First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't use that rope except for things like ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles. A good recovery rope is on the list of things NOT to cheap-out with, you need something reliable when the chips are down. I suggest a good kinetic energy recovery rope rated at 25,000 lbs maximum breaking strength (MBS), 30 ft long. A proper rope should cost at least $100, but most good ones will run $200 - $300.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks! just ordered 2.
I use one around my property all the time.... pulling trees, logs, etc.
I'll keep one in my XJ for just-in-case.
Someday I'll have a Bronco to put one in....

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't use that rope except for things like ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles. A good recovery rope is on the list of things NOT to cheap-out with, you need something reliable when the chips are down. I suggest a good kinetic energy recovery rope rated at 25,000 lbs maximum breaking strength (MBS), 30 ft long. A proper rope should cost at least $100, but most good ones will run $200 - $300.
Seems strangely like the yankum I have on order...

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And remember, things made out of polyester are for towing. Things made with nylon are for yanking

For the price, this one is most likely polyester, but as other has sad it would work good in many situations to wrap around a tree or a rock etc. Just not sure if I would actually hook it to another vehicle.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks good, thanks, OP.

And for anyone interested in facts, no you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a recovery strap.

Ford Bronco Recovery strap sale at Home Depot E98B3065-77E5-4EF5-802D-C54EE350E65C

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good, thanks, OP.

And for anyone interested in facts, no you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a recovery strap.

Ford Bronco Recovery strap sale at Home Depot E98B3065-77E5-4EF5-802D-C54EE350E65C
Sure, the strap mentioned does have utility, and can be used in certain situations. Is just has limited use . . . if you really want the ability to "snatch" or "yank" a vehicle from a stuck position (which many times is really the only way to recover a vehicle), the strap you are talking about here is not recommended and can even be dangerous. A kinetic rope that stretches and can withstand the high-energy of a good yank is what would be needed, not just a simple tow strap.

Here is a reference for diameter and length of ropes for proper MTS using kinetics ropes, from Slingshot Ropes:
Kinetic.jpg

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless of what it is called, that is not a proper offroading kinetic rope recovery strap, and it would be very dangerous to use as a snatch strap. Snatch straps are round, not flat web, and are not polyester like this strap is.

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all ever heard the saying "You get what you pay for"? There is a reason quality recovery straps cost $200.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, these are all loose terms, not scientific nomenclature, and of course marketing on the part of Husky. This product CAN be called a "recovery strap" because in some situations one can indeed recover a stuck vehicle using it. However, most in the off-road community would probably refer to it more properly as a static tow strap that can be used for light towing or very basic recoveries . . . all good, I'm not trying to be difficult here. Just saying that in many off-road instances recovery will require a more robust recovery rope, with the kinetic type offering the most utility . Wouldn't want you to be out there wishing you hadn't spent $9 on a strap incapable of the recovery you need to get home safe.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love forums. People are going to argue about anything.

Nothing is even worth buying unless you get a 33 foot 771 Ton Samson Panther Recovery Sling. They are only $9,600. Small price to pay for being prepared.

RogueClimber

Wildtrak
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love forums. People are going to argue about anything.

Nothing is even worth buying unless you get a 33 foot 771 Ton Samson Panther Recovery Sling. They are only $9,600. Small price to pay for being prepared.
I wouldn’t look at this as arguing. More a chance to educate people about the differences between static and kinetic ropes/straps

Not understanding the difference could lead to a less that optimal outcome…

ETA: Here is a good description

https://www.dirtrenegade.com/blogs/...covery-tow-straps-snatch-straps-kinetic-ropes
Sponsored