First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these dealers that bad? Never buy anything extra it’s always bs.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Laser etching what? lol ridiculous.
The windows, but I would be surprised if they're using a laser now and not a chemical. If your car is stolen, just consider it gone.

I can't believe they are still getting people with add-ons, lol

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Honda Civic Si, '20 Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They etch the VIN into different vehicle parts so that stealing and reselling or parting out a vehicle is not worth the thief's time if they have to replace or remove the VINs, so it's a theft deterrent. Perhaps has some merit but I always say no cause it makes me mad that they automatically include it for way more than it should be. If it was $30 then sure. $200-300, no way.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are ordering a bronco and they are saying your can't have it without them molesting it first?? WTF! I am a dealer in southern Indiana and we don't play those games. No add, no doc, no B/S. Tell them to stuff the etch and anything else they are trying to add on. Jesus, no wonder people hate dealers.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I discussed this with my dealer as a condition for me placing my reservation there. They said I could opt out of anything except the laser etching cause they absolutely do that on every vehicle For security reasons.

I said, “Good, and make sure they don’t do the laser etching either cause I’m not paying for that when you know it’s already sold to someone who doesn’t want that when it arrives.” They said okay. Haha.
I bought a car last January, and they tried slipping in a $400 laser etching charge. I said no thanks. First I had ever heard of it. Seems like gravy for the dealer.

Sponsored

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They etch the VIN into different vehicle parts so that stealing and reselling or parting out a vehicle is not worth the thief's time if they have to replace or remove the VINs, so it's a theft deterrent. Perhaps has some merit but I always say no cause it makes me mad that they automatically include it for way more than it should be. If it was $30 then sure. $200-300, no way.
VIN etching is a scam. Take it from a cop. Lol. If I’m checking a stolen vehicle I’m not looking at the window glass For anything other than fingerprints.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree! $20 gets you your VIN on every window and UV visible Vins in all your door jams if that is what you want. Ford needs to have a few words with these dealers and tell them to knock off the BS or no Ford Bronco allocations for them!

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

VIN etching is a scam. Take it from a cop. Lol. If I’m checking a stolen vehicle I’m not looking at the window glass For anything other than fingerprints.
LOL! Although some insurance companies give you a discount for doing it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am pretty sure Crossroads ford charges $699 as a dealer doc fee.

Just stay away from them.

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.

Yo_itsjimbo

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved with Huntersville Ford, they seem to be pretty straightforward and have a dedicated Bronco rep who seems to be on top of things.
Born and raised in Huntersville. Huntersville Ford has always treated me reasonably well both with sales and service.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
Tell them when you place your order: no add ons, no dealer stickers, nothing.

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL! Although some insurance companies give you a discount for doing it.
Maybe. But Mine doesn’t. They just want to know if it has a security system. Plus, if you leave it unlocked with the keys inside when it’s stolen (how most vehicles are stolen) that vin etching won’t matter much To insurance as they laugh at the police report. Lol

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe. But Mine doesn’t. They just want to know if it has a security system. Plus, if you leave it unlocked with the keys inside when it’s stolen (how most vehicles are stolen) that vin etching won’t matter much To insurance as they laugh at the police report. Lol
It has been a while since I asked USAA. They did last time because they considered it a "Passive" security system.

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nitrogen in a tire is such BS.. Regular air is already almost 80% nitrogen. There would be no benefit to that in an SUV (not to mention the first time you air down for offroading its gone). The only benefit is reduced moisture but even that only really matters for racing.
Worst example of this was when the BMW dealer tried to sell this to my wife and when she asked "will that explode" their response "dont worry its totally safe ....regular air is 95% nitrogen"...:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored