Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have them on my January blend 22 Basequatch
I'm now curious how I missed them. Probably because it was actually a December blend, that got stuck until Jan-Feb. Wonder if Ford is going to offer to replace the cap for those that request it due to the whistle?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
See, it's the little things like this help me cope with not having a new Bronco yet!

Seriously though, the small improvements, upgrades, and recalls add up over time and it's why I generally do prefer not buying brand new releases.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case you were wondering where this technology came from:

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Eyesore" might be a little extreme. They are tiny and black on black. I am willing to bet 90% of those on this enthusiast forum have never noticed if they have these or not. I know I never noticed.
Just noticed them because of this post haha

Sponsored

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Literally just picked up my '22 Big Bend Mid Package (4/19 blend) from the dealer last night where they were addressing the whistle. When I first called them about the sound (that sounded like it was at the base of the windshield on the driver side) they asked me to fold the mirrors in and then back out because that action had solved it for some.
Yesterday they told me that they had to do some insulating in/around the A-pillar on the driver side near the windshield. Last night and this morning there was no whistle at all.

kyle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a whistle around ~45mph, did the RTV trick but still persisted so figured it was whistling at the hard top. Now I want these mirror caps on my Big Bend 2021

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second time I’m seeing this today. Saw posted on FB these are the replacements to alleviate the whistling. But, what on earth would those little wings provide? Kind of an eyesore, no?
Ford Bronco Redesigned mirror caps with whistle reducing / eliminating strakes -- implemented by Mirror Whistling Fix TSB 1708f_pf_vg1_16x9

Boundary layer control. In the picture above, those little tabs are referred to as vortex generators.

You'd be surprised by how small changes in surface shape can affect aerodynamics and as a byproduct the resultant noise.

There's a reason why vehicle manufacturers put their designs in wind tunnels.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Redesigned mirror caps with whistle reducing / eliminating strakes -- implemented by Mirror Whistling Fix TSB 1708f_pf_vg1_16x9

Boundary layer control. In the picture above, those little tabs are referred to as vortex generators.

You'd be surprised by how small changes in surface shape can affect aerodynamics and as a byproduct the resultant noise.

There's a reason why vehicle manufacturers put their designs in wind tunnels.
And the bronco is a box with wheels.

Sponsored

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the bronco is a box with wheels.
You can understand that even on a box with wheels aerodynamics apply at both the macro and micro levels, right?

I.e. - macro: box on wheels. Not very aerodynamic.

Micro: radio antenna and side view mirror whistle. For the antenna, let's add some twist into it to affect air flow. For the side view mirrors, some vortex generators/strikes eliminate the whistling.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 3 stripes simply adjust the pitch of the wind whistle so that it’s too high for the human ear to perceive.

But it really annoys the dogs in your neighborhood…

MTIvaW1nLmpwZw.jpg
Sponsored