OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking of a BD w/Sasquatch and the factory Winch, but not sure if the front HD Mod bumper recovery points are the best choice? The rear has D rings, unsure if they attach to the bumper or the frame. Any thoughts on this?
Ford Bronco Recovery Points 1605207788335
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO, it appears that the front Ford Winch mount system and the associated tow hooks are mounted directly to the frame.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All we need now is a hidden winch mount that does not screw the trail camera view up.

Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm curious how easy it will be mount a winch, such as Apex Badland to the modular front bumper. No way I'm spending $2500 on the factory winch.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious how easy it will be mount a winch, such as Apex Badland to the modular front bumper. No way I'm spending $2500 on the factory winch.
Well it's $2500 for the winch AND the winch mount...which you'll need to mount any winch to that POS modular bumper.

Hopefully the winch mount get's sold separately at some point, and even better hopefully there is an aftermarket solution out not long after launch...and even better, hopefully there is nice aftermarket bumper that fixes all of these problems and still has sensor mount points....Boy that's a lot of hope...

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well it's $2500 for the winch AND the winch mount...which you'll need to mount any winch to that POS modular bumper.

Hopefully the winch mount get's sold separately at some point, and even better hopefully there is an aftermarket solution out not long after launch...and even better, hopefully there is nice aftermarket bumper that fixes all of these problems and still has sensor mount points....Boy that's a lot of hope...
I"m hoping at least that winch mount can be purchased separately.

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of a BD w/Sasquatch and the factory Winch, but not sure if the front HD Mod bumper recovery points are the best choice? The rear has D rings, unsure if they attach to the bumper or the frame. Any thoughts on this?
Ford Bronco Recovery Points 1605212214233
Hoping they offer a synthetic option, just like on their demo builds. Kind lame they are only offering steel cable.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Kinda hoping for one that mounts lower, so as to not block (at least as much) the forward facing camera.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there been any confirmation that a second rear tow hook will be available? I have only ever read that there is one on Ford's website and the pictures in Build and Price only show one as well, but on a lot of test mules there are two. I would think that anything with the steel rear should come with the second hook.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has there been any confirmation that a second rear tow hook will be available? I have only ever read that there is one on Ford's website and the pictures in Build and Price only show one as well, but on a lot of test mules there are two. I would think that anything with the steel rear should come with the second hook.
Once a hitch is installed, that should be the only point you need. Not having one available on the base is BS, but now that I know it's only a class II, just as well, I'd be going to go aftermarket to get a class III anyway...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ford Bronco Recovery Points 1605217400621
Sponsored