Sponsored

Recommended eastern PA dealers for ordering?

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like probably a million other folks I'm thinking of putting in an order and getting in line when the order banks open up next week.

Thought I'd see if anyone had recommendations for good experiences with mid or eastern PA dealers recently on orders. I was using the larger dealer thread, but it seems like some of the info is very outdated there based on talking to dealers recently.

Chapmans is fairly local and I know they have a great rep, but I'd imagine there's probably already TONS of orders placed with them.

Thanks!

Todd
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s western pa, but I had a great experience ordering from Shultz harmar. 10.5 months from order to delivery even though I had mic, high, and towing ;)

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Priot to finding a 2022 in inventory in Michigan (and driving home), I chat with Peter Tombrakos at Gilboy Ford. Peter was great to work with and they would honor the MSRP of an order, but banks never opened prior to my find.

holo37

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered mine through Ciocca Ford in Quakertown 18 months ago and have had the Bronco for a year. No ADM and the process went as smooth. There currently is a Race Red 2 Door Wildtrack on the lot if you don't want to wait.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pacifico Ford in Philadelphia, if you live near the city. No ADM and a smooth experience all around.

Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like probably a million other folks I'm thinking of putting in an order and getting in line when the order banks open up next week.

Thought I'd see if anyone had recommendations for good experiences with mid or eastern PA dealers recently on orders. I was using the larger dealer thread, but it seems like some of the info is very outdated there based on talking to dealers recently.

Chapmans is fairly local and I know they have a great rep, but I'd imagine there's probably already TONS of orders placed with them.

Thanks!

Todd
I'm looking at ordering through Chapman's too. Seem like they get a good amount so I figured it might be safe. Test drove a wild track and outer banks last weekend so likely ordering the wild trak. Hope to get it this year to avoid pricing changes but really in no rush. They currently have 3 wild traks on the lot but not spec'd the way I want unfortunately. Damn close, but not trying to turn this into a mod money pit like my current build.

OP
OP

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was pretty under-impressed with Chapman's based on the responses from them the last couple days. I asked them a few questions, asked about getting them my build info early etc. and I basically just got very generic ordering details, nothing specific and "We'll put you on the contact list and when ordering opens we'll follow up with you". I responded with a couple additional questions and asked about getting them my order info in advance since it sounds like the order banks could close in just a couple days and I again just got a response back again saying they'll let me know when order banks open up.

A couple other dealers I contacted seemed willing to get all my info in advance to make sure my order was right, and make sure it went in early on the 27th, who knows how long the order banks will be open but some have suggested perhaps only a day or two tops. Since no one has been able to order for months it would not surprise me.

I'm also not in a rush, I know the model/options/trim I want is going to be constrained, but I'm not ordering a vehicle in a trim/options package I don't want just to get it faster.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was pretty under-impressed with Chapman's based on the responses from them the last couple days. I asked them a few questions, asked about getting them my build info early etc. and I basically just got very generic ordering details, nothing specific and "We'll put you on the contact list and when ordering opens we'll follow up with you". I responded with a couple additional questions and asked about getting them my order info in advance since it sounds like the order banks could close in just a couple days and I again just got a response back again saying they'll let me know when order banks open up.

A couple other dealers I contacted seemed willing to get all my info in advance to make sure my order was right, and make sure it went in early on the 27th, who knows how long the order banks will be open but some have suggested perhaps only a day or two tops. Since no one has been able to order for months it would not surprise me.

I'm also not in a rush, I know the model/options/trim I want is going to be constrained, but I'm not ordering a vehicle in a trim/options package I don't want just to get it faster.
The guy I have been talking to has been pretty responsive about it. He was the guy I met with at the dealership. I plan to pick his brain a couple more times leading up to the 27th. I also don't plan on settling/changing my mind based on availability at this point, I am pretty set on what I want and I don't plan on ordering something I don't want just to get it faster either. The real killer for me is being forced into carpet on a wild trak but based on how my current toy is setup, I want the go fast suspension for the longer trips/ fucking around in the pines with my son.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking at ordering through Chapman's too. Seem like they get a good amount so I figured it might be safe. Test drove a wild track and outer banks last weekend so likely ordering the wild trak. Hope to get it this year to avoid pricing changes but really in no rush. They currently have 3 wild traks on the lot but not spec'd the way I want unfortunately. Damn close, but not trying to turn this into a mod money pit like my current build.
I ordered with Chapman and they've been great. I expect delivery in a few weeks.
I would recommend them but they likely used their 2023 and some of their 2024 allocation to fulfill present orders..... they may have a hard time getting new orders filled for some time. Granger and SAC are in a similar position with allocations debited from 2024.
Make it a point to ask them about their allocation situation.

OP
OP

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I may just hold off till 24' orders open and re-evaluate, I'm not in a hurry. Most of the dealers I've talked to said it's unlikely I'd get what I want built in 23' with the constraints and I'm not going to order something spec'd around the constraints just to get a Bronco faster. Those that were more positive about putting an order in where also not surprisingly the ones that wanted deposits up front. Since there's no model year order transitions now, and no price protection, I see no incentive to put an order in to "get in line". Except that hopefully a good dealer will reserve you a spot in their allocations, but since none of the dealers will talk about their allocations or how far out a new order would be in those allocations even that's a crapshoot. My guess is the biggest dealers with the best reputations are "oversold" the worst.

Only 1 dealer out of probably 20 was willing to even talk about their allocation and all I could get out of them is what their allocation was, they would not discuss how "oversold" that allocation was at all. My guess is most are packing in as many orders as they can, and the last thing they want to do is have customers know how oversold they are and go somewhere else to place their order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Greatdark

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Passport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks!

Todd
Koch Ford

OP
OP

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting on Koch, I visited a couple of their dealers when I was 4-runner shopping a couple years ago, and was very turned off. They had by far the highest market adjustments of any other Toyota dealers. When I started Bronco shopping I avoided them due to the red flag of them having lots of on lot inventory and huge market adjustments.

Greatdark

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Passport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting on Koch, I visited a couple of their dealers when I was 4-runner shopping a couple years ago, and was very turned off. They had by far the highest market adjustments of any other Toyota dealers. When I started Bronco shopping I avoided them due to the red flag of them having lots of on lot inventory and huge market adjustments.
I ordered my bronco with them and signed an MSRP contract. Had no issues. You just have to be smart and not shop on the lot expecting MSRP anymore.
Sponsored