Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received the letter. I have two main questions:
1. Can I wait this out for a year or more, scratch up my original MIC (with stuff that I put on top of it, or those times I fling the front panels into the tumbleweed) and then swap it later, only when they have perfected the manufacturing technique after 75K builds?
2. On second thought... In 2061, will "2021 Bronco 2-door with OG MIC Roof" command a $15K premium?
I hate it when someone uses a year that I will in all likelihood be dead. Of course there is a remote possibility I could still be alive.
Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reads the same way I hear a gate agent telling me the flight is canceled due to weather, when I over heard another gate agent say they dont have the pilots on site.

either way, I hope they move up the hard top deliveries for those of us that had to switch to softies.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I received the letter. I have two main questions:
1. Can I wait this out for a year or more, scratch up my original MIC (with stuff that I put on top of it, or those times I fling the front panels into the tumbleweed) and then swap it later, only when they have perfected the manufacturing technique after 75K builds?
2. On second thought... In 2061, will "2021 Bronco 2-door with OG MIC Roof" command a $15K premium?
I'm in no rush to have it changed out. Doesn't leak or squeak. Ford and the dealer can practice on others for awhile.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Letters for the MIC top replacement have been getting out, I got mine today. They are very adamant stating that the MIC tops are being replaced purely on cosmetic attributes

Ford Motor Company.jpg
I got the same letter, called my dealer and they didn't know what I was talking about. They also had no idea about the customer satisfaction program of giving up to $1000 worth of...something. Now I have to try to call Ford and get them to contact the dealer or...I don't know.

Sponsored

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would like to know what’s the issue with the glass they mention replacing. I haven’t heard of problems with the glass.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So they are sending out actual letters? This seems like a waste of time and resources. I woulda been just fine with an email update……

At least they are trying I suppose……
Regular Mail qualifies as Legal notification, emails do not.
It's just lawyers checking boxes nothing to see here.

Brwn79bronco

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06mustang 99f250 79bronco 79f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens to the old tops?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, its always nice to get a Valentine card from the mothership....but this don't sound like the one I'm waiting for. Ford said:

"Your Bronco is built, but unfortunately, we're having appearance and quality issues with the hardtop roof and it needs to be replaced. As a result, your delivery timing will be delayed. We will prioritize replacement of hardtops on the oldest units first and will send you an email with more detailed timing updates based on your VIN in September
Not sure if you had a vehicle affected by the Takata airbag recall. I had two cars affected. The time between when I received the official recall notice and the time the replacement parts were available to affect the repair was more than two and a half years. Another month or two should be tolerable I would think.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to know what’s the issue with the glass they mention replacing. I haven’t heard of problems with the glass.
since they "retooled" the top they probably don't fit correctly

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Letters for the MIC top replacement have been getting out, I got mine today. They are very adamant stating that the MIC tops are being replaced purely on cosmetic attributes

Ford Motor Company.jpg
Haha letter is dated August without a specific date, but Ford didn't even hit that mark. For a letter. *sigh*

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Called the dealer today, 17 Sep 21, for a follow-up. Guess what was said...."we don't know anything about this 21B49 customer satisfaction program, the vin is not showing in the recall system".

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone actually gotten their top replaced yet? I got a letter saying my dealer has parts to replace it but I am hesitant to get it swapped as I have had zero issues so far.
Sponsored