as defaults as soon as I click on the box... the curious part is that it still goes to my same window sticker...
1633525713503.png

I don't know why, I can pull it up just fine here.

vin":"MLA74192",
"receiptDate":"2021-03-08",
"releaseDate":"2021-08-16",
"etaStartDate":"2021-08-31",
"etaEndDate":"2021-09-06",
"productionDate":"2021-08-06",
"shipmentDate":"",
"transitDate":"15",
"trim":"Black Diamond",
"vehicleLineDescription":"Bronco",
"market":"USA",
"status":"",
"primaryStatus":"In Production",

Etc

PS - your modules were last update on 10 Sep 2021, so that was the last time it was updated, also currently your VIN is not flagged for the airbag recall even though it was an 08/06 blend date.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also currently your VIN is not flagged for the airbag recall even though it was an 08/06 blend date.
How are you determining if your VIN is flagged or not? Are you using the “Ford Recall Check” site below?
https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

my blend date was 8/11., but the Ford recall check site is indicating my VIN is clean - no recalls.

Sponsored

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco has the Top replaced but is on hold for this stupid airbag!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How are you determining if your VIN is flagged or not? Are you using the “Ford Recall Check” site below?
https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

my blend date was 8/11., but the Ford recall check site is indicating my VIN is clean - no recalls.
I have used it, but I was also looking at the ETIS data. I know for a fact that unshipped Broncos with recall issues will show up there as flagged and that other unshipped Broncos are not flagged (at least not yet).

EquusFerus

Big Bend
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A little additional detail; as some of you know I have been tracking other VINs as I come across the data/window stickers. So I happened to have a 08/06 Blend date first edition VIN and my 08/05 Blend date OBX VIN to compare with regards to the recall.

Neither have been "released" and both are pending in PALSAPP with no destination data. As far as the Recall goes, the 08/06 (seq 6014) vehicle has been identified as a recall bronco (1FMDE5FP9MLA20185) and my 08/05 (seq 5142) bronco has been identified as NOT a recall bronco (1 FMDE5CP2MLA76299).

Just thought that was an interesting data point showing that you don't have to be delivered in order to have your Bronco identified as a recall Bronco. It also suggests that NOT all 07/19-08/17 Broncos will need the airbag replaced.
Thanks for this helpful info! My 08/04 is on DM and I have not had a recall notice show up on the app. Keeping my fingers crossed there's no airbag problem.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.