Sponsored

Recommend SoCal dealer for 2021 Bronco? (MSRP or below and accepts Xplan)

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For clarification and not being prejudicial here but $1000 under invoice is the best value X plan will be at or just above invoice...
However Zach (the owner of Granger Ford) decided today that we are going to do the $1,000 under invoice and an additional $300 off for x-plan.

Let's call that xplan plus.
Sponsored

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This post made me think twice about buying out of state unless we're talking exceptional savings:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cations-for-the-masses.2296/page-3#post-74249
LOL, that was my post and oddly enough was intended to show how easy the process really is. Essentially, just make sure to have the inspection form done and the SMOG check and then the only bad thing is that you have to go to the DMV to pay your sales tax and registration. Honestly, not so bad and I'm afraid to admit that I've done this about a half dozen times over the past 10 years or so.

Nice that some CA dealerships are saying MSRP without mark-ups but why can't there be at least one to have the balls to man-up and match or best the $1000 under invoice offers we see out of state. I'm looking forward to the flight to Iowa and the leisurely drive back across the US in a new Bronco.

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, that was my post and oddly enough was intended to show how easy the process really is.
I have no interest in flying out of state to drive the car back. So with a transport fee of ~$1200 and the hoops to get the car registered in CA paying $1k under invoice isn't incentive enough.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have no interest in flying out of state to drive the car back. So with a transport fee of ~$1200 and the hoops to get the car registered in CA paying $1k under invoice isn't incentive enough.
I completely get it, no worries. I WANT to patronize Granger with my business and the drive home is a perk and not a chore in my situation. As I said as much in a previous post, be careful out there with CA dealers. Talk is cheap. Get everything in writing. MSRP is one thing - but them make sure that there is also no compulsory add-ons.

By plan, at launch, Ford will have an entire suite of accessories available for the Bronco - frankly similar to what Jeep had with the launch of the JL and Gladiator. They're not stupid and the aftermarket is BIG business and both Ford and the dealerships will want a piece of this.

I can just see the communications occurring RIGHT NOW between the dealerships and Ford. Ford would like the dealerships to all stick to MSRP (to mitigate all of the dealership changes, etc) and I'm sure Ford is telling them that they'll have a lot of opportunity to build profit margins with accessories. There's simply no doubt in my mind that MANY dealerships nationwide will be at MSRP but will have numerous compulsory add-ons.

To wit, just look at another hot car on the market right now - the Honda Civic Type R. It is a rare car that enjoys MSRP + for at least 2-years running (supply & demand), but MANY dealers adding nonsense add-ons at crazy prices.... but advertising "MSRP".

Be careful out there. Get MSRP and NO ADD-ONs in writing and you will save yourself a lot of grief later on.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Plenty of options in SoCal, you will not have to go out of state unless you did not make a reservation.

Roger Hewson

Black Diamond
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord 2019 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in Koreatown. I placed my reservation at Galpin. I have bought a Mazda and my Accord from them. I have been meaning to send them a email about x plan and pricing. They emailed me the day after I made my reservation on the 17th of last month. I would like to find a California dealer who is offering below invoice so I can go to Galpin and see if they are willing to match the price. They were super aggressive with both of the cars I purchased from them. They were not brand new super popular models either.

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am in Koreatown. I placed my reservation at Galpin. I have bought a Mazda and my Accord from them. I have been meaning to send them a email about x plan and pricing. They emailed me the day after I made my reservation on the 17th of last month. I would like to find a California dealer who is offering below invoice so I can go to Galpin and see if they are willing to match the price. They were super aggressive with both of the cars I purchased from them. They were not brand new super popular models either.

Galpin told me Xplan is accepted

Sponsored

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called Galpin, one guy said Xplan if it's available and no ADM
Other guy so no Xplan and likely ADM.

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called Galpin, one guy said Xplan if it's available and no ADM
Other guy so no Xplan and likely ADM.
We're all going to have to get commitments in writing prior to the dealer lock in date. Anything they tell you over the phone is worthless.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're all going to have to get commitments in writing prior to the dealer lock in date. Anything they tell you over the phone is worthless.
That and unless you talk directly a sales manager, GM, etc I think most the sales guy are less educated about this truck and the release than us (nutballs) on Bronco6G!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone – I thought it would be easy to just start a thread, that I might tell others about my great experience in CHANGING DEALERS. After I put down my thoughts, I returned to bronco6g to find that there are numerous threads, regarding “looking for a good dealer” and several other related conversations. I’m hoping it doesn’t bore anyone, but I will paste this conversation into each of the similar threads.

Anyhow, I’m happy to have made my decision to move my reservation to Eric Bunch, at Kearney Mesa Ford! I’ve also gotta tell you that I don’t work for Ford and I’m not an employee at any level, at Kearney Mesa… I’m just feeling proud to have FINALLY found what I believe is a quality human, in this world of car sales. Eric comes across as extremely knowledgeable in the Bronco product line, honest, and not afraid to commit in writing to anything that he tells you.

I've called 8 Southern CA dealers, and the only one that would commit to no ADM's and that they will accept X Plan at their dealership, AND put it in writing before I made a change, was Eric (Kearney Mesa Ford). NO ONE ELSE WOULD PUT IT IN WRITING!!! You can get your service anywhere, so why not make a great choice to change your delivery dealer to the only one in our area that will give you the peace of mind to know that no one will "forget" their commitment to you...

I live in Southern California, and after a bunch of searching and calling, I changed my dealer to Kearney Mesa, (just north of San Diego). The Internet Director there, confirmed everything he would do to get my business, with me. He will charge NO ADM's, and he will accept X Plan on the new Bronco. In my case (Badlands 2 Door, that's about $1400 discount from the Badlands MSRP). And hey, you can get Ford service, nationwide, so don't just commit to the closest dealer to your home.

Don’t accept all the stupid shid that the other Inside Sales Agents and Internet Sales Agents are telling you… and I think I’ve heard it all: “were working to get MSRP for all of our loyal customers;” “my manager thinks the X Plan will be available;” “there is a strong possibility that Ford will include the ___ Plan, but they haven’t told us yet” (it’s actually up to the dealership, not Ford); and the always interesting “we haven’t decided yet, but my manager says that there’s a good possibility that…“ You gotta know that if you accept this kind of stuff, that: 1) your azz is hanging out, and you will be solely at their mercy after October 31 (the last date that you can change dealers). You need to get an agreement in writing from a Manager or Director at that dealership… or you’ve got NOTHING!

Even if you don’t qualify for Plan discounts, call this guy. Talk to this guy. Listen to his open and honest approach to selling you a Bronco. Ask for his commitment of anything that you agree on, in writing… and you will get it. I did, and many of my forum friends have also switched their dealer to Eric at Kearney Mesa Ford.

I strongly recommend talking to Eric, and I include his contact information (below). Tell him I sent you, and maybe I'll get a free key chain!!! ? CALL HIM ON MONDAY!!!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00
858-560-5544 ext 1013
Sponsored