Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Tundra / 2016 Toyota SR5 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
I spoke with Dan Smith at University Ford in Durham NC and have an email stating they will be selling at MSRP & NO ADM
Sponsored

nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I recently bought, (ordered), a new power wagon and told the salesman I did not want it etched. He said OK. When I got to the finance girl she glossed over the fact that she wanted $300 for the etching. I told her to delete it and she said she that it was standard and she could not do it. I got up to walk away and and she said that " just for me she would bend the rule and delete it. Maybe it is because I am good looking, or maybe it is because I remind her of her grandfather.
Beside the money the last thing I want if my vehicle is stolen is to get it back. I have been down that road before and the damage and hidden problems took months to find. If stolen I just want a check to get a new one.

Visioneer

Wildtrak
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Paceman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Worst example of this was when the BMW dealer tried to sell this to my wife and when she asked "will that explode" their response "dont worry its totally safe ....regular air is 95% nitrogen"...:ROFLMAO:
I have to show this to my wife. She was convinced on nitrogen and won't go a mile without it. Thanks!

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I bought my 2003 Cobra on x-plan, the dealer tried to add on a couple fees. Luckily for me, the x-plan pin provider (ford employee) was there and called bullshit on them. The x-plan price was what was listed on the sheet and nothing more. That was the first time ford offered rebates on SVT vehicles, Labor Day 2003.

nbennett14

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Fusion, 14 Fusion, 07 Expedition, 14 Grand Cherokee SRT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to show this to my wife. She was convinced on nitrogen and won't go a mile without it. Thanks!
I believe the only advantage of N in tires is for changes in temp your pressures wont change as much. So that is why Race car drivers like Indy and Nascar use it so they can plan better for the air pressure as the tires heat up.(if I am thinking correctly)

Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the only advantage of N in tires is for changes in temp your pressures wont change as much. So that is why Race car drivers like Indy and Nascar use it so they can plan better for the air pressure as the tires heat up.(if I am thinking correctly)
Yeah, less moisture means less variability in pressure and nitrogen is slightly lighter than oxygen so theres some, probably very minor, benefit there. It is pointless in road cars.

ParsonsWV

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cummins, 2020 Gt500 ordered
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A lot of dealerships do bump stickers because it is straight profit. They will reduce the bump sticker to "cost" a lot of times to make it look like you are getting a deal but they are still getting full MSRP for the vehicle. On an ordered vehicle if a dealership refuses not to add on their products walk away.

Who ever mentioned floor mats being worth it look at the parts catalog before accepting them. Jeep dealership I know puts floor mats in every car they have and charge $300 for them. They are the same mats as the mopar catalog where they were $90.

The "paint protection" they add to bump stickers is not worth the 400-500 they charge where I live. It's through a company but it's basically a quick wax. For the actual warranty of paint protection for that product they will ask you to bring the car in to have it protected and charge you more.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I was shopping for my truck.. a rare combination.. I had to expand my search nationwide. For whatever reason it seemed that the AZ dealers were the worst at adding $2~$3k of "mandatory" adds.. like window tint and underbody protection blah blah blah. Obviously I didn't talk with all of them.. but the handful I did all had it.

Eventually bought from a Texas dealer that was straight up with no adds. Since it was out of state not even TT&L.. I paid that myself when I got home.

With the nationwide reach of the ole interwebs and the fun of road trip home in a new truck there is no reason to pay anything above the reasonable mutually agreed upon price.

I am surprised dealers still do it and people still pay it.

Maybe we need to start a "don't pay for stupid dealer add ons!" public information campaign.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, less moisture means less variability in pressure and nitrogen is slightly lighter than oxygen so theres some, probably very minor, benefit there. It is pointless in road cars.
If you work it out, for 5 315/70/17 tires the nitrogen is about 3 oz lighter, total. you have to be pretty far out on the performance edge for 0.6 oz per tire (on 80-90 lb wheel and tire combos) to matter. The water makes a bit of difference, but again, mostly to race cars unless there is no water separator, dryer or filter in the compressor line and you are basically shooting liquid water into the tire with the air. If it is free, great, won't pay extra for it.

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't want my dealer to put their stupid sticker and license plate frame on my Bronco... if they want to advertise using my vehicle my fee is pretty steep.

Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
when I placed my reservation Ford didn't give me a choice on dealers. Since I am new to this state I called them and asked them how they work. I told them I can get X or maybe A plan. They told me if the Bronco qualifies they add a $100 dealer fee, if it doesn't they will add a $750 fee. I won't pay sticker, never have never will, won't pay for any add on's if they try to pull that crap on me, I will walk away

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
Thats all fine and dandy, and certainly within your right to shop around, just don’t be one of those guys that drives four states away to save $200, even though the other dealer is probably getting the same or more in “doc” fees or some other hidden line item, (which is less than 3 cents per month over an 84 month loan BTW) only to have some $1000+ sensor or module crap out at mileage 36001, and then expect your local dealer to float you a goodwill repair. Loyalty goes both ways.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my younger days I went to a dealer to purchase a fox body they had on the lot as a leftover. They went out and looked over my trade in and came back and said we will give you this for your car I replied hold on, took a piece of paper from his desk and said I'll be right back. his reply was what are you doing. I responded I am going out to look over the mustang for a minute. He followed. When he saw what I was doing he said it doesn't work that way. What I was doing was picking the mustang apart, scratches, dings and then low and behold I opened the passengers side door and noticed the floor was buckled in the the air about an inch !!! It doesn't work that way I replied you are trying to sell me a wrecked "new" vehicle and you are telling me it doesn't work that way, what a JOKE !!!!!

Later on I found out is was the one they let everyone test drive and the salesman that was trying to sell it to me was the one that put it in a ditch because he didn't know how to drive a performance car and it got "away" from him. Glad I walked out and never dealt with that dealer again and if anyone asked I do not recommend them. Avoid at all costs.

Kinda of off topic but it just shows what of snakes are out there !!!! Caveat emptor !!!

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "paint protection" they add to bump stickers is not worth the 400-500 they charge where I live. It's through a company but it's basically a quick wax. For the actual warranty of paint protection for that product they will ask you to bring the car in to have it protected and charge you more.
Said it once, and I'll say it again - "TruCoat!"

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

oof good luck capitol ford will not even answer my emails.
Sponsored