Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took mine in today to get the driveshaft recall taken care of, they did this one also. I wasn't getting it via OTA before either.
Sponsored

tsielski

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2020 Range Rover Velar SV R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got the formal notice via snail mail from Ford about the software update recall. Went and started the Bronco, which is connected to my home wifi, and checked for updates. No updates were found, saying my vehicle was up to date. I then checked the Sync status which shows the updates in the system, and this update wasn't there. So, has this update been released? I would think if it had been, I would have been told in the system that it was available, other than the "your system is up to date' message. Strange.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got the formal notice via snail mail from Ford about the software update recall. Went and started the Bronco, which is connected to my home wifi, and checked for updates. No updates were found, saying my vehicle was up to date. I then checked the Sync status which shows the updates in the system, and this update wasn't there. So, has this update been released? I would think if it had been, I would have been told in the system that it was available, other than the "your system is up to date' message. Strange.
That screen will lie to you... The only way to know for sure is to connect it to FDRS and check.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That screen will lie to you... The only way to know for sure is to connect it to FDRS and check.
Thatā€™s annoying. I was wondering why mine wasnā€™t showing an available update as well.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hmmm, I thought this was deliberate and can be turned off from the settings menu.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I missing something or is the Safety & Recall button in FordPass app gone?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got the formal notice via snail mail from Ford about the software update recall.
Yep, just received the recall notice. Since I own three Fords currently, I always have to wonder which one the recall is for this time...

I do not allow my Bronco to connect to the outside world currently. Can I choose which updates I want installed when I reconnect it? I don't want it randomly updating software and the possibility of breaking something. I've had that happen on more than one electronic device.

The notice said that it takes FOUR HOURS to update. Wow! Or I can leave it at the dealer for a day if and when they can fit me in.

Is there one place that I can check to see all software updates for the 2021 Bronco?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I had this recall supposedly done last week and went wheeling this morning and itā€™s most certainly still doing it.

This was in neutral - but, you get the point. Safety first. It wouldnā€™t revert to CarPlay until I went into 4H (or presumably 2H).

Ford Bronco Recall: Rearview Camera issue fix coming via OTA over-the-air software update D52BE84B-0E3F-4223-BFCC-C1BB00152CE1

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have experienced this problem for a year with the backup camera. My Fordpass shows "Recall Needed" and when you dig down into that menu it says "Partially updated". Also I note the recall email and website notice implies it usually won't auto-update from your home wi-fi. Yesterday it happened again when off road. I called my dealer and will get them to do it. I believe MOST people will show "Up to Date" if you click that screen on your Bronco....but will still need the fix.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I had this recall supposedly done last week and went wheeling this morning and itā€™s most certainly still doing it.

This was in neutral - but, you get the point. Safety first. It wouldnā€™t revert to CarPlay until I went into 4H (or presumably 2H).

Ford Bronco Recall: Rearview Camera issue fix coming via OTA over-the-air software update D52BE84B-0E3F-4223-BFCC-C1BB00152CE1
And thanks to the "new" recall issued yesterday, we now know why (and why my dealer said there wasn't an update available to push to mine over FDRS):

Ford Bronco Recall: Rearview Camera issue fix coming via OTA over-the-air software update 1678814843141

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And thanks to the "new" recall issued yesterday, we now know why (and why my dealer said there wasn't an update available to push to mine over FDRS):

Ford Bronco Recall: Rearview Camera issue fix coming via OTA over-the-air software update 1678814843141
Yeah the other recall has been on hold for a while due to software and programming issues.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah the other recall has been on hold for a while due to software and programming issues.
Anyone get this update installed at the dealer (before they put a halt to it due to bad programming?).

BTW - this TSB cannot be done OTA. It has to be done at the dealer.

I got it done January 12 and Iā€™m having some issues Iā€™m trying to solve - perhaps unrelated - but, Iā€™d like to rule this out.

There has since been an advanced notice that there will be a new update - but, the programming isnā€™t available yet.

delynn.gibson

Outer Banks
First Name
Delynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outerbanks and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My blue 2 door at off roadeo did this for a while in 4L and I really liked it šŸ˜‚
When I put my 2022 Wildtrak in 4L it shows the front camera and the 360 for trail placement which I assume that is normal so you can see what is directly in front closer to the vehicle than what is visible because of the hood.
It only happens in 4L for me.
You might go out and put it in 4L and see that it is the front camera and not the rear. This is for trail placement for your tires that you cannot see because of the hood. Let me know if that is what it was please so Iā€™m not putting out bad info.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You might go out and put it in 4L and see that it is the front camera and not the rear. This is for trail placement for your tires that you cannot see because of the hood. Let me know if that is what it was please so Iā€™m not putting out bad info.
I donā€™t have front cameras. They fixed this though - the OTA update was announced in October and pushed over the past few weeks. Tested and working as it should now.
Sponsored