Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Memorial weekend gave me an opportunity to take a little break. I couldn't decide where to go, so I let the weather dictate and Utah was the best choice for this weekend and it sure didn't disappoint.

My not-so planned plans were to leave LA and head to
Zion National Park
Bryce National Park
Capitol Reef National Park
Cayonlands National Park
Moab Sand Flats Recreation Area

Loaded.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_7294

Zion was the first stop and it was breathtaking. I'm not much of a hiker so I didn't spend much time in the park but did enjoy the sights, sounds and smells. Arrived early and got great parking. The first bus driver did try to fist fight me though... he must not have had his meds that morning. He waited for me at one of the stops to apologize, but I promptly told him to f' off back to his bus. The staff working there apologized and I moved on. I was hoping this wasn't setting the tone for the trip.

After that incident, I spent some time in Zion looking for endangered California condors with this volunteer who was using a special tracker. Very nice gentleman who gave me a private tutoring on the subject.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_7316

Next stop Bryce.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_7335-Pano

After that was Capitol Reef National Park.

In the park I took a dirt road to echo canyon when.... I got a flat. I had my power tools, but.... no sockets. I also hadn't purchased a jack yet. I tried using the scissor jack that comes with the truck, it was jacked up to the hilt and didn't seem very safe. Just then a couple of built rigs with Army officers showed up and gave me a hand changing the tire with their tools and badlands jack. I liked that very much lol.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_7353

Echo Canyon- yodelehihooo
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC06794-Pano

OHV area near Capitol Reef, met an Australian visiting and camping here. He was very intrigued by the Bronco, I explained to him how it was a much better Jeep, and we bitched about the GVWR and payload of my 2 door.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC06824-Pano

Getting into Moab off the freeway took an hour of waiting right here. Road crews doing construction.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab 70676275572__29C76D3D-689A-4674-83E6-1F0B399DA7FD

From there I went to Moab and secured my back country driving permit for the White Rim Road in Canyonlands. But not before I went to the tire shop in the morning and picked up a used KO2 as a spare, a bottle jack and a seat belt ticket exiting the gas station.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_7365

White Rim Road in Canyonlands National Park was a phenomenal drive, not technical, just beautiful. For such a busy weekend there was hardly anyone on the trail.

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC06898-Pano

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC06974-Pano

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC06995-Pano

I attempted to head down to the river along a route on the map, but sadly the end of the trail was flooded and the picnic area inaccessible.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC06950-Pano

On my way out, I found a very special overlook and decided to wait for sunset there.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC07007-Pano

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC07026-Pano

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC07041-Pano
Next stop was the Sand Flats Rec area. I got my overnight camping pass and went in and found the first trail right there. Hells Revenge! Now at this point I'm not really sure what I was thinking, i'de seen a trail review view on YouTube, but my brain didn't connect that this would be a fairly challenging trail. I aired down and made my way in. On the trail I took some bypasses, did some challenges, got lost a bit, clenched my butt very tight, and thanked my lucky stars that the bronco comes with a front camera. Without that camera there was no way i'de be able to do this alone.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC07060-Pano

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC07097-Pano

Made it to the river! I briefly and I mean briefly considered running Hells Gate, but then quickly nixed the idea. Maybe next time.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_7427
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_7424

Ran into an everglades owner who was kind enough to share the video of me and him near the end of the trail.

That night I randomly met a Bronco6g member at my overflow campsite and he suggested I run Fins and Things. Which is exactly what I did early next morning. I didn't have time to run the whole trail but ran the South side? before anyone hit the trails at 7am. This trail was the perfect early morning ride to cap off my weekend.

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC07127-Pano-2

On my way home, I drove through monument valley and finished up the 12+hours drive home, only to come to no hot water smh... cold wakeup back to reality.
Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab DSC07165-Pano
Sponsored

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a great trip, you really crammed a lot into a short time it sounds like.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a great trip, you really crammed a lot into a short time it sounds like.
When I travel solo I'm able to do that. No one wants to get up at the times I usually do lmao.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, looks like a phenomenal trip. Thanks for share some great photos 🤠

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was in Moab this weekend too! Unfortunately we didn’t cross paths!

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_3177

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_3177
I saw many more doors, wished we'd cross paths! Is that the midland ghost antenna you have on the front? I'm looking to upgrade my comm situation which is just a cheap handheld. I'll dig on the forums for some options.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yo! It was good meeting you on Saturday evening at camp! It's funny how Bronco owners are pretty friendly and the fact that you're on here makes it even better.

Glad you took the suggestion to do Fins 'n Things also. Next time you're in Moab you'll have to do the other half.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yo! It was good meeting you on Saturday evening at camp! It's funny how Bronco owners are pretty friendly and the fact that you're on here makes it even better.

Glad you took the suggestion to do Fins 'n Things also. Next time you're in Moab you'll have to do the other half.
Yeah, it's fantastic the community. Love it. It was great hanging out and chatting bronco stuff. I'm sure you could tell I was a bit eager to talk bronco lmao.

I'm also glad our neighbor finally decided to shut off that generator. smh.

MikeLank20

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger SRT, Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw many more doors, wished we'd cross paths! Is that the midland ghost antenna you have on the front? I'm looking to upgrade my comm situation which is just a cheap handheld. I'll dig on the forums for some options.
Yeah i saw quite a few around as well, only one other on the trail though.

Yes it is. I have the MX275 mounted in my glove box, and arm and magnetic mic, mounted into the grab handle.

IMG_2093.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah i saw quite a few around as well, only one other on the trail though.

Yes it is. I have the MX275 mounted in my glove box, and arm and magnetic mic, mounted into the grab handle.

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_2091

Ford Bronco Red Bandit goes to Moab IMG_2091
I really like where you have it mounted. Thanks for sharing.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @KT_bronco Glad to see you enjoyed the trip and crammed an insane amount of stuff in a short time!
I assume you went in on White Rim for a bit, watched the sunset, and left back out the way you came. The last half of it (past the Murphy's hogback campsites) gets more challenging than the 1st half (which really has zero challenge but beautiful scenery).
When you get the chance to go back, I cannot recommend enough to snag a Murphy's campsite and make a 2-day run of the whole trail.
Our next venture out west I hope to include Zion and Brice, eventually ending up over in Yosemite and the Pac coast.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @KT_bronco Glad to see you enjoyed the trip and crammed an insane amount of stuff in a short time!
I assume you went in on White Rim for a bit, watched the sunset, and left back out the way you came. The last half of it (past the Murphy's hogback campsites) gets more challenging than the 1st half (which really has zero challenge but beautiful scenery).
When you get the chance to go back, I cannot recommend enough to snag a Murphy's campsite and make a 2-day run of the whole trail.
Our next venture out west I hope to include Zion and Brice, eventually ending up over in Yosemite and the Pac coast.
Exactly, I came in through the main gate around 10:30am (had to get buy a spare tire in the morning) and made it down Lathrop Trail to get to the river and back up. Sadly this wasted an hour or so as the trail was flooded out. Went a bit further down White Rim to the first two campsites which I think is called airport? from there I drove a bit further but not too much and turned around.

On the trail I met a Ukrainian family who offered me their pass to camp at Murphy's (everything was booked up)but also mentioned it was another 20 miles away and at this point I decided to head back to the hotel that night and run Sand flats in the morning.

I absolutely want to run this whole trail, I also should have taken Potash Road to get in instead of through the visitor center, would have made it a bit more interesting. If someone is going to run this, hop in through Potash Road!
Sponsored