Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope, never said anything of the sort. My point is that his dealer called and said that they wanted him to order. Now he wants to argue that no, he doesn’t have to order yet. And the dealer is shitty why, because they thought he wanted a Bronco? Good grief, you guys can dick around all you want to, I’m good.
Here I'll hold the football for you Charlie Brown.
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you haven’t learned how to navigate “Sense of Urgency” with salespeople I don’t know what to tell you guys. Good luck feeling butt hurt all the time.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer is shitty because they are lying.

I ordered last week and my dealer was honest and helpful. Not everyone's is, and Ford is giving people the option to switch to a better one. But OP shouldn't switch because his shitty dealer is in a hurry for no particular reason? Sorry, I just can't get behind your victim-blaming.
Yes, they could be lying, or they could be ignorant to the facts. And if it is either, they could easily do more damage to the OP if he drags his feet. Yes, he should probably change dealers, yesterday.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update... again: I asked if allocation was based on orders and not reservations. Salesperson's response was that "we can wait until March if I would like to" and that the dealer's allocation is "based on the order in which the reservation was submitted." and "The later you wait, the later it pushes it back." I thought that my place in line is based on my reservation timestamp. Salesperson also stated, "The closer to March, the more likely it will be a 22." Not sure what to make of it.
Just a thought:

A) Your dealership has X Broncos allocated to them. Let's call it 20.

B) Dealerships have the option to:
1) Use time stamps to place orders
2) select any orders they wish to submit for the allocated number

C) Once submitted to Ford - Ford has said they are following time-stamps based off of availability of materials.

So how might this affect you?

1) If your dealership submits 45 orders, the first 20 based on time-stamp will get processed in MY2021, in which case waiting until March won't matter.

OR

2) dealership only submits their allocated 20 and the rest are on hold for MY2022 - in which case waiting until March may mean getting submitted AFTER the March 19th deadline.

I'm putting in mine tomorrow because I want to stop spending energy thinking about this. I know what I want. Let's just do this thing!

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought:

A) Your dealership has X Broncos allocated to them. Let's call it 20.

B) Dealerships have the option to:
1) Use time stamps to place orders
2) select any orders they wish to submit for the allocated number

C) Once submitted to Ford - Ford has said they are following time-stamps based off of availability of materials.

So how might this affect you?

1) If your dealership submits 45 orders, the first 20 based on time-stamp will get processed in MY2021, in which case waiting until March won't matter.

OR

2) dealership only submits their allocated 20 and the rest are on hold for MY2022 - in which case waiting until March may mean getting submitted AFTER the March 19th deadline.

I'm putting in mine tomorrow because I want to stop spending energy thinking about this. I know what I want. Let's just do this thing!
Well put.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you haven’t learned how to navigate “Sense of Urgency” with salespeople I don’t know what to tell you guys. Good luck feeling butt hurt all the time.
What are your tricks to get a good deal and not be pressured ?

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What do you hope to gain/achieve by delaying placing your order if you know what trim and features you want?
For the same reason I am delaying placing my order until early March, Ford continues to make updates to the B&P as well as adding additional accessories.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are your tricks to get a good deal and not be pressured ?
Know what you want.
Know what you want to pay.
There will be pressure but that’s ok.
Be willing to walk away.
Sponsored