Sponsored

Reconsidering model now that Sasquatch wont be manual?

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My original plan was base 2 door with Sasquatch package to have the most off-road capability out of the box with the least creature comforts (Most bang for buck). Now I don't know if I should be ready to shell out for the badlands, black diamond, wait to see what options are available, or accept an automatic.
Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going with a Badlands so I feel pretty good about its capabilities, although I am considering the V6 with the auto more than I was yesterday.

Ultimately, I'll probably stick with my gut and that says the manual.

OP
OP
clpray16

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going with a Badlands so I feel pretty good about its capabilities, although I am considering the V6 with the auto more than I was yesterday.

Ultimately, I'll probably stick with my gut and that says the manual.
I'm pretty dead set on manual as well, just price wise id be a lot more comfortable with the black diamond or optioned out base. As far as power compared to V6 it wont be long till tunes are out.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty dead set on manual as well, just price wise id be a lot more comfortable with the black diamond or optioned out base. As far as power compared to V6 it wont be long till tunes are out.
It's got more torque than my current rig so I'm not that worried, even without a tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
clpray16

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's got my torque than my current rig so I'm not that worried, even without a tune.
A little less torque than I have now but I know ill feel a lot better thrashing on a new one

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I'm torn all kinds of ways....really want to teach the daughter how to drive a manual in the new Bronco.....but I'll also have the refreshed 69 which WILL be a manual because, well, I'm building it myself. LOL

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking at the Ford.com spec sheet, it says the auto is standard in the 4 door. Does this mean no 7 spd is a no go on a any 4 door, any Sasquatch and all 2.7's?

Doesn't matter to me (2 door, auto, Sasquatch, 2.3) but must be a disappointment to many.

Last edited:
OP
OP
clpray16

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now I'm torn all kinds of ways....really want to teach the daughter how to drive a manual in the new Bronco.....but I'll also have the refreshed 69 which WILL be a manual because, well, I'm building it myself. LOL
I learned on my '73 haven't gone back to manual since just don't know if its time to part ways

Jcl78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser, 2016 Mustang GT PP1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will definitely be a lot of folks on the fence test driving the 2.7 with 10R80 that were previously set on the MT. The saving grace is that the 10R80 is a fantastic auto. Not sure what has been going on with the F150s, but the Mustang owners with the 10R80 rave about them.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will definitely be a lot of folks on the fence test driving the 2.7 with 10R80 that were previously set on the MT. The saving grace is that the 10R80 is a fantastic auto. Not sure what has been going on with the F150s, but the Mustang owners with the 10R80 rave about them.
Here's what bugs me about the loss of the manual Squatch....I'm only a light duty offroader, but the things I was able to do with a creepy crawly granny gear were astounding. I hate to see that go away. But really, the tech sheets are far from finished, so possibly this is all for naught. I hope.

Sponsored

Jcl78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser, 2016 Mustang GT PP1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's what bugs me about the loss of the manual Squatch....I'm only a light duty offroader, but the things I was able to do with a creepy crawly granny gear were astounding. I hate to see that go away. But really, the tech sheets are far from finished, so possibly this is all for naught. I hope.
Totally understand, the crawler gear is awesome. Even though I am set on the auto, I feel for all the manual folks. I really think had the MT been included across the board, there would be very few flaws with the reveal being discussed right now.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go with the badlands if it’s in your budget. With front and rear lockers, upgraded front axle, 4.70 gears, it’s an awesome platform for the MT. I don’t think you’ll regret it if your heart was set on the MT.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't affect me either way, I'm just excited to get what I'm gonna get

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any updates from ford if they will be changing their minds on offering the manual with the squatch
?
Sponsored