Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, they understand... just looking to hit their order quota by month end. I have formally complained to Ford Marketing and they are working on manually switching my dealer for the order. I suggest calling them and switching dealerships... shame these few shady dealerships are giving others a bad name. Ford Marketing Center: (800)334-4375
I called last Wed (1/20) and had them move my reservation to a new dealer. The lady I spoke to said it would be transferred by Monday. As of today (1/27) my reservation has not changed yet on Ford.com. Why do they make this so hard?
Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Know what you want.
Know what you want to pay.
There will be pressure but that’s ok.
Be willing to walk away.
The issue is your last statement....not many are willing to walk away. Especially from this new and unique vehicle. Puts us at a disadvantage at the bargaining table

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The issue is your last statement....not many are willing to walk away. Especially from this new and unique vehicle. Puts us at a disadvantage at the bargaining table
Not specific to the Bronco but I’ve noticed it’s the 2 extremes. Some people won’t walk away and others will walk away over any perceived slight without trying to discuss and negotiate.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update... again: I asked if allocation was based on orders and not reservations. Salesperson's response was that "we can wait until March if I would like to" and that the dealer's allocation is "based on the order in which the reservation was submitted." and "The later you wait, the later it pushes it back." I thought that my place in line is based on my reservation timestamp. Salesperson also stated, "The closer to March, the more likely it will be a 22." Not sure what to make of it.
Load of balonga.

Find a more competent / less shady dealer.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It sounds to me like the dealer was a bit mixed up, but is trying to get it all together after reading some of the later communications. OP, through this forum you can find exactly how things should go. Then just explain to your dealer what you found. Maybe that will get things back on track. With Ford's directions being as clear as mud this dealer certainly isn't the first to get things out of whack. Good luck.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I see priority code 99 on your order.
I believe that is a do not build code number, so probably a code for my 22...
That's right - I asked to be forced into my22

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called last Wed (1/20) and had them move my reservation to a new dealer. The lady I spoke to said it would be transferred by Monday. As of today (1/27) my reservation has not changed yet on Ford.com. Why do they make this so hard?
800-334-4375 = should be instantaneous transfer if it is still a reservation. If it was converted to order it could take some time.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not specific to the Bronco but I’ve noticed it’s the 2 extremes. Some people won’t walk away and others will walk away over any perceived slight without trying to discuss and negotiate.
So next week I am scheduled to walk into dealer with printout of my b&p to go through with order. What kind of wiggle room do I have to with them to and try to knock a few grand of b&p price? Or because it’s in high demand, is it take b&p price or leave it ?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So next week I am scheduled to walk into dealer with printout of my b&p to go through with order. What kind of wiggle room do I have to with them to and try to knock a few grand of b&p price? Or because it’s in high demand, is it take b&p price or leave it ?
What are you hoping to pay? What’s the most your’re willing to pay? What’s it worth to you to stay local for the convenience?
There are examples on the forum for $1k under invoice, invoice, MSRP, and $5k over invoice so it’s not a “take it or leave it” market.

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are you hoping to pay? What’s the most your’re willing to pay? What’s it worth to you to stay local for the convenience?
There are examples on the forum for $1k under invoice, invoice, MSRP, and $5k over invoice so it’s not a “take it or leave it” market.
What’s the best strategy to negotiate price on high demand suv with a massive waiting list? Open to suggestions

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have received both a text and an email from a salesperson at my chosen dealer that states that I need to submit my order by Friday (January 29th). I don't like to be rushed and this is so far my only interaction with this salesperson and dealer about my Bronco order. Not a good way to start in my opinion. I am under the impression that the order bank is open for all 21MY orders until March 19th? Am I mistaken? Beyond that, I am not sure if I will be able to place a 21MY order based on wanting a Wildtrak with the black modular hardtop. Am I correct at seeing a red flag with this dealership pushing me to place my order by this Friday?

Update: I responded via text to the salesperson and asked why the rush for Friday. The salesperson's response is, "We are trying to get all orders in so Ford knows our allocation. The quicker we get them in the better. If you want to wait, that is fine. Just may pose a delay for you."

Thoughts on how this sounds to anyone who has gone forward with a dealer would be appreciated. I don't feel like this is off to a good start. Again, rushing me immediately did not feel good.
The dealership I was working with told me I had
I have received both a text and an email from a salesperson at my chosen dealer that states that I need to submit my order by Friday (January 29th). I don't like to be rushed and this is so far my only interaction with this salesperson and dealer about my Bronco order. Not a good way to start in my opinion. I am under the impression that the order bank is open for all 21MY orders until March 19th? Am I mistaken? Beyond that, I am not sure if I will be able to place a 21MY order based on wanting a Wildtrak with the black modular hardtop. Am I correct at seeing a red flag with this dealership pushing me to place my order by this Friday?

Update: I responded via text to the salesperson and asked why the rush for Friday. The salesperson's response is, "We are trying to get all orders in so Ford knows our allocation. The quicker we get them in the better. If you want to wait, that is fine. Just may pose a delay for you."

Thoughts on how this sounds to anyone who has gone forward with a dealer would be appreciated. I don't feel like this is off to a good start. Again, rushing me immediately did not feel good.
Tell them you have until mid march to convert your reservation.

Ford already knows what your dealership's allocation is, since Ford already set the allocation for the dealership. This just the dealership trying to pressure you!

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What’s the best strategy to negotiate price on high demand suv with a massive waiting list? Open to suggestions
Your leverage is that it’s not a waiting list. It’s your reservation and you have the ability to use it at any dealership you choose.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find some dealers with a deal that you are happy with, invoice or below invoice. walk in to your dealership with the printout of to deal other dealerships are offering. Use that along with your timestamp and be willing to walk away and change dealers. Your dealer wants your business high demand or not. If doesn't care either way then your dealer does not deserve your business.
Sponsored