Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Like many, I am a FE reservation holder and awaiting my order to be built. As I am in limbo and MY22 order banks will be opening in nearly a month I'm reconsidering my FE reservation. If I decide to do this, I can convert my current order back to priority 99 correct and put me back in line for next years model? My current order has not received a production date. While I love the idea of owning a more rare bread of Bronco-MY21, LB, 2Dr, and FE I don't foresee myself putting this to the test as much as I would another trim and no Bronco deserves to be kept in it's stable-it needs to run wild! I read a similar post to this on BN which received a lot of backlash for reconsidering their FE order. I'm curious as to what will be offered for the MY22, will it be Heritage Edition, Green, that saddle wrapped interior? Of course none of us are aware but this sound enticing for me but we may soon find out.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Remember, on the sticker inside the door sill, the actual year and month will be printed there, you don't lose anything having a later delivery MY21, if anything, it's a benefit since you will have the latest production line improvements/changes. Still sucks to wait for your Bronco, but there is no significant downside other than the time you didn't already have to enjoy your vehicle, but waiting longer for an MY22 won't change that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only time I would switch to priority code 99 is if you are waiting for a particular option or feature that is not available currently. Code 99 is essentially the “do not build” code. Once you switch to it’ll be difficult to switch back to codes 10-19. (I think Ford’s regional reps have to change it at that point, but not 100% sure.)

Rather than doing that, I personally would do one of the following:
  • Just switch away from the FE trim and have your code switched to 19 (if it isn’t there already).
  • Put in a second reservation. Even if your FE is built, the First Edition Broncos are definitely going to hold their value. If your FE Bronco isn’t built by the time the 2022 options are released (should be mid-Sept), you can always switch your original order.

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for the sound advice. I agree with prior post, makes sense to go ahead with FE and then resale once other options become available. It will be interesting to see the value of these FE in the coming years.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the sound advice. I agree with prior post, makes sense to go ahead with FE and then resale once other options become available. It will be interesting to see the value of these FE in the coming years.
I just realized, you might not even be able to change it. I called to change from rapid red to lightning blue and I’m priority code 1 which means no changes. A huge batch of first edition are getting ready to schedule.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would commit small crimes for a LB 2 dr FE....

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just realized, you might not even be able to change it. I called to change from rapid red to lightning blue and I’m priority code 1 which means no changes. A huge batch of first edition are getting ready to schedule.
I hope so! I want a date…..

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The only time I would switch to priority code 99 is if you are waiting for a particular option or feature that is not available currently. Code 99 is essentially the “do not build” code. Once you switch to it’ll be difficult to switch back to codes 10-19. (I think Ford’s regional reps have to change it at that point, but not 100% sure.)

Rather than doing that, I personally would do one of the following:
  • Just switch away from the FE trim and have your code switched to 19 (if it isn’t there already).
  • Put in a second reservation. Even if your FE is built, the First Edition Broncos are definitely going to hold their value. If your FE Bronco isn’t built by the time the 2022 options are released (should be mid-Sept), you can always switch your original order.
Just learned I'm now a priority 10, according to dealer they expect it to get scheduled shortly!

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this juncture, there isn’t a soul on the planet that can state with 100% fact, what ,if any, new options Ford will have for MY22. Odds are, whatever new options they do add for MY22 will fall under assembly restraint. This thing is a giant mess.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At this juncture, there isn’t a soul on the planet that can state with 100% fact, what ,if any, new options Ford will have for MY22. Odds are, whatever new options they do add for MY22 will fall under assembly restraint. This thing is a giant mess.
I’d be willing to bet they’ll be so far behind from 2021 they won’t add anything new. Possibly a color or two.

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I hope so! I want a date…..
Call your dealer and ask what your priority number is. I just called and am at 10, they expect scheduling to occur soon.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call your dealer and ask what your priority number is. I just called and am at 10, they expect scheduling to occur soon.
Yeah priority code 10 is the top priority code a dealer can assign. Which essentially means you’re at or near the front of the line for your dealer. It doesn’t mean that your build will happen immediately or even in then near future. But good chance it’ll get built this year unless your dealer has already blown through their allocation for the year, or if Ford just simply doesn’t get the components it needs to build it.

Priority codes 1-9 are assigned by Ford themselves. Ford reserves those for show room models, important priority builds (such as the builds for the Bronco Off-Roadeo), or for rebuilds due to damage during shipment. They’re basically “cut the line” priority codes.