Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd like some wisdom.

I was going to wait for an aftermarket front and possibly rear bumper for my base Bronco but after looking into the pricing for ones that I only even kind of like, it's double or more than Ford's factory option HD mod bumper. I'm not that picky and don't have anything against it, I had just thought it might be fun to wait for an aftermarket one later on.

Assuming that the Ford one does its job similar to an aftermarket one, what advice do you have for me? Will there likely be less expensive but still quality bumpers or is it "you get what you pay for"? And that leads back around to asking if the Ford one is indeed well made and sturdy...

Not getting a winch, probably no lights other than fog lights.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s plenty sturdy and because you have no camera or sensor plate, there is no reason avoid it. Plus it looks rugged.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The current aftermarket alternatives aren’t very appealing, IMO. The mod bumper for $800 is a gift.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like some wisdom.
The internet is the perfect place for that... :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I'd get the modular bumper. It looks awesome, seems pretty HD to me, and you get it factory installed. And although there isn't much to go wrong with a bumper, compared to other elements of the vehicle, you get the warranty too.

Sure, there will be lots of aftermarket bumpers - Some might be cheap, lots will be super expensive... For what you listed it for, I would just get the mod bumper.

All the cool kids are doing it. Do you want to be cool too?

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm getting the mod bumper on mine and will change out the rear to the 4 wheel parts rear bumper. I like the look of the mod myself.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sticking with the mod bumper and crossing my fingers that Ford eventually sells the winch platform without warn winch

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Mod bumper on my 2 door BaseSasquatch looks clean. Nice rounded fit and finish. Plenty of bolt up points. You get the Bash plates too ( edit 9-25 ). On the 2 door the plates cover right up to the transmission.

Last edited:

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got it on my base and I dig it. Something about it works so well, especially on the base. Not sure how it will take an oops but looks magnificent! Gittyup!

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you guys. It seems like y'all are echoing my thoughts and I'm glad that it seems like it is FORD TOUGH ha.

I'll likely being modifying my order when the MY22 order banks open. Good to see that it is indeed a good bang for the buck. Why think about something when you can overthink it?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only real reason to NOT get the mod bumper is if you DO want a winch.

Otherwise I would go MOD for sure, and then add the HD protection plates if your trim allows it (because they are a bargain at $400)

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only real reason to NOT get the mod bumper is if you DO want a winch.

Otherwise I would go MOD for sure, and then add the HD protection plates if your trim allows it (because they are a bargain at $400)
Do you mean the included steel bash plate? It says it's included with the HD mod bumper.

97748470-7811-4C02-A496-DC5C0F6B7E4E.jpeg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you mean the included steel bash plate? It says it's included with the HD mod bumper.
No..I mean the undercarriage plates BD, BL come with full Protection. Others come with hardly anything. If you add the MOD you get the front steel bash plate instead of the plastic, but on some trims that opens up this choice... (In looking at the details, appears it is only Wildtrak that has this option..sorry, never looked at anything below BL so thought it was available on other trims)

Ford Bronco Reconsidering HD mod bumper over aftermarket Screenshot_20210926-062421_Chrome

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
No..I mean the undercarriage plates BD, BL come with full Protection. Others come with hardly anything. If you add the MOD you get the front steel bash plate instead of the plastic, but on some trims that opens up this choice... (In looking at the details, appears it is only Wildtrak that has this option..sorry, never looked at anything below BL so thought it was available on other trims)

Ford Bronco Reconsidering HD mod bumper over aftermarket Screenshot_20210926-062421_Chrome
Ah. No worries. I'll get that sorted out eventually, but you're right about it being unavailable for me. Thank you though.
Sponsored