First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
base will give you the gas mileage and do everything you should need...I have a badlands but in going to play in the snow sand and play on small rocks

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with most on here. Just get the Big Bend and upgrade to the rear locker with 4.27 gears. I now see that also requires the Auto transmission. Depends if you want manual or auto I guess.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with most on here. Just get the Big Bend and upgrade to the rear locker with 4.27 gears. I now see that also requires the Auto transmission. Depends if you want manual or auto I guess.
You can go manual with 4.46 gears and a locker. Going to BD would give you advanced 4x4 but the extra weight would hurt mileage. Run some Nokian Hakkapeliittas for the winter.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
to admit I'm doing N-O rock climbing, NONE ..... I'm ONLY concerned with heavy snow, mileage and driving in sand when I surf fish.....

which trim level should I start researching ?

appreciate it ?
basesquatch

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond. MGV with locking rear diff would be my choice Although any of the trims would likely work just fine.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond, 2.3 w/ 7MT

StormtrooperS225

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say BD thats what I am going with because spring mud is in abundance where I live

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

basesquatch
He won't need the front locker, narrower tires are noticeably better in the snow, and dedicated winter tires are readily available in the 32" sizes.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any trim is fine.

If you're concerned with the Base being sufficient: On road in light snow, the base tires are actually better for less than 12" of the white stuff on road, being narrower and made for the road . The AT's in every other model are far superior for deep snow or off-road and for sand, but this one tiny category, my HT Bridgestone Duelers are better. (That doesn't mean I'll buy another set.)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You all have completely missed the obvious (and correct) answer. The only suitable Bronco for the OP's situation is quite clearly the Bronco Raptor.

In all seriousness, for me personally, I would probably go with the OBX 2 door (MIC Top by default) advanced 4x4, rear locker, non-sasquatch, and lux package (with that heated steering wheel and seats for winter).

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally like the Badlands for the washout floors. In NC there is a lot of sand. We live on what they call Sand Hills and we beach a lot. This also comes in then Black Diamond. Just don’t upgrade to leather seats if you choose the Badlands. They change it to carpet. If this is a daily driver, the Badlands has all the features for what your asking about. It’s designed as the off road model of the Bronco in my opinion. It’s also has the bells and whistles of the upper models. I personally did the Sasquatch on mine. Had no intention of doing a lift or custom wheels. I added winch for self recovery and rest of my mods are for my style and comfort.
Ford Bronco Recommend a trim level for heavy snow, mileage and driving in sand 8AE291D2-2DC7-456E-ABA9-88EC3ABCCB99
Sponsored