Sponsored

Recommend SoCal dealer for 2021 Bronco? (MSRP or below and accepts Xplan)

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord
Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00
858-560-5544 ext 1013
Well said....

In my conversations with him, he appeared sincere, open and honest in his approach...

Great one to get the Bronco from in Cali..
Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said....

In my conversations with him, he appeared sincere, open and honest in his approach...

Great one to get the Bronco from in Cali..
Thanks,

Hey Albert, if you ever need to put something together for a customer -- how to change dealers -- just use or modify this page that I've posted elsewhere!

Call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English; Opt 3 Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

Edit

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After October, youre stuck with the dealership that you've chosen and they can charge what they want. You only start to officially negotiate a price when you can build and order, which is December.

However, if they offer X-plan on other vehicles at their dealership then they have to honor it with the bronco too. Which in that case, youre getting it for around MSRP. Ford confirmed Bronco is an X-plan eligible vehicle so dont let someone tell you "we dont know if it applies to Bronco".

Simple answer, find a dealership that offers X-plan for any of their vehicles. And join X-plan.

This is information from Ford directly, I just got off the phone with the plans team. Very helpful. Please call and confirm for yourself.

This is all new to me, Im posting the information I got from my research, but please correct me if you've heard otherwise.

Sponsored

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks,

Hey Albert, if you ever need to put something together for a customer -- how to change dealers -- just use or modify this page that I've posted elsewhere!

Call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English; Opt 3 Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

Edit
Hi all! I am new to this forum and very excited joining this community!

I can confirm the instructions that Daniel provided is correct if you want to switch dealers. I switched dealers two days ago (prior to joining this forum) because of the horrible customer service I received by the internet manager from my previous dealer.

I live in So Cal and had I known about your experience with Eric at Kearny Ford, I would have switched to Kearny Ford (I dont mind driving 1.5 hrs). Unfortunately, I believe I can only make a switch once so I might be out of luck, unless I do away with the reservation and wait until 2022.

I've been reading a few posts and came across ADM and XPlan and I have no idea what that is lol. If anyone would care to explain what AMD or Xplan is, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and nice to meet everyone!!

Last edited:

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm right here with you in SCV brother. Let us know!
Me too. Still have my (early) reservation with Valencia and a second reservation with Granger. If nothing positive comes from Valencia, I will move it to Eric at Kearney Mesa or to Granger. I'm leaning strongly toward Granger as I am admiring EVERYTHING about them - save for the distance between us!

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been reading a few posts and came across AMD and XPlan and I have no idea what that is lol. If anyone would care to explain what AMD or Xplan is, that would be greatly appreciated!

ADM standard for "Additional Dealer Markups".

X-plan is one of Ford's discount plans that lay out a specific price formula for vehicles (meaning fixed price, no negotiation necessary, assuming the dealer choose to honor the plan pricing). X-plan is the most accessible to the average Joe. X-plan is available to employees of affiliated companies, to Ford share holders, as well as member of certain organizations (Mustang Club of America is one common example, everyone can join for a fee). Google for the specifics.

One would be eligible for other plans ONLY by being employed by ford, by being a relative of someone employed by ford, etc. So you are either eligible or you are not, no easy way to change that.

That's why you see x-plan mentioned a lot more than other plans.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can confirm the instructions that Daniel provided is correct if you want to switch dealers. I switched dealers two days ago (prior to joining this forum) because of the horrible customer service I received by the internet manager from my previous dealer.

I live in So Cal and had I known about your experience with Eric at Kearny Ford, I would have switched to Kearny Ford (I dont mind driving 1.5 hrs). Unfortunately, I believe I can only make a switch once so I might be out of luck, unless I do away with the reservation and wait until 2022.

I've been reading a few posts and came across AMD and XPlan and I have no idea what that is lol. If anyone would care to explain what AMD or Xplan is, that would be greatly appreciated!

ADM’s are additional mark-ups that many dealers might require you to purchase, like window etching, window tint, pinstripes, additional security systems, etc., just to get additional FREE money from you. It amounts to actually charging over MSRP, in many cases.

The X Plan is a plan that Ford will accept (but not all dealers will accept it) for non-employees to qualify for a discount. The discount can be small, in the case of a Base Bronco (about $400) or large in the case of a Wildtrak (about $1900), with other models falling in-between those values (plus another about 10% on options).

Most people claim to go the easiest way, by joining the MCA (Mustang Club of America) for a cost of $25/yr or to just buy at least 100 shares of Ford stock to keep for at least 6-months.

if you need anything else, let me know!

Last edited:

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks @acetdeucy and @peta8368! I have gone and joined MCA and I'm assuming my PIN is my MCA membership #? A few more questions if you dont mind:
  • Regarding the discount on the XPlan:
    • I found this post and saw the section for 4DR and I wasnt sure if that was for Bronco 4DR or Bronco Sport (my reservation) or both?
    • Does getting the XPlan discount ensures that I am getting the best price possible (considering I'm not part of any other Plans)? So that means I dont have to negotiate for a better deal?
  • I read on this post that listed dealers whether they accept XPlan and ADM for the 2021 Bronco. I found a dealer near me that doesnt charge ADM and accepts XPlan, though i've already switched dealers once. Would I be able to reserve another bronco and choose a different dealer under my same Ford account? Or should I cancel my current reservation and create another Ford account and reserve again but choose the correct dealer this time?
Thanks again for all your help!

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @acetdeucy and @peta8368! I have gone and joined MCA and I'm assuming my PIN is my MCA membership #? A few more questions if you dont mind:
  • Regarding the discount on the XPlan:
    • I found this post and saw the section for 4DR and I wasnt sure if that was for Bronco 4DR or Bronco Sport (my reservation) or both?
    • Does getting the XPlan discount ensures that I am getting the best price possible (considering I'm not part of any other Plans)? So that means I dont have to negotiate for a better deal?
  • I read on this post that listed dealers whether they accept XPlan and ADM for the 2021 Bronco. I found a dealer near me that doesnt charge ADM and accepts XPlan, though i've already switched dealers once. Would I be able to reserve another bronco and choose a different dealer under my same Ford account? Or should I cancel my current reservation and create another Ford account and reserve again but choose the correct dealer this time?
Thanks again for all your help!
Don’t cancel your current order, unless it’s pretty new, like in the last week or two; otherwise, you will reenter at the bottom of the reservation list. If you are at the bottom of the list anyhow, you might want to reserve again, and tall to @AlbertAtgrangermotors to get his volume price, for October. He is selling as a VOLUME dealer, for this new Bronco, and he is offering an October only special at, I think, $2000 under invoice. Call him tomorrow and let him know you heard about him on bronco6g.

if you’re keeping your current reservation, with a number that starts with 101, 102, 103, or 104, then I hope to recommend @EricatKearneyMesaFord. He has been great with all of the CA people, from north to south.

Last edited:

Viking_77

Raptor
First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2022 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Encinitas Ford guaranteed MSRP to me on the phone, and if you go to the Bronco section of their website it says they're also accepting XPlan. The dealer near me in Temecula didn't have any idea about markups and Lake Elsinore said they were sold out, which didn't make much sense to me. Ended up reserving with Encinitas, the lady on the phone was super nice.
Are they really offering the xplan?

Viking_77

Raptor
First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2022 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I've been reading a few posts and came across ADM and XPlan and I have no idea what that is lol. If anyone would care to explain what AMD or Xplan is, that would be greatly appreciated!

What is kearny Mesa offering?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they really offering the xplan?
Yes. Both Encinitas and Poway claim to accept the X plan and they’re both closer to me than Kearny Mesa. My problem was that when I asked for their commitment, in writing from a Manager, everything went silent from both of them. I wanted to just stop all the bullxxxx, so I finally went with Eric, at Kearny Mesa. I can get service, ANYWHERE!!!

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Galpin and Southbay Ford gave me verbals on MSRP but sounded uncertain on Xplan.
Sponsored