First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Pontiac Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have received both a text and an email from a salesperson at my chosen dealer that states that I need to submit my order by Friday (January 29th). I don't like to be rushed and this is so far my only interaction with this salesperson and dealer about my Bronco order. Not a good way to start in my opinion. I am under the impression that the order bank is open for all 21MY orders until March 19th? Am I mistaken? Beyond that, I am not sure if I will be able to place a 21MY order based on wanting a Wildtrak with the black modular hardtop. Am I correct at seeing a red flag with this dealership pushing me to place my order by this Friday?

Update: I responded via text to the salesperson and asked why the rush for Friday. The salesperson's response is, "We are trying to get all orders in so Ford knows our allocation. The quicker we get them in the better. If you want to wait, that is fine. Just may pose a delay for you."

Thoughts on how this sounds to anyone who has gone forward with a dealer would be appreciated. I don't feel like this is off to a good start. Again, rushing me immediately did not feel good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you hope to gain/achieve by delaying placing your order if you know what trim and features you want?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y
I have received both a text and an email from a salesperson at my chosen dealer that states that I need to submit my order by Friday (January 29th). I don't like to be rushed and this is so far my only interaction with this salesperson and dealer about my Bronco order. Not a good way to start in my opinion. I am under the impression that the order bank is open for all 21MY orders until March 19th? Am I mistaken? Beyond that, I am not sure if I will be able to place a 21MY order based on wanting a Wildtrak with the black modular hardtop. Am I correct at seeing a red flag with this dealership pushing me to place my order by this Friday?

Update: I responded via text to the salesperson and asked why the rush for Friday. The salesperson's response is, "We are trying to get all orders in so Ford knows our allocation. The quicker we get them in the better. If you want to wait, that is fine. Just may pose a delay for you."

Thoughts on how this sounds to anyone who has gone forward with a dealer would be appreciated. I don't feel like this is off to a good start. Again, rushing me immediately did not feel good.
You have till March 19 sounds like you might have to get ford involved sounds like another shady dealer or just switch dealers

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't They have allocation from reserves? lol. mine did.

OP
OP

ebjohnson

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Pontiac Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update... again: I asked if allocation was based on orders and not reservations. Salesperson's response was that "we can wait until March if I would like to" and that the dealer's allocation is "based on the order in which the reservation was submitted." and "The later you wait, the later it pushes it back." I thought that my place in line is based on my reservation timestamp. Salesperson also stated, "The closer to March, the more likely it will be a 22." Not sure what to make of it.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you want a Bronco? Work with them or they may take it as a no. Bad for you but good for me. This is the kind of move that will get a 7/29 holder a 21. Especially since I only want the soft top.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask him where it says the longer you wait, the later it pushes you back. All communications from Ford has stated you have until 3/19 to submit your order and it doesn't matter when the order is placed as your timestamp within your dealerships allocations will dictate when your build is scheduled.

Just some high more high pressure sales tactics to get you to convert.

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update... again: I asked if allocation was based on orders and not reservations. Salesperson's response was that "we can wait until March if I would like to" and that the dealer's allocation is "based on the order in which the reservation was submitted." and "The later you wait, the later it pushes it back." I thought that my place in line is based on my reservation timestamp. Salesperson also stated, "The closer to March, the more likely it will be a 22." Not sure what to make of it.
He's an idiot just like 99.9% of the dealers. Talk to the GM. See if he's an idiot as well. Tell him I said so. lolo

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask him where it says the longer you wait, the later it pushes you back. All communications from Ford has stated you have until 3/19 to submit your order and it doesn't matter when the order is placed as your timestamp within your dealerships allocations will dictate when your build is scheduled.

Just some high more high pressure sales tactics to get you to convert.
This is unbelievable. First we want Broncos, now we want to play games when the dealer calls to convert! No Bronco for You. Guaranteed I get a 21!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is unbelievable. First we want Broncos, now we want to play games when the dealer calls to convert! No Bronco for You!
What is unbelievable and who is playing games? So instead of seeking clarification he should just let his dealership mislead him and pressure him into submitting and order??

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my dealer contact me yesterday trying to talk me out of ordering the black painted hard top with my BD build. When I told him I wanted to submit my order as is he came back that he was told the top was not in the system...... I stuck to ordering as I wanted.
late last i seen my order was submitted and it appears to be minus the top. Not sure what’s up with this?Are the dealers just trying to convert as many orders as they can that they know will not be delayed?
I confirmed with dealerinside and I know the top can be ordered.

I’m sticking to my order as I want it!
Gotta drive in and do a face to face this morning.
Good luck

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is unbelievable and who is playing games? So instead of seeking clarification he should just let his dealership mislead him and pressure him into submitting and order??
Who cares why his dealer thinks he needs to order now. Does he want a Bronco! Then order the freakin thing!

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's cut and dry. Reservation time stamp declares spot in line, nothing else minus set backs, like.................EVERYTHING lol

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who cares why his dealer thinks he needs to order now. Does he want a Bronco! Then order the freakin thing!
This is some bad advice. No need to rush and order at all. Ford is still working the bugs out of the WBDO system and not all options are even showing up yet. Nobody gets any points for getting their order submitted first. If you (OP) have not already had the pricing talk with your dealer, do so and get everything agreed upon before you even think about placing your order. Also be sure to ask your spot inline and their estimated allocation number. Don't just order the freaking thing.

It's cut and dry. Reservation time stamp declares spot in line, nothing else minus set backs, like.................EVERYTHING lol
Agreed, and that is what I posted above, reservation timestamp within your dealerships estimated allocations.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is some bad advice. No need to rush and order at all. Ford is still working the bugs out of the WBDO system and not all options are even showing up yet. Nobody gets any points for getting their order submitted first. If you (OP) have not already had the pricing talk with your dealer, do so and get everything agreed upon before you even think about placing your order. Also be sure to ask your spot inline and their estimated allocation number. Don't just order the freaking thing.

Agreed, and that is what I posted above, reservation timestamp within your dealerships estimated allocations.
And so if your dealer bins your reservation because you want to play around, no crying. Guaranteed I get a 21 because of moves like this.
Sponsored